Your "Happy Place" & your regular eating place

look1angel

Original Poster
We all have at least a few places throughout Disney that brings us to our childlike happy place. You know that warm & fuzzy feeling you get when you enter an attraction. May it reminds you of your first trip to Disney. I know Carousal of Progress is one for me, I guess it's the "good ole days" feeling I get. And we seem to always end up at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. Our two all time favorite place to eat. So what's yours?

magicmaya

My version of my disney happy place(this will never happen) is riding space mountain with the Mad Hatter.I have an obsession with both!:lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

My Happy Place is getting a Box of Popcorn & a Coke and then go under the old skyway where it still feels like 1986 to me and sit there in the shade.

My happy food place would be Backlot Express at DHS There's a great area I like to sit and get a good view of the Indy Stunt show and can eat lunch.

kitten2299

COP is my happy place because I know that my parents saw it on their 1st date at the Worlds Fair in 1965 I just think that is really neat. Its one of those stories my mom loves to tell and she is soo cute about it she even remembers what they were wearing. For place to eat I don't really have one since I try to eat at different places but Marrakesh will always have a special place in my heart with the memories of the bellydancer picking DD to be the 1st to dance with her.

Great Thread keep the stories coming!!!!!

krankenstein

I have two happy places. The first one is sitting on TTA and enjoying the scenery with a cold coke. My second favorite spot is sitting outside of the Electric Umbrella enjoying The Fountain of Nations.

My happy spot to eat is at Flame Tree BBQ in the sitting area by the water. I love the awesome view of EE you get down there.

SeaBreeze

I have a few happy places but a big one is when I first get on Splash Mountain. I love the ride yes, but it brings back memories of when it first opened and I was a terrified child on it refusing to open my eyes. Naturally I loved it and begged my family to go right back on it so I could see the inside :lol: My other happy place is Dinosaur because I had wonderful experiences involving it when I was a CM.

My happy spot to eat is the Rose and Crown dining room. The first time I ate there was on my birthday one year and I got a lovely dessert compliments of WDW, the chef came out to make sure I liked it and the entire staff signed a birthday card for me :)

toystoryma

my happy place is in the hub at MK at night for the light parades... I remember sitting on my dads shoulders when I was five yrs old watching the electric light parade, and I love sitting in the same area with one of my kids on my hip watching Spectro together...

Fav reg restaurant place is Chef Mickeys watching my kids "celebrate and wave those green napkins all over is just priceless :)

DisneyPrincess5

So many to name! :sohappy:
Ok, I think the place/thing that gives me the Disney butterflies is riding the monorail! I love the narration on it and of course viewing the scenery on your way to MK, the resorts, and Epcot!

As for a regular restaurant, we always end up at San Angel Inn. Love the place!

SirNim

Happy Place:

The exit labyrinth/shops at the end of Splash Mountain. Don't get me wrong, I love the queue, and I love the actual attraction, but there's something enchanting about the end of the ride...especially at dusk or a little after dusk... When you can feel the temperature slowly lowering, and you're feeling the chill even more because you got splashed on Splash Mountain moments ago...and you see your photograph, and you may as well be in a rustic, cozy cabin surrounded by wilderness. And you see Br'er Rabbit plushes lining the walls, and t-shirts... and a porch with signs showing where the restrooms are... and a wonderful pine-filled valley filled with song... and you know the fireworks are coming on in just an hour or two...

I love the Splash Mountain exit. :)

Oh yeah-- and Earl of Sandwich too.

And I used to love the FountainView Cafe... back when it was a breakfast nook. :(

toystory 3

Watching Wishes with my fiance while eating hand dipped Ice Cream unders the stars on MS.

:D:D:D

But soon to be the Yacht Club Pavilion on August 4th where we are getting married!!

Jeff456

Happy place is probably the monorail coming out of the Terminal at Orlando, after you have come off a 9 hour flight thats the point where it really sinks in that I am going to be in the world very soon.
Not sure about my favourite place to eat but I really like Planet hollywood and rainforest cafe, not for the food but just for the atmosphere!

scorp111

Good thread :)

My happy place would be the in the hub watching Wishes. My first trip was when my daughter was 14 months old, so I started holding her in my lap during wishes, and then we would watch a video of it on the computer together and sing together. She is now almost 6, and Wishes is still important to us both!

Favorite place to eat?
I think we have eaten at CP every trip that we were there for at least a week, so I can go with that. We have so many though!

Susan Savia

Turning that corner into the Epcot parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth looming. Then, riding it. Always our first ride, always our last. :)

eddiemcgarrigle

Happy places you say? Well, for the missus it has to be passing under the railroad station onto Main Street and seeing Cinderalla Castle in the distance. It's what we always do on the first day of our holiday, she loves it.

My happy place is very similar. Picture yourself in DHS and turning onto Sunset Boulevard and there in front of you, piercing the sky is the best attraction in all of WDW (for me anyway), the Tower Of Terror.

When it comes to eating, we always seem to end up in the Crystal Palace. The food is great and my son loves to charge around the parade with Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet. Personally, I love Beaches And Cream but I prefer to see my family happy. I'll be doing WDW properly next time (May 2010) and taking advantage of the DDP and ADR's and I'm really looking forward to Le Cellier, Boma and O'Hana. Our favourite eating place is subject to change.

Edisto Pluto

Sitting on the front porch at the BC in the early morning waiting for my family to come down. I just like to sit by myself ,drink coffee,read the paper, enjoy the sounds of the day getting started.

RiversideBunny

Whenever I picture myself at WDW, I'm in the Liberty Square area looking at the Haunted Mansion entrance, the Liberty Bell, the shops around the Liberty Bell, Columbia Harbor House, and the loading area for the Liberty Square Riverboat ride, and getting ready to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Usually in the evening just as the lights are beginning to come on.

:):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom