News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Were there actual plans for Fire Mountain that existed at one time/what do we know about it? @marni1971 got anything on this?
Fantasyland:

IMG_0690.jpeg

Adventureland:

IMG_0691.jpeg

Last edited:

arich35

Will they just announce something already?
We first went to Disney World in Dec 2019, and I don't think they have officially announced and started building a new ride since. Tron was already being built when we first went and I am not counting Splash Mountain. Cosmic Rewind was announced a few months before we went

MagicHappens1971

yWill they just announce something already?
While nothing has broken ground yet (obviously), it doesn't mean Disney isn't actively working on plans. I would rather they wait and announce till their ready to break ground.

They're not going to announce anything until Destination D or if Universal makes some dramatic EU announcements prior to that.

Kamikaze

Will they just announce something already?
We first went to Disney World in Dec 2019, and I don't think they have officially announced and started building a new ride since. Tron was already being built when we first went and I am not counting Splash Mountain. Cosmic Rewind was announced a few months before we went
I mean, theres a small thing in the middle there that you're glossing over...

BlakeW39

I know this may not be the right place to ask this but what's the deal with D'Amaro? @marni1971 we have discussed Disney's IP-mandate in this thread ad nauseam but I'm wprries that this isn't an Iger thing but rather an issue that has permeated the culture of the company as a whole. Is Josh going to be an issue when Iger is gone do you think? Presuming the next CEO is open to building original attractions, which I am aware is unlikely.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know this may not be the right place to ask this but what's the deal with D'Amaro? @marni1971 we have discussed Disney's IP-mandate in this thread ad nauseam but I'm wprries that this isn't an Iger thing but rather an issue that has permeated the culture of the company as a whole. Is Josh going to be an issue when Iger is gone do you think? Presuming the next CEO is open to building original attractions, which I am aware is unlikely.
IP is an Iger problem. Who succeeds him, well it’s up to them.

BlakeW39

IP is an Iger problem. Who succeeds him, well it’s up to them.

That's oddly good to hear, even if I doubt that any change will take place once Iger's out. I was worried because at @The Visionary Soul said these issues wouldn't cease until both Iger and D'Amaro are out. And currently this is one of the biggest issues I have with the company. Many others that I know personally have agreed that Disney feels much more corporate than it did, say, 10 years ago.

Last edited:

doctornick

While nothing has broken ground yet (obviously), it doesn't mean Disney isn't actively working on plans. I would rather they wait and announce till their ready to break ground.

They're not going to announce anything until Destination D or if Universal makes some dramatic EU announcements prior to that.

Heck, I'd rather they break grown and start working and then can announce whenever they want down the line.

Advisable Joseph

Another angle, after thinking about the concept art

How would you guys about a small companion park where the far southern parking lots are now? Or maybe the unused land south of the Animal Kingdom support facilities?

Could that be a home for animal ideas which don't seem to fit in the main park?

BlakeW39

Another angle, after thinking about the concept art

How would you guys about a small companion park where the far southern parking lots are now? Or maybe the unused land south of the Animal Kingdom support facilities?

Could that be a home for animal ideas which don't seem to fit in the main park?

I don't have an issue with Zootopia in DHS actually. Maybe a miniland. I just don't believe it fits in DAK. But that doesn't mean I hate the film or never want to see it anywhere. I actually liked the film's world building and how the character designs played on the real traits of the animals they're supposed to be.

RSoxNo1

If they want to use the Zootopia characters in a way that's completely off theme for the movie, so be it. I highly doubt that's what they're doing however.

Advisable Joseph

Let's see if I can post the majority of it...

However, on the Reedy Creek development plan maps, there is land just west of DHS, across the road, intended for future mixed use which is technically in the Animal Kingdom area. There is also usable land near there just north of Blizzard Beach. It's a real stretch, but maybe the city in the background could be there, if it is as tall as Tower of Terror, I guess? It's not a CAD drawing, so the perspective might not be perfect, which could help.

FigmentFan82

I am a Zootopia fan, but I get the resistance to the IP in DAK.

It is something though that really won't hinder the park in any real way since it's going in an area that is pretty hidden and secluded to itself. It's not like they're replacing the Tree of Life with the Zootopia skyline.

The Moana stuff will be the thing that is more out in the open in that area.

Also, Zootopia 2 is coming, so just prepare yourselves. Z1 was a billion dollar success.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom