News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

We are clearly not getting the full city that Shanghai is getting, but it is fully probable that they are going to gut the interior of Dinosaur and replace with, as close to a copy of the Shanghai Zootopia attraction.

That doesn't really make any sense though. The main ride at Shanghai is an LPS trackless one very different from the ride setup for Dinosaur. We've recently been told that Zootopia was moving forward because they could build it "quickly" by replacing Dinosaur. If they have to gut Dinosaur and just use the walls to put in a new ride, that would probably be just as long and perhaps even longer than simply doing a new build.

I could certainly see some of the scenes being the same between Florida and Shanghai but it's very likely the ride experiences will be quite different.

MagicHappens1971

That doesn't really make any sense though. The main ride at Shanghai is an LPS trackless one very different from the ride setup for Dinosaur. We've recently been told that Zootopia was moving forward because they could build it "quickly" by replacing Dinosaur. If they have to gut Dinosaur and just use the walls to put in a new ride, that would probably be just as long and perhaps even longer than simply doing a new build.

I could certainly see some of the scenes being the same between Florida and Shanghai but it's very likely the ride experiences will be quite different.
This is what we were all saying. They wouldn't "gut" Dinosaur. They'd remove all the show scenes, replace them with the ones from or similar to the Shanghai attraction and reprogram the Dinosaur EMVs.

MagicHappens1971

I can see them slapping on a flat front city facade to the dinosaur building,,,yeah that would be just like them to do.
I slapped together a quick mockup of what they could do. Definitely not great, but it was super quick. Put the city facade a little further back than I have it in the picture, stick the train station top on top of the dinosaur building, and repaint/redesign the front of the Dinosaur building.
badlook.png

MagicHappens1971

You literally wrote "gut the interior of Dinosaur" in what I quoted.
Yes. But not to replace the track/ride system. Semantics and my poor choice of words.

My intention was to say that, they will gut the show scenes and replace them, keeping the same ride system.

Think Splash Mountain ——-> Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

PizzaPlanet

Rumors have it the new Indy movie will feature time travel. Sounds like potential for Indians Jones Adventure meets Dinosaur. It would be a weird fit but still somehow feels better than Zootopia to me.

JustInTime

I like having animals of past, present and fiction represented. It would be a real bummer to lost Dinoland. Imo, DAK’s Dinoland is better than JP at IOA.

Ultimately if we lose Dinoland, it’ll be because Disney never could launch a successful Dinosaur franchise.

I’m kinda hoping the Florida drama halts funding of the project.

Last edited:

Advisable Joseph

To add to this, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and The Seas with Nemo and Friends are very different ride systems and yet share a lot in terms of their story and even some show effects. Overall show ideas and certain effects can be brought over. The EMV vehicles would work pretty well for a chase concept.
Why do you think a train station would indicate a chase?

MagicHappens1971

W

Cant speak for him, but for myself, the concept art is super vague. It is so much more probable to think that they’re going to copy and paste the chase attraction from Shanghai Disneyland. Especially since the whole concept of Dinosaur is you’re chasing after the Iguanadon

WorldExplorer

I like having animals of past, present and fiction represented. It would be a real bummer to lost Dinoland. Imo, DAK’s Dinoland is better than JP at IOA.

Ultimately if we lose Dinoland, it’ll be because Disney never could launch a successful Dinosaur franchise.

I’m kinda hoping the Florida drama halts funding of the project.

I don't know how true this is, but from my understanding Dinoland is actually the closest they've come to a successful dinosaur franchise. People still spend their money on dinosaurs, apparently, cheesy environment or scary ride aside.

You'd think that capitalizing on something that's well established to be a consistent gold mine but that they haven't managed to create a well liked film for would be something good for the parks, but apparently not.

Advisable Joseph

Cant speak for him, but for myself, the concept art is super vague. It is so much more probable to think that they’re going to copy and paste the chase attraction from Shanghai Disneyland. Especially since the whole concept of Dinosaur is you’re chasing after the Iguanadon
I can't guarantee that they won't do 1000 bizarre things, but the one detailed part of the Zootopia concept image is the train station.

So, they could change, but somehow, at one point, trains or transportation would be involved.

MagicHappens1971

I can't guarentee that they won't do 1000 bizarre things, but the one detailed part of the Zootopia concept image is the train station.

So, they could change, but somehow, at one point, trains or transportation would be involved.
A chase through the different biomes (or whatever they called them) could be interesting as well. I just don’t see them retrofitting each of the Dinosaur cars into individual train cars since that wouldn’t really match that aesthetic.

I also can’t guarantee they’ll do what I’m suggesting. Which is one of the great things about this forum, we can all spitball our theories, and ideas and see what actually comes to fruition.

lazyboy97o

How does a building indicate boats? You’re reading way too much into completely unrelated things trying to piece together something that is not nor has to be there. The chase starts at the train station, problem solved. Whatever they’re doing is to reuse the ride system, so you’re not getting into a vehicle that will look much like a train.

Advisable Joseph

A chase through the different biomes (or whatever they called them) could be interesting as well. I just don’t see them retrofitting each of the Dinosaur cars into individual train cars since that wouldn’t really match that aesthetic.

The thought in the back of my mind is that you might take a train or tram to another part of the park, maybe even in what is now the SE parking lot.

I also can’t guarantee they’ll do what I’m suggesting. Which is one of the great things about this forum, we can all spitball our theories, and ideas and see what actually comes to fruition.
Unless people are :eek:.
How does a building indicate boats? You’re reading way too much into completely unrelated things trying to piece together something that is not nor has to be there. The chase starts at the train station, problem solved. Whatever they’re doing is to reuse the ride system, so you’re not getting into a vehicle that will look much like a train.
Boats? Boatniks??

Hmmm...
The Shanghai ride front is the police station, so why change that? Simply to indicate that you're leaving Animal Kingdom?

MagicHappens1971

The Shanghai ride front is the police station, so why change that? Simply to indicate that you're leaving Animal Kingdom?
The Moana “concept art” (I don’t like to call it that bc this isn’t even real concept art) is way more specific, but the Zootopia art is super vague. As I already mentioned, we have zero idea what is to come, but it’s far more likely that they will replicate the Zootopia car chase attraction, than create something brand new.

Time will tell what is to come, especially if we see the Zootopia attraction opens in Shanghai before they announce more about this expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom