News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

Wish we could have both, as much as I'm a fan of Encanto and it looks great fan of everything in this concept art, the Moana felt very Animal Kingdom. At the end of the day I prefer any of these two than a ZootopiaLand! Maybe The Encanto Casita Home will appear just like in the movie and you can wander and rest relax cool off similar in ways like when your in Morocco Pavilion!

Jrb1979

Wish we could have both, as much as I'm a fan of Encanto and it looks great fan of everything in this concept art, the Moana felt very Animal Kingdom. At the end of the day I prefer any of these two than a ZootopiaLand! Maybe The Encanto Casita Home will appear just like in the movie and you can wander and rest relax cool off similar in ways like when your in Morocco Pavilion!
You should if even one of these ever get built.

James Alucobond

Are we? Who knows what we will end up getting in the end...Or if they will build any of it...
I just said that the Moana concept art had more water in it and looked like a better fit.
and really Spanish tile? that's a feature? lol I see one fountain...
I liked the other proposal better... that's all.
Glad you like this one.
You're saying two different things. I agree that we might not get this at all, but what was proposed is not a "dry, hot" environment as you suggested. It looks like a quaint town square in the Spanish style centered around a fountain and planters that progresses into a jungle toward the IJ temple and a lush house covered in flowers and ringed by a river as you approach Casita.

Bocabear

to me, it looked like a dry hot town square...what you see is something else. The Moana proposal looked like lots of water everywhere. I just preferred it... It appealed to me more...it looked more refreshing to me than a pink creek and town square fountain...not sure what else I can tell you.
I will repeat though, I am glad you are happy with this proposal.

James Alucobond

to me, it looked like a dry hot town square...what you see is something else.
Objectively speaking, I just don't understand how you can see that, but okay.
The Moana proposal looked like lots of water everywhere. I just preferred it... It appealed to me more...it looked more refreshing to me than a pink creek and town square fountain...not sure what else I can tell you.
Relatively speaking, sure. I would agree that this looks less refreshing.
I would not have minded them going either way, but I am indeed happy that they're going the direction of having a region (the Tropics) guide their decision-making process here instead of just plopping Moana and Zootopia next to each other without stating that they were considering a broader theme like Oceania.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but what? You're getting a Caño Cristales-ringed house literally bursting with flowers, a lost temple in a lush jungle, and a town square with fountains, flowers, and Spanish tile.
Not to mention a hurricane of jacarandas, strangling figs, hanging vines, palma de cera filling the the air and comin' through with tabebuia. Boo-yah!

Bocabear

Objectively speaking, I just don't understand how you can see that, but okay.

Relatively speaking, sure. I would agree that this looks less refreshing.

I would not have minded them going either way, but I am indeed happy that they're going the direction of having a region (the Tropics) guide their decision-making process here instead of just plopping Moana and Zootopia next to each other without stating that they were considering a broader theme like Oceania.
I was hoping there would be no Zootopia next to Moana...that proposal was a while ago, and of course direction has changed again. Is what it is.
I am glad you are Okay with not understanding how I can see things.... lol

James Alucobond

I am glad you are Okay with not understanding how I can see things.... lol
I am just saying there is no way to see an area covered in flowers, filled with trees, and ringed by rivers as “dry”. It is an objectively incorrect descriptor regardless of your perspective. If you meant drier than the previous concept then sure, but otherwise, it’s simply inaccurate.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Moana doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom for the same reason that Encanto doesn't - it's about humans. I know there's some sort of environmental message, but WALL-E has one too and I don't want THAT in Animal Kingdom either.
1694469880065.png

1694469906831.png

1694469929370.png

1694469951105.png

Chef idea Mickey`=

to me, it looked like a dry hot town square...what you see is something else. The Moana proposal looked like lots of water everywhere. I just preferred it... It appealed to me more...it looked more refreshing to me than a pink creek and town square fountain...not sure what else I can tell you.

I know what you meant conclusion was Moana over the Encanto even though the response looking back appeared directly stating what The Encanto Land will be.*

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

The Moana concept in my observation opinion looks like the ground could be wet as you wonder misty like. The Encanto town square doesn't so dry was just saying the environment there would be opposite of an area with a flume ride, bridge over riverbanks, possible water mists if like Journey of Water.

James Alucobond

Exactly, we're both saying we just admired the Moana proposal.
I respect the fact that people really liked the Moana attraction as presented. I also very much enjoyed it aesthetically. But that is not what was said nor was it the notion I was responding to. This is what was said:
Instead we will get a dry, hot Central South American area that will not fit the park as well...
Apparently, this constitutes "dry", and to question that assertion is an affront to opinions everywhere ...
tropics_art.png

I legit feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

UNCgolf

Are we? Who knows what we will end up getting in the end...Or if they will build any of it...
I just said that the Moana concept art had more water in it and looked like a better fit.
and really Spanish tile? that's a feature? lol I see one fountain...
I liked the other proposal better... that's all.
Glad you like this one.

Zootopia made the other proposal significantly worse. The Moana section would have been fine if Zootopia was excised, but the idea of basing the entire area on a specific region (and apparently with new animals) instead of just tossing in a couple of IPs is also better.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Not to dismiss this, but do you have anything else supporting the idea that you could get to that plot of land without removing one of Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali River Rapids or the train?

Just an eye in the sky...

1694524690307.png

The closest distance between a track an a building fence is 50 ft. The main bridge into DAK is 33 ft across.

doctornick

Zootopia made the other proposal significantly worse. The Moana section would have been fine if Zootopia was excised, but the idea of basing the entire area on a specific region (and apparently with new animals) instead of just tossing in a couple of IPs is also better.

This. The Moana portion of the previous proposal looked fine and if it were sectioned off from the rest of Dinoland USA as Oceania, it would have be a good addition.

But the Zootopia portion was a downfall as it stuck out and was a bad idea. And the contrast and lack of harmony with Moana would have exacerbated the issue. Doing one continental land as the overarching theme that has some IPs as the content is a much more elegant solution for DAK even if I think Moana in isolation would be a better option for the park than Encanto.

Chef idea Mickey`=

All I will say is it's ABOUT TIME Walt Disney World has a new Land of it's kind 1st.

It hasn't had it since Toy Story Land however comparing that Land to Cars Land was kind of underwhelming so it doesn't count to me as impressive Lands. This Encanto or Moana would set on top must visit lands next to World of Arendelle and Cars Land and Fantasy Springs, Zootopia Land in Shanghai if they put full 100% heart into a disney world project for once!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom