Your Most Magical Moment in The World???

Phonedave

We had been to WDW before, but it was my first trip back with my two girls since having been divorced.

Totaly unstaged, I was able to get this picture. It just had this feeling of all was OK with their world.

-dave

back.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
We had been to WDW before, but it was my first trip back with my two girls since having been divorced.

Totaly unstaged, I was able to get this picture. It just had this feeling of all was OK with their world.

-dave

back.jpg

WOW its like they are just frozen in awe of Cinderella Castle! Epic Disney moment that will never be 4gotten!!!

bucahenze

First trip with the family, kids aged 3, 6, and 9. It was our last night and we were in MK waiting for the nightime parade. We got the kids ice cream and balloons and waited for the finale of a tremendous week. The parade came and went, and as the lights came back up, we turned to our son (the six year old) who had tears streaming down his face. This was a little unusual for him, so we naturally ask "What's wrong son?" Through his tears, he barely gets out "I'm so happy." Was it worth the several thousand dollars we spent on the trip? Yea, probably was.

WOW :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

BrerFrog

I am loving this thread! :)

Anyway, I think my most magical moment in the World was when I was still on my training days on The Barnstormer. I was operating the ride and as it usually happens after Wishes the queue was totally empty so I let the guests who were on one of the trains ride the coaster about five times. After their fifth ride it was time to close down for the day so I had to announce to them they would have to leave (in a nice way of course).

There were two girls dressed as princesses on the first row and to my total surprise their mother approached me once they left the train and told me that had just been their last night in the World before going home and that I made it really special by letting them ride so many times without even leaving the train. Then she asked me for a picture with her two daughters. I was totally ashamed and extremely happy at the same time.

It was a great way to notice, right on my first days of work, that Cast Members are extremely special to guests. And I also love the idea that right now I appear in some Disney Family Album, representing a very special night for them.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I am loving this thread! :)

Anyway, I think my most magical moment in the World was when I was still on my training days on The Barnstormer. I was operating the ride and as it usually happens after Wishes the queue was totally empty so I let the guests who were on one of the trains ride the coaster about five times. After their fifth ride it was time to close down for the day so I had to announce to them they would have to leave (in a nice way of course).

There were two girls dressed as princesses on the first row and to my total surprise their mother approached me once they left the train and told me that had just been their last night in the World before going home and that I made it really special by letting them ride so many times without even leaving the train. Then she asked me for a picture with her two daughters. I was totally ashamed and extremely happy at the same time.

It was a great way to notice, right on my first days of work, that Cast Members are extremely special to guests. And I also love the idea that right now I appear in some Disney Family Album, representing a very special night for them.

Wow must be what its all about :sohappy:

jeffk410

Crush- Thank you a ton. You brought out a lot that the site has recently been lacking. The lack of magic. It seems everything is negative. I am very thankful that you made this thread. Well Done. I tried to do this in like may and it failed. Good to see you succeeded.

BrerFrog

OK, the bus getting rear ended one was supposed to be funny, nobody got hurt but here's my real one :).

My most magical moment was years ago, I must have been about 8 or 9 but it was in the land where they were preparing all the desserts behind the glass. I must have been watching this guy work for about 20 minutes when he came out and gave me a bunch of rice crispy treats. My parents were amazed too.

Note to self: Next time you go to Disney stare at anyone who is preparing delicious treats for about 20 minutes. :ROFLOL:

Crush- Thank you a ton. You brought out a lot that the site has recently been lacking. The lack of magic. It seems everything is negative. I am very thankful that you made this thread. Well Done. I tried to do this in like may and it failed. Good to see you succeeded.

Yeah, nice job Crush.

LoriMistress

I grew up in Orlando, so I've been to Disney hundreds of times from the early 70's up until I graduated high school in 1990. I went with my sister(sweetpee_1993) with her family's first trip in 2004 and again Jan of this year. Have had many wonderful moments and memories through the years, but the greatest memory my sister went with me in May to take my 2 daughters(10 &12) on their first trip to the world. We checked in at the Poly, and hung around the resort for awhile before we headed to the Magic Kingdom for our dinner ressies at CRT. It was raining when we walked in the gate, so we were all just trying to stay dry not really soaking in the ambiance of town square. Then the magic hit, both my daughters stopped dead in their tracks and started crying as they gazed upon Cinderella's castle for the first time. My sister and I looked at each other as tears filled our eyes and we smiled, greatest moment ever.:)

That's a great memory! Sweetpee_1993 is a very cool chick!

SirGoofy

First trip with the family, kids aged 3, 6, and 9. It was our last night and we were in MK waiting for the nightime parade. We got the kids ice cream and balloons and waited for the finale of a tremendous week. The parade came and went, and as the lights came back up, we turned to our son (the six year old) who had tears streaming down his face. This was a little unusual for him, so we naturally ask "What's wrong son?" Through his tears, he barely gets out "I'm so happy." Was it worth the several thousand dollars we spent on the trip? Yea, probably was.

That is the greatest story I've ever read. I wish I was there to see it, no lie.

That's what makes being a CM special. Those moments.

Tar Heel

Mine is definitely September 6th, 2008. That was the day I got married at WDW. It was something that my wife and I had wanted to do after the first trip we took together in 2006. It made a place that was very special to each of us growing up even more special for our family now.

Chrononymous

Mine happened 3 years ago today.

My mom and I were having breakfast at the Polynesian, to celebrate my Dad's birthday.

He would have been there too...but he had died from Cancer 6 months earlier on Father's Day.

We had his picture at the table and told the CM waitress what we were celebrating.

After we had breakfast, the CM brings out a big chocolate cake and makes the announcement to everyone in our section that we were there to celebrate a special birthday!
It was so kind and so magical, and so unforgettable. We shared the cake with everyone around us, and told them all a little bit about my Dad, and how he wanted to be there.
And in a way, he was.

It's his birthday today, and I still tear up thinking about this most magical memory.

Phonedave

WOW its like they are just frozen in awe of Cinderella Castle! Epic Disney moment that will never be 4gotten!!!

I think what makes it is that all around them people are in the process of walking, and none of them are looking at the castle. Meanwhile the are the only static people in the photo, and have a clear sight line to the castle.

-dave

hack2112

These may not be tear-jerking moments, but they're special to me all the same.

1) Main Street U.S.A. dance-off, SW Weekends 2007. Me and to of my friends were bored and tired (it was getting late), and I had made a fool of myself dancing for no reason outside the Ice cream shop, so we decided to do a rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody (to applause, no doubt), when out of the blue, a group of teenage girls ask us if we wanted to have a dance off. That was some major win right there, and I think everyone had some great laughs that night.

2) I had just gotten off HM with a friend, and we were going to try to hit BTMR as the last ride of the night (the park closed at 12 and it was 11:57). I go ahead to start running, but he holds me back (he's a Guest Relations CM) and so I "VIP Tour Guide speed walked" with him, when he looks at his watch and notices it's now 12. So, abandoning all our restraints, we start bolting to Thunder, when out of one of the shops, a woman comes out with bagged cotton candy, and wanted to give us some. So, we swooped to her, took the cotton candy, thanked her, and managed to be the last people let in to BTMR that night.

3) Being remembered by a JC CM a few months after one visit as "that guy who always sits up front with the skipper." You can't beat CM-Guest interaction like that.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster

Ypu are very welcome :wave:

Just thought of it last week as i had gotten sick of hearing all the complaining about wdw when it is just an amazing place and thought that this thread might let people reflect on their best times in the world!!

Loving every1s responses so far :sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Mine happened 3 years ago today.

My mom and I were having breakfast at the Polynesian, to celebrate my Dad's birthday.

He would have been there too...but he had died from Cancer 6 months earlier on Father's Day.

We had his picture at the table and told the CM waitress what we were celebrating.

After we had breakfast, the CM brings out a big chocolate cake and makes the announcement to everyone in our section that we were there to celebrate a special birthday!
It was so kind and so magical, and so unforgettable. We shared the cake with everyone around us, and told them all a little bit about my Dad, and how he wanted to be there.
And in a way, he was.

It's his birthday today, and I still tear up thinking about this most magical memory.

Aww wow!!! :sohappy:
This is another 1 of those things that seperates disney from anywhere else, moments like this cannot be duplicated!

wdwwdeagle

I think what makes it is that all around them people are in the process of walking, and none of them are looking at the castle. Meanwhile the are the only static people in the photo, and have a clear sight line to the castle.

-dave

A very sweet photo.
I also must comment on your keen ability to produce a decent looking ponytail. My DH wouldn't have a clue how to create a nice neat ponytail, and here you've done it with both your girls. Impressive!

wdwwdeagle

Not a tearjerker, just a magical memory....

On our 2008 trip, we headed over on the launch from Poly for our first day at MK that trip, just in time to arrive for rope drop. We got off the boat to realize we had left our KTTK cards/tickets in the room. Ugh! So, back on the boat, get tix, back on the boat again, and finally into MK about 1 hour past opening.

Walking down Main Street, my kids spot two CMs with pin lanyards, and they want to see what pins they have, so we head over. Strike up a conversation, and that's when CM Dean says, "when we're finished here, we'd like to ask you a very special question!" OOOOH! I know it's gonna be a good one, too! So we huddle up, literally a huddle, all 6 of us with our heads together on Main St. and he says, "How would you like to be the happiest family in the park today?" "We already are!" my DH says. Dean says, "We'd like for you to be the grand marshals of our parade today!" Us: "hooray, OMG, that's awesome," etc.

So we meet them at the designated time and spot, head backstage, get settled into Daisy Duck's surrey, and hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, please join us in welcoming the ________ Family, from City, State as our Grand Marshals for today's parade...."

The best part was watching all the people taking our photos and videotaping us. It was cool to be a celebrity for a day. Very magical. And now we're in somebody's memory album.

Back to the beginning.... Dean told us that they had actually chosen another family at the beginning of the morning, but it turned out that family had to catch a flight home before the parade time, so they had to come back out and look for another family. So, fate had come to our rescue... if we hadn't forgotten our tickets, we never would have been at the right place at the right time and been chosen!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom