Your opinions for a first-timer to California Adventure

mickster

With the logic mickster provided in this post, she might as well skip the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Railroad, Buzz Lightyear, pretty much all of Fantasyland, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, plus all other clones that happen to be at both Magic Kingdoms.

Please re-read my post #68 addressing this same remark to someone else. As I stated to that poster, I believe you must surely realize that I'm not suggesting that one should never re-visit attractions they've done before.

If that doesn't do it for you, then please read my post #80 above. :wave:

Rufus T Firefly

mickster, if you reread the OP, it's clear that he/she IS going to DCA, regardless of anyone else's opinion.

The OP is just looking for suggestions from those who have actually ENJOYED certain attractions, and those who found some disappointing. BUT, the OP WILL be in the park, and if he/she follows your reccomendations, should just sit on a bench and take a nap all day. :ROFLOL:

You've made it quite clear that you wouldn't bother to visit the park at all. So be it. But unless you have some positive suggestions as to what people can do to pleasantly pass the time, if they find themselves there despite your warnings to the avoid it, please stop responding.

Mom knows best:sohappy:

Rufus T Firefly

But, all kidding aside Mickster. You seem to be taking this thread a little too seriously. Try to lighten up and relax a little bit.

Might I suggest an exciting trip to Disney's California Adventures where you could sample a few of those deeelicious Mission tortillas?:wave:

mickster

Might I suggest an exciting trip to Disney's California Adventures where you could sample a few of those deeelicious Mission tortillas?:wave:

I'm not sure the terms, "exciting trip" and "Disney's California Adventure" really belong in the same sentence. :lol: :lol:

As far as the free food samples, seems kind of silly to pay admission into a theme park to get "free" food samples, when I can just go to Costco and sample even better stuff...without paying admission. :hammer: :hammer:

Rufus T Firefly

I'm not sure the terms, "exciting trip" and "Disney's California Adventure" really belong in the same sentence. :lol: :lol:

As far as the free food samples, seems kind of silly to pay admission into a theme park to get "free" food samples, when I can just go to Costco and sample even better stuff...without paying admission. :hammer: :hammer:

But the tortillas are so fresh and warm.:slurp:

Terminus

Dca

I enjoy going to DCA a couple times a week. Of course, we usually go with my neice, and she likes the "Bug's Land" area there. Also, I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so some of the stuff there is "new" for me. I haven't been to the Tower of Terror in Florida, so this one is all I know.

All that said, I still like DCA. It's not near as good as the main park, but it's usually less crowded, the food is good, and the atmosphere is much more relaxed.

I'll tell you about my "first impression" of the park, the first time I went back near opening. I thought it was cool because it was new, but remember thinking, that if I paid "full price" to get in to this park, I'd be ed. I can't imagine someone paying for a one-day, full price, non-park hopper ticket to DCA. It's just not enough stuff. Compared to all the things you can do in Disneyland, DCA just doesn't feel big enough.

I really like California Screaming, though I do like most coasters. Very smooth ride, one loop. You might be able to handle it.
I'm not sure what the "Soaring" ride is in Florida, but "Soaring Over California" is really nice. At opening, I thought it was the best ride in the park.

Overall, I like the park, and go there for a few hours a week on our annual passes. It'll be VERY interesting to hear your thoughts as a visitor for the first time when you get back.

As a last note, the tortillas are REALLY good. I know it's funny that people keep mentioning it, but because they're freshly made RIGHT THERE, they're different than the tortillas you get in a store. My neice is only like 16 months old, and she's so cute they usually give her a whole one. She loves them too! Also, my sister went on her birthday, and had a birthday pin on, and they gave her a whole bag! Tortilla heaven! I do love bread and most bread-like things though, so I'm biased.

Nicole220

I enjoy going to DCA a couple times a week. Of course, we usually go with my neice, and she likes the "Bug's Land" area there. Also, I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so some of the stuff there is "new" for me. I haven't been to the Tower of Terror in Florida, so this one is all I know.

All that said, I still like DCA. It's not near as good as the main park, but it's usually less crowded, the food is good, and the atmosphere is much more relaxed.

I'll tell you about my "first impression" of the park, the first time I went back near opening. I thought it was cool because it was new, but remember thinking, that if I paid "full price" to get in to this park, I'd be ed. I can't imagine someone paying for a one-day, full price, non-park hopper ticket to DCA. It's just not enough stuff. Compared to all the things you can do in Disneyland, DCA just doesn't feel big enough.

I really like California Screaming, though I do like most coasters. Very smooth ride, one loop. You might be able to handle it.
I'm not sure what the "Soaring" ride is in Florida, but "Soaring Over California" is really nice. At opening, I thought it was the best ride in the park.

Overall, I like the park, and go there for a few hours a week on our annual passes. It'll be VERY interesting to hear your thoughts as a visitor for the first time when you get back.

As a last note, the tortillas are REALLY good. I know it's funny that people keep mentioning it, but because they're freshly made RIGHT THERE, they're different than the tortillas you get in a store. My neice is only like 16 months old, and she's so cute they usually give her a whole one. She loves them too! Also, my sister went on her birthday, and had a birthday pin on, and they gave her a whole bag! Tortilla heaven! I do love bread and most bread-like things though, so I'm biased.
Have to agree with you on everything that you mentioned.

I went to the DLR yesturday for my birthday, and they gave me corn tortillas! :hurl: I asked if I could switch for flour, but the guy (who could hardly speak english) said no. :brick: Since the birthday pins are now pins and not stickers, I plan on going back a few times with it to get some more packs of flour tortillas. :drevil:

BSikor

I went to DCA for the first time in November and was impressed with some things and not with others. I loved the Monsers Inc ride. the Animation building was pretty cool. TOT was neat to compare from WDW. Cali Screamer was a disapointment. Grizzly Rapids was also a let down.

I grew up in the World and used to work there so Disneyland was like going to Meca! I was all a grin the whole time but DCA just really didn't do it for me. I would definetly go back to Disneyland but I don't think I would waste my time and money for DCA.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Hey all, I'm posting from my 11th floor room at Paradise Pier, overlooking the park. As I'm an Eastcoaster, born and raised at WDW (1st visit in 1973 as a 12 year old), I'm always thrilled when I have the chance to get to the other coast. Spent today at both parks, but actually took in more attractions at DCA. Ate a tortilla today, yum, and had some sourdough bread. I really enjoyed the banter between Rosie and Collin in the bakery tour. Chuckled my way right into the bakery where I enjoyed the Clam Chowder in the bread bowl. Have seen Golden Dreams twice this week, and enjoyed it both times. Rode Muhullond Madness for the first time, fun little ride. Rode Screamin' from the single line (love it, but could do without the "Pepper's". Liked the old "boardwalky" tune better). Also rode Grizzly River today and like it better than Kali. For one thing, it's a far longer ride and there is also the possibility of not getting soaked, unlike Kali where you are guaranteed to be soaked. It was chilly today and didn't want to get real wet and didn't. Rode Monsters Inc too and found it a fun diversion. Block Party Bash wasn't performed today, but will be this weekend and intend on seeing it again. Definately the highest energy parade/show I've ever seen at a Disney park. Kudos to the performers. I think it's the biggest must see of the park. If this parade moves to Florida (as rumored), I hope they can find the energy needed to do it justice. Saw Alladin yesterday and thought it was just above average. The performance by the Genie was the only one I enjoyed. Also did ToT yesterday. The few deviations were fine, but overall was dissappointed. The whole experience lacks the creepy setting of Florida. Right off the street into the lobby. Boiler room was too "cartoony" for me due to the lighting. Also felt it to be too big a room. Love the claustrophic feeling in FLA. Also don't like the exit hallway between the elevator doors and the actual elevator. Spoiled any illussion left at that point.

Overall I give DCA a high six on a scale of 1 to 10. I've probably spent an equal amount of time in both parks since my arrival on Monday afternoon. As I recall my first visits to DL in the late 70's, I miss alot of the small stuff there. Sure I love DL, but not as much as I did back then. Alot of stuff that made DL original has dissappeared so now I'm left comparing attractions that appear on both coasts. And they've got to do something about Tomorrowland. The abandoned PeopleMover/Rocket Rods track and old Rocket Jets platform look like urban decay. Same with the second floor of the Starcade and the backside of Buzz. The whole area is a travesty. Space Mountain was a highlight though. Haven't ridden it since '91 and love the refurb. Would prefer this version "Pepperless" also and in the dark, but the ride itself makes up for it.

I'm actually going to finish here and start another thread on my take on the DLR. See you there.

Nicole220

Hey all, I'm posting from my 11th floor room at Paradise Pier, overlooking the park. As I'm an Eastcoaster, born and raised at WDW (1st visit in 1973 as a 12 year old), I'm always thrilled when I have the chance to get to the other coast. Spent today at both parks, but actually took in more attractions at DCA. Ate a tortilla today, yum, and had some sourdough bread. I really enjoyed the banter between Rosie and Collin in the bakery tour. Chuckled my way right into the bakery where I enjoyed the Clam Chowder in the bread bowl. Have seen Golden Dreams twice this week, and enjoyed it both times. Rode Muhullond Madness for the first time, fun little ride. Rode Screamin' from the single line (love it, but could do without the "Pepper's". Liked the old "boardwalky" tune better). Also rode Grizzly River today and like it better than Kali. For one thing, it's a far longer ride and there is also the possibility of not getting soaked, unlike Kali where you are guaranteed to be soaked. It was chilly today and didn't want to get real wet and didn't. Rode Monsters Inc too and found it a fun diversion. Block Party Bash wasn't performed today, but will be this weekend and intend on seeing it again. Definately the highest energy parade/show I've ever seen at a Disney park. Kudos to the performers. I think it's the biggest must see of the park. If this parade moves to Florida (as rumored), I hope they can find the energy needed to do it justice. Saw Alladin yesterday and thought it was just above average. The performance by the Genie was the only one I enjoyed. Also did ToT yesterday. The few deviations were fine, but overall was dissappointed. The whole experience lacks the creepy setting of Florida. Right off the street into the lobby. Boiler room was too "cartoony" for me due to the lighting. Also felt it to be too big a room. Love the claustrophic feeling in FLA. Also don't like the exit hallway between the elevator doors and the actual elevator. Spoiled any illussion left at that point.

Overall I give DCA a high six on a scale of 1 to 10. I've probably spent an equal amount of time in both parks since my arrival on Monday afternoon. As I recall my first visits to DL in the late 70's, I miss alot of the small stuff there. Sure I love DL, but not as much as I did back then. Alot of stuff that made DL original has dissappeared so now I'm left comparing attractions that appear on both coasts. And they've got to do something about Tomorrowland. The abandoned PeopleMover/Rocket Rods track and old Rocket Jets platform look like urban decay. Same with the second floor of the Starcade and the backside of Buzz. The whole area is a travesty. Space Mountain was a highlight though. Haven't ridden it since '91 and love the refurb. Would prefer this version "Pepperless" also and in the dark, but the ride itself makes up for it.

I'm actually going to finish here and start another thread on my take on the DLR. See you there.
I'm glad you gave DCA a nice chance. :)

I think vacationers to the DLR don't really like the new Rockin' soundtracks, but to an AP, it's a very nice change. That's the reason why they did that. I wish you could've seen Space Mountain in all its new glory, it's truely amazing when untouched!

Nicole220

I went to DCA for the first time in November and was impressed with some things and not with others. I loved the Monsers Inc ride. the Animation building was pretty cool. TOT was neat to compare from WDW. Cali Screamer was a disapointment. Grizzly Rapids was also a let down.

I grew up in the World and used to work there so Disneyland was like going to Meca! I was all a grin the whole time but DCA just really didn't do it for me. I would definetly go back to Disneyland but I don't think I would waste my time and money for DCA.
I'm sorry you didn't like DCA...hopefully you'll be able to make a trip back in a few years to experience it when they "enhance" it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom