News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

Last I heard Mary Poppins like the rest of Epcot outside of Guardians of the Galaxy was put on the backburner.
Journey of Water is currently being built and Play is still coming (but probably not until Disney feels it is reasonable post pandemic for that sort of thing).

DisneyDodo

Last I heard Mary Poppins like the rest of Epcot outside of Guardians of the Galaxy was put on the backburner.
Officially, three Epcot projects were shelved as a result of the pandemic: the SSE refurb, the multi-leveled festival center, and Poppins.

SSE will almost certainly undergo a refurb at some point in the next few years, though likely a scaled-back version of what they had planned. The other two projects are, for all intents and purposes, canceled. Disney could always pick them back up, but they have no current plans to.

Roger_the_pianist

Of course Toad would fit well in the UK pavilion but that's never going to happen. They could have moved him there when he closed at MK but instead they buried him in the Haunted Mansion pet cemetary 👻

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
de0itw5-5bb2dc41-1117-4483-b479-f5a710c99a05.jpg

I know it's a few days late, but it's kind of ironic that the day Song of the South turns 75, Disney announces more information on the upcoming Tiana series.

LittleBuford

If only inclusivity had an bearing on the enjoyment of any form of entertainment.
It doesn't.
Well, maybe to the section of the population that obsesses over it.
I can offer a personal experience that directly contradicts your claim. When I was a child, long before I had any notion of what inclusivity was, I was beyond excited when Aladdin came out. The fact that the story and its characters represented the Middle East (however fantastically) meant a great deal to me as a kid of Middle Eastern heritage. And even now, despite all my awareness of the more problematic aspects of the film, I feel a special attachment to it.

If inclusivity doesn't matter to you, it may well be because the community to which you belong isn't lacking in representation.

celluloid

As a larger kid genetically, I never cared whether someone looked like me in a movie nor after losing weight but remaining big framed did I appreciate Heavyweights because of that as much as the comedy. I did not care for Rainman nor any movie that had a Savant syndrome case represented because "hey that's me" even though I am in the spectrum and have had some things come easier for me while some things more difficult. I think what incomudro inclusivity can just be not something someone needs over good characters and writing.

Dear Prudence

For those that care, Splash Mountain is not ridable in the Minecraft DLC released today. It's where you go to get Tianas signature:

But they included you know what in Peter Pan because of course they did. o_O🙃

Also, why did they keep the old Splash design?! (Unless they don't know what it will for sure look like...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom