Yummy and Unique Snack Suggestions?

BellaBelle27

Original Poster
People often ask for dining recommendations, but I was wondering if anyone had any snack suggestions. What are the most delicious and most unique things you can get as snacks (that would count for the Dining Plan snack credits) at Disney World? Are there any good snacks hiding in resorts? Or in counter service places? I'm sure Epcot has really great ones.

My favorite would have to be a Dole Whip...and now (as always) I'm really craving one :slurp:

BSikor

The chicken wings on the bridge to Asia in Animal Kingdom are surprisingly good and hearty.

MK: Dole Whip (also available at Cpt. Cooks in the Poly) hands down but I also like a simple ice cream cone from the Plaza.

AS for Epcot:
Mexico-Curros
Norway-Any sweets in the bakery.
China-Pot Stickers at the Tangerine Cafe
Germany-Pretzel or a sausage
Italy-A nice glass of Spumante
American Adventure-Funnel Cakes
Japan-KAKI-GORE!!!!!!
Morocco-Ask for a side of hummus and step to the left and order some mint tea.
France-Crepes and a glass of Vouvray or anything from the patisserie.
UK-A pint and a side of chips.
Canada-Bear claw.
Land-Tomato, Mozzarella and Cucumber Salad

Hope this helps!

TrojanUSC

I would definitely avoid the mashed potato, cheese and salsa cone thing they sometimes sell at Disney's Animal Kingdom during busy days, just as you are entering Africa. F-ing gross.

yankspy

Canoli in Italy.
school bread in Kringla. (Norway).
Any of the chocolate in Germany or Italy. (not sure if that counts with the DDP).
Carrot cake at main street bakery.
Anything from the confectionary.
Cheese stuffed pretzel in Tomorrowland.

mro415

kringla bakery in norway - RICE CREAM. dont miss it!!!!!!!

Japan - Kaki Gori ( Shaved Ice )

Main street confectionary - apple pie candy apple ( caramel , white chocolate, covered in cinnamon sugar ) :slurp:.

turkey leg :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The Strawberry pie thats in Germany bakery, or Norway I cant remember but I get it everytime I go to WDW, its soooooooooo good!

yankspy

I forgot one. Hopefully everyone is familar with those thick 400 calorie minnie's bake shop cookies that are sold everywhere. In Goofy's candyco. in DTD they have a carrot cake one with icing. It is awesome.

DivineMadness7

The crepes in France are a family favorite...

You should try an authentic French crepe. When you've had the real thing, the ones in Epcot are a poor comparison. I was very disappointed with them and thought they were too dry (on more than one occasion.)

It's already been said, but Dole Whip. I had the roasted, sugary almonds once from a cart and they were pretty good. Also the cream cheese soft pretzels!

sarabi

We were so stuffed we had snack credits left over, and we even went during the Food and Wine Festival where you can use snack credits on pretty much any of the special food carts (which we did big time).
We still had credits left over for some Haribo from Germany, some roasted nuts from the cart between World Showcase and Futureworld in EPCOT, and some bottles of water for the drive to the airport. Oh, and a dole whip. Duh. We seriously scrambled to use them. I just don't find myself that hungry at WDW.

Phonedave

Ahhh yes how could I have forgotten the bakery at Norway? The sweet pretzel with the slivered almonds is soo delicious!

Try the lefse from the Norway bakery as well.

Its a batter made from potato flour and milk, that is cooked on a big flat iron, sort of like a tortilla, but softer and sweeter.

You can eat them plain, or with fillings in them, or a variety of ways. WDW serves them spread with butter, sprinked with sugar and cinnimon, and then rolled up.

I think most people pass on them because they don't quite know what they are.

- dave (1/4 Norwegian :) )

WIX

We always have so many of the snack credits left that we have learned some creative ways of using them. Just by asking our hotel's "grab and go" cashier.

One of the more creative ones was that three snacks equal a counter service at most resorts. We used that a couple of times. Now if only three counter services counted as one table service, that would be fantastic!!! Never enough table services for us, always leftover snacks and counters each and every trip. We can not possible fit three meals a day into our tummies . . . too much food.

My best friend always uses her left over snack credits for the rice crispy treat Mickey heads as she is leaving the resort and gives them as souvenir gifts for her co-workers.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
My best friend always uses her left over snack credits for the rice crispy treat Mickey heads as she is leaving the resort and gives them as souvenir gifts for her co-workers.

Thats what I always say. People all cry its too much food. Get the snacks and take them home so when you need your Disney snack fix and your 600 miles away you have a little something to take you back instantly.

:D

jtwyatt

I had my choice of one Snack in WDW...it with out a doubt would be the sweet, chilled, deliciouse, may I say heavenly....DOLE WHIP....

You can get it in Adventureland, just over the bridge from MS and on the right hand side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom