News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

neo999955

In the Parks
No
It's basically what they did for Splash for a year or more leading up to it's closing.
Agreed. I think it's pretty clear based on maintenance, attendance and the presentation from D23 last year that Dinosaur is on its way out. No reason to debate it. There's also little doubt it becomes anything other than Zootopia (although things could change). Ignoring issues with its fit in AK, I do hope they produce a ride that exceeds Dinosaur's fun in its prime.

Last edited:

comics101

I know this may not be the right place to ask this but what's the deal with D'Amaro?

IP is an Iger problem. Who succeeds him, well it’s up to them.

Iger blew money he shouldn't have on acquisitions Disney didn't need and now the company has to "get their money's worth" by shoehorning properties and franchises into the parks.

MagicHappens1971

Iger blew money he shouldn't have on acquisitions Disney didn't need and now the company has to "get their money's worth" by shoehorning properties and franchises into the parks.
What acquisitions didn't the company need? Personally, Fox is the only one they could've done without in my opinion.

Pixar, Marvel & Star Wars have helped launch Disney into the entertainment powerhouse it is today.

J4546

What acquisitions didn't the company need? Personally, Fox is the only one they could've done without in my opinion.

Pixar, Marvel & Star Wars have helped launch Disney into the entertainment powerhouse it is today.
i agree but while pixar marvel and lucasfilm have been a great asset for disney films and parks, buying FOX gave them not just FOX shows and movies but also hotstar streaming, which is a massive market share in india and asia. They may have paid too much but I still think log term, getting a foothold in the asian market will pay off long term

UNCgolf

We don't know much about the Shangai Zootopia ride, but I would imagine a copy & paste of that, adjusted for the existing space in Dinosaur.

I don't think it'll be a copy & paste. I believe the one in Shanghai is trackless, and from what insiders have said it doesn't sound like they're going to gut the building and fully rebuild like they did for GMR to MMRR.

MagicHappens1971

I don't think it'll be a copy & paste. I believe the one in Shanghai is trackless, and from what insiders have said it doesn't sound like they're going to gut the building and fully rebuild like they did for GMR to MMRR.
I meant as for the show scenes. Use the same show scenes and reprogram the current ride vehicles

Advisable Joseph

We don't know much about the Shangai Zootopia ride, but I would imagine a copy & paste of that, adjusted for the existing space in Dinosaur.
The concept art suggests a different ride.

Shanghai's ride is a police chase.

The concept art has the train station in front, with no police station visible.

I'll try to dig up my old post.

Also, Jennifer Lee mentioned Bunnyburrow, which wouldn't be in the Shanghai ride.

MagicHappens1971

The concept art suggests a different ride.

Shanghai's ride is a police chase.

The concept art has the train station in front, with no police station visible.

I'll try to dig up my old post.

Also, Jennifer Lee mention Bunnyburrow, which wouldn't be in the Shanghai ride.
The concept art isn’t really concept art, it was just “blue sky”. We have no idea what is to actually come

Advisable Joseph

The concept art isn’t really concept art, it was just “blue sky”. We have no idea what is to actually come
It's not set in stone, but it does give us an idea.
Look at the picture.

The building in front, roughly where Dinosaur is, is the train station, not the police station. Posting links is still difficult for me -- new member -- but you can look up the Zootopia Wiki and search for Savanna Central Station and Zootopia Police Department.

This suggests a different ride than at Shanghai.

Maybe I can post an image anyway:

Central_Station01.png
And here is the concept art. You can see the train station in the front.

Again, Lee mentioned Bunnyburrow, the farming community a good ways away from Zootopia which probably isn't in the Shanghai police chase, so they're probably thinking of new ideas.

While simply telling Disney "Zootopia doesn't belong!" would be beyond redundant now, you could tell them to focus on the connection to real animals.

Advisable Joseph

I definitely agree with that. I think they'll use the Shanghai ride as the basis and make whatever adjustments they need.
Assuming they did that, they're would still be major changes, as I mentioned above.

I think we could give feedback that they should focus on how animals are adapted to biomes.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
View attachment 717014
The Blue Sky concept art of Zootopia looks nearly identical to the concept art for the Shanghai Zootopia Land.
If we get Zootopia in DAK, which is very likely, then I would bet money on what we get being a clone or close to a clone of what they're getting over in Shanghai.

Yup, and it looks AWFUL in my opinion. How can anyone look at this and say, "YES! Animal Kingdom needs this!"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom