Yummy and Unique Snack Suggestions?

Goofyque'

MK sunshine terrace has an orange version of the Dole whip

ANY of the tart type things at Starring Rolls at DHS

And of course, any number of Mickey Bars!!!

NikonJim

Minnie's Strawberry Bar and the Orange Slush from Sunshine Tree Terrace have been my favorites for years and YEARS! My wife finds it difficult to pass up the rice crispy treats and the warm, sugar roasted nuts.

Dwarful

I agree with the Rice Cream in Norway! The girls love the huge peanut butter cups with the chocolate mickey heads on top from the confectionary shop on Main St.
My favorites are the creme brulee!

CheriBibi

I love Mrs Pott's Cupboard's Chocolat Ice Cream Shake !!! Take it at night, when Pooh's Playful Spot is not busy and enjoy it seating on a huge Hunny Pot...

I miss the world...

NewfieFan

MK sunshine terrace has an orange version of the Dole whip

ANY of the tart type things at Starring Rolls at DHS

And of course, any number of Mickey Bars!!!

What you're talking about is actually not a "version" of the Dole Whip. Dole Whip is not ice cream whereas the Citrus Swirl (I believe that's what it's called) is soft serve ice cream. But either way it's still good - I like the citrus swirl better than a dole whip (I know, that's like speaking out against a religion around here:lookaroun)!

lilclerk

Definitely the cream cheese filled pretzel in Tomorrowland.

s640x480

I'm not positive it counts as a snack, but shoot it's delicious.

Nansafan

At least once a vacation we stop for Chocolate Mousse and Tiramisu at the stand located between Italy and Germany. We've actually made the trip to Epcot from our resort just for dessert from that stand.

Wendy517

Across from China pavillion is The Joy of Tea stand. They serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic slushees. Our favorite - Strawberry Oolong Tea, but the Mango Green Tea is a close second.

Phonedave

What you're talking about is actually not a "version" of the Dole Whip. Dole Whip is not ice cream whereas the Citrus Swirl (I believe that's what it's called) is soft serve ice cream. But either way it's still good - I like the citrus swirl better than a dole whip (I know, that's like speaking out against a religion around here:lookaroun)!

You have at least one other member in your "Cult of the Anti-Dole Whip" :)

I just can't see what all the fuss is. They are not bad, but for me, nothing to write home about. :)

Oh well, different tastes.......

-dave

Phonedave

OK, did some googling around.

Dole makes a number of flavors of Dole Whip, including
Vanilla, Chocolate, Orange, Strawberry, Raspberry, Mango, and of course Pineapple. All made in the same way. They are all a powdered dry NON-DAIRY mix that you mix with water and run through a standard soft serve machine. Mmmm, nothing like non-dairy chocolate to get the taste buds watering.

Anyhow, here is the straight "scoop" (or extruded serving as it were) on orange and pineapple

ORANGE

General Description
Dole Soft Serve Mix is a nondairy dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. Marketed under the popular Dole brand name, this unique product delivers an intense, natural orange fruit flavor, yet is fat and cholesterol free.

Ingredients
Sugar, Dextrose, Orange Juice Concentrate, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Xanthan, Carrageenan and Karaya Gums, Pectin), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Yellow 6.

ACCEPTABLE CLAIMS:
Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free, Gluten Free

PINEAPPLE

General Description
Dole Soft Serve Mix is a nondairy dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. Marketed under the popular Dole brand name, this unique product delivers an intense, natural pineapple fruit flavor, yet is low in fat and cholesterol free.

Ingredients
Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Xanthan, Carrageenan and Karaya Gums, Pectin), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide (anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Yellow 5 & 6.

ACCEPTABLE CLAIMS:
Low Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free, Gluten Free

I like that "Low Free" claim :) but thats what the website says. I think they mean low fat. Get your Dole Whip people, it has lots of Xanthan Gum, but it's free of Lows :D

If you want your own 4.4 lb sack of powdered Dole Whip (makes 72 4oz servings) you can check out Percision Foods (Do I like my food to be percise? If I made a company called "Approximate Foods" do you think I have a market ? :D )

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products.cfm?start=1&id=103

-dave

NewfieFan

OK, did some googling around.

Dole makes a number of flavors of Dole Whip, including
Vanilla, Chocolate, Orange, Strawberry, Raspberry, Mango, and of course Pineapple. All made in the same way. They are all a powdered dry NON-DAIRY mix that you mix with water and run through a standard soft serve machine. Mmmm, nothing like non-dairy chocolate to get the taste buds watering.

Anyhow, here is the straight "scoop" (or extruded serving as it were) on orange and pineapple

ORANGE

General Description
Dole Soft Serve Mix is a nondairy dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. Marketed under the popular Dole brand name, this unique product delivers an intense, natural orange fruit flavor, yet is fat and cholesterol free.

Ingredients
Sugar, Dextrose, Orange Juice Concentrate, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Xanthan, Carrageenan and Karaya Gums, Pectin), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Yellow 6.

ACCEPTABLE CLAIMS:
Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free, Gluten Free

PINEAPPLE

General Description
Dole Soft Serve Mix is a nondairy dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. Marketed under the popular Dole brand name, this unique product delivers an intense, natural pineapple fruit flavor, yet is low in fat and cholesterol free.

Ingredients
Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Xanthan, Carrageenan and Karaya Gums, Pectin), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Silicon Dioxide (anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Yellow 5 & 6.

ACCEPTABLE CLAIMS:
Low Free, Cholesterol Free, Lactose Free, Gluten Free

I like that "Low Free" claim :) but thats what the website says. I think they mean low fat. Get your Dole Whip people, it has lots of Xanthan Gum, but it's free of Lows :D

If you want your own 4.4 lb sack of powdered Dole Whip (makes 72 4oz servings) you can check out Percision Foods (Do I like my food to be percise? If I made a company called "Approximate Foods" do you think I have a market ? :D )

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products.cfm?start=1&id=103

-dave

You can find videos online on how to make dole whips at home with the dry mix too - if anybody is interested (I think someone posted a YouTube video awhile back).

Quick question... what other flavours of Dole Whips are served in the MK? I know there's more than pineapple but I don't know which ones. And most people when they say "Dole Whips" they mean the pineapple one, right!?!

Thanks for the interesting info... I'll stick to my Citrus Swirl!:animwink:

wvdisneyfamily

1. Minnie's Strawberry Bars
2. Itzakadoozies
3. frozen strawberry drink at Epcot near Test Track
4. sweet almond pretzel from Norway
5. iced Rooibos tea from Anandapur Tea Company
6. sweet tea from Columbia Harbour House
7. Minnie's white chocolate raspberry cookies from Frontierland bakery
8. milkshake from Sci-Fi
9. sundae from Sci-Fi

BellaBelle27

Original Poster
great answers everyone :)

I've always wanted to try a School Bread from Norway, but wasn't sure what it was. It just looked really good. Same thing with the drinks from the Tea Stand in Epcot.

I just thought of another tasty dessert (although not a snack): the Bread Pudding from Ohana...it is really delicious. I actually tired to make it once at home from an online recipe and it tasted exactly like it! I was so excited, it brings you right back to Disney.

yankspy

great answers everyone :)

I've always wanted to try a School Bread from Norway, but wasn't sure what it was. It just looked really good. Same thing with the drinks from the Tea Stand in Epcot.

I just thought of another tasty dessert (although not a snack): the Bread Pudding from Ohana...it is really delicious. I actually tired to make it once at home from an online recipe and it tasted exactly like it! I was so excited, it brings you right back to Disney.
I will have to try my hand at the bread pudding. The school bread is very tasty and I would recommend it for your next trip.:slurp:

phlydude

The chicken wings on the bridge to Asia in Animal Kingdom are surprisingly good and hearty.

MK: Dole Whip (also available at Cpt. Cooks in the Poly) hands down but I also like a simple ice cream cone from the Plaza.

AS for Epcot:
Mexico-Curros
Norway-Any sweets in the bakery.
China-Pot Stickers at the Tangerine Cafe
Germany-Pretzel or a sausage
Italy-A nice glass of Spumante
American Adventure-Funnel Cakes
Japan-KAKI-GORE!!!!!!
Morocco-Ask for a side of hummus and step to the left and order some mint tea.
France-Crepes and a glass of Vouvray or anything from the patisserie.
UK-A pint and a side of chips.
Canada-Bear claw.
Land-Tomato, Mozzarella and Cucumber Salad

Hope this helps!

Are Bear Claws back? If so :sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy:

Tinkrbell

Quick question... what other flavours of Dole Whips are served in the MK? I know there's more than pineapple but I don't know which ones. And most people when they say "Dole Whips" they mean the pineapple one, right!?!
I think they also serve chocolate, vanilla, & swirl Dole Whip at the stand in Adventureland. Most times when I ask for a Dole Whip, they fiugre I'm talking about the pineapple flavor. Only once have I been asked what flavor I want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom