Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Rescue Ranger

As much as I love the idea of a themed Dinosaur area, since they really didn't get it right, I'd love to see them retheme Dinoland to Jungle Book. Fits in perfect.

Dinosaur was great back in its Countdown to Extinction days but they haven't kept it up and the area needs attention. A river boat dark ride themed to Jungle Book would be awesome. Especially if they added some drops and what not. I'd love to see it!

jakeman

Honestly parts of it were brilliantly done...They just should have given that same aged Route 66 treatment to the carnival rides rather cartoon toys...SKipped the Games of Chance and added some more atmospherics to continue the Route 66 Digsite story... The Chester and Hester gift shop was beautifully themed...it's just the carnival that was lacking
Yep. I'm definitely not going to argue that the asthetic of Dino-rama clashes with that of even the actual Chester and Hester gift shop.

It was supposed to stick out like a sore thumb, but I would imagine the original intent was more in the way of the shop than the garish roadside stop we got.

FigmentJedi

As much as I love the idea of a themed Dinosaur area, since they really didn't get it right, I'd love to see them retheme Dinoland to Jungle Book. Fits in perfect.

Dinosaur was great back in its Countdown to Extinction days but they haven't kept it up and the area needs attention. A river boat dark ride themed to Jungle Book would be awesome. Especially if they added some drops and what not. I'd love to see it!
You know that there's this whole area called Asia you can toss the Jungle Book into

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What if I told you...that's the point?

Dinoland...best backstory in all of WDW with the worst execution.

Yep. Execution kills it. I honestly think it would have been near perfect if they "aged" and "cheapened" the look of the land to the point of satire or self deprecation . That's the idea they just didn't push it far enough. It's especially odd considering Rohde usually makes a point of aging the crap out of stuff to give it that worn, rugged look. There's beauty in rust and decay. I want to see exposed plywood, nails sticking out, rust, paint chips. Rides that look unsafe and painfully cheap.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Yep. Execution kills it. I honestly think it would have been near perfect if they "aged" and "cheapened" the look of the land to the point of satire or self-deprivation. That's the idea they just didn't push it far enough. It's especially odd considering Rohde usually makes a point of aging the crap out of stuff to give it that worn, rugged look. There's beauty in rust and decay. I want to see exposed plywood, nails sticking out, rust, paint chips. Rides that look unsafe and painfully cheap.
And again, actually look to real Roadside Dinosaur parks for inspiration instead of "Lol, State Fair Midway". Like you could get a fun dark ride or Autopia style thing out of the concept and that would give the park more family-friendly stuff to do.

Disney Maddux

So... any updates on this recently? I'll even take a Jim Hill update by this point. And if this is cancelled (if it was ever in consideration), then what will happen to the land behind Kali River Rapids? The only other thing I could see is the fantastic return of Beastly Kingdom or a South America section.

GlacierGlacier

So... any updates on this recently? I'll even take a Jim Hill update by this point. And if this is cancelled (if it was ever in consideration), then what will happen to the land behind Kali River Rapids? The only other thing I could see is the fantastic return of Beastly Kingdom or a South America section.
If there was news about Zootopia in AK it'd be brought up here.

As for the land behind Kali, it's traditionally used for growing trees used on property or for staging of various construction materials. For instance, it held some Pandora props during construction.

HauntedMansionFLA

I could see South America happening at some point. Probably a no on Zootopia. It looks like they are eyeing Indiana Jones for DAK. Although I think Indy should go to DHS.

J. D.

They’re surveying about Zootopia in DAK, Wakanda in Epcot, a Moana volcano coaster in MK and hula hoops in DHS
"You know, for kids!"
1c9fef9d0d61b5576990d2c1517b020f.jpg

dreamfinder

Actually the only believable thing is the Hula Hoops in DHS... that a $60 investment for something they can call an attraction...lol

Even more believable, they already have a bunch at DHS. Last time we were there, Oscars Service Station (or whatever stroller rental is called) had a few dozen of them out for people to use. So it's a zero cost solution to move them to an empty part of the park and stick it on the map.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom