Your Favorite Disney Restuarant

mrtoad

v_misses_epcot said:
They're 11 dollar burgers are orgasmic. X_x Can I say orgasmic in these forums?

It is a highly underused word here, it should probably be used more often. :animwink:

Slipknot

After reading all these posts.. I'm hungry and I want to try all these places!!! And now, to make money for all these places.

disgolfer

I am all about the California Grill. The BBQ filet mignon is unbelievable. A close second is Chefs de France, if you like French food.

O'Malley

Have to throw in a vote for Tony's Town Square in MK! The best Italian food on the property in my opinion! Love the spaghetti and meatballs, great bread, fantastic thin crust pizza (and that's from a cat like me, from Chicago, pizza capital!). I don't believe they have Tony's style of pizza anywhere else on the property.

We used to love Bonfamille's in the old Dixie Landings, but it's been closed for a few years now. They had a great French Onion Soup (which we also found at the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary), but Bonfamille's also had a GREAT breakfast buffet. It was always packed. I miss that place. :(

The San Angel Inn also gets a big thumbs up for Mexican food, and the Cantina just outside the Mexico pavillion has great food, and a fantastic view of the lagoon. Pecos Bill's is also at the top of our list. :sohappy:

The only bad meal we ever had were stale buns and undercooked hot dogs at the old Odyssey Restaurant in Epcot several years ago. :hurl:

OliveMcFly

50's Prime Time Cafe. I love the home cooked food and the servers are a great show. I also really enjoy the Sci Fi Drive In. We have 2 drive in theaters in our area but there's something about the old movies and the old cars. I like to watch "The Cat Who Hated People".:lol:

longfamily

Original Poster
Another really fun place to eat is Biergarten. It was kind of uncomfortable the first time we went b/c they seat you at long tables with other groups. Personal space was an issue. But after that first time, it was really fun! It kind of felt like a big outdoor (although it is not) drunk fest. Pints of beer and Oi, Oi, Oi

longfamily said:
Another really fun place to eat is Biergarten. It was kind of uncomfortable the first time we went b/c they seat you at long tables with other groups. Personal space was an issue. But after that first time, it was really fun! It kind of felt like a big outdoor (although it is not) drunk fest. Pints of beer and Oi, Oi, Oi
So that's what that resturaunt was. I thought it was just german comedy acts. I saw two men on stage playing thier instruments and really loud noise and lots of beer. I always wanted to try that but never did get the chance to.

AEfx

For Full-Service meals, I like Brown Derby and Le Cellier the most. Especially Brown Derby - I try to get there at least twice per trip, sometimes even more if I'm solo (it's easier to decide to spend $30pp when there is only one person :).

For counter service, I really like Pecos Bills at the MK and the Electric Umbrella at Epcot. I'm not a fan in particular of anything at AK, though I've tried the few that are there.

At the studios I usually just try to get into Sci-Fi if I'm not going to Brown Derby; even though I have a hard time recomending this place to others, if I just want a burger it's not much more than counter service and you get to eat in great atmosphere.

I'm not a big fan of most of the eateries in World Showcase - I'm just not that adventurous. And for the most part, the stuff I like (Chineese, Japanese, Mexican) is better - and much cheaper - at home. Next trip (61 days!) I plan on trying Tusker House, just because I hear so darn much about it.

AEfx

tigsmom

AEfx said:
I'm not a big fan of most of the eateries in World Showcase - I'm just not that adventurous. And for the most part, the stuff I like (Chineese, Japanese, Mexican) is better - and much cheaper - at home. Next trip (61 days!) I plan on trying Tusker House, just because I hear so darn much about it.

AEfx

Try Marrakesh in Morocco. It may sound exotic, but the flavors are very familiar to all (and who cans resist the bellydancer?). We first tried this restaurant 2 trips ago at lunch (they have great specials) and it has become one of our favorites. Tusker House has also become a favorite...who would believe that a counter service restaurant would have great grilled salmon? The chicken... :slurp: , definately give it a try.

:wave:

Debbie

Pumbas Nakasak said:
If it was modern Britain it would be curry and kebab rather than fish n chips.

Please, please tell me what curry is, and what it is used on. I'll PM you if you would like to know why :animwink:

Fish is one thing I don't eat away from home. I have a freezer full! I don't eat alot of seafood outside of New Orleans as it doesn't have the same taste; outside of N.O., it taste like it's just battered in plain flour.

As for a restaurant in WDW, I used to always eat at Alfredo's when I HAD money. I have kids now ====now I haven't any money :cry:

tigsmom

Debbie said:

Fish is one thing I don't eat away from home. I have a freezer full! I don't eat alot of seafood outside of New Orleans as it doesn't have the same taste; outside of N.O., it taste like it's just battered in plain flour.

As for a restaurant in WDW, I used to always eat at Alfredo's when I HAD money. I have kids now ====now I haven't any money :cry:

I always eat fish when I go out because my kids will only eat fried shrimp & Mrs Paul's fish . *sigh* No matter how many times I fix it (or how many different ways) they just won't eat it. I love fish and enjoy trying all the different wasy it can be cooked.

As for the $$, I hear you there. We only have one big meal a day in WDW, but even snacks can run into $$ for a family of 4. :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Debbie

Please, please tell me what curry is, and what it is used on. I'll PM you if you would like to know why

Debbie, tough to put into writing. Curry is a spice used most often in Indian and Southeast Asian cooking. There are various versions, red, green yellow with different distinctions and different amounts of heat.

The curry flavor and smell are, well, distinct and unique. The smell is to my nose kind of along the lines of cinnamon or nutmeg, but much stronger. The flavor is also very strong, often overpowering, and at very least competing with other flavors...maybe like a strong garlic dish.

With all that said, it is a really interesting and often enjoyable flavor. People usually love or hate it, so if you can sample some curry seasoned foods before having to order a full entree, it may be best. If you enjoy a wide variety of foods and different presentations and spices, you will probably like this.

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Tough Call!!

Personally my two favorite places to eat are Le Celler Steakhouse in Canada and Alfredo's in Italy. My recommendations:
Italy:
Fet. Alfredo (The best you will ever have, I'm having a craving right now!!:slurp: )

Canada:
Either the Filet Migon or the New York Strip Steak

Both restraunts are on the expensive side but each is well worth the spruge.
My Advice: Go to Le Celler for lunch, the menu price are lower and it is much easier to get a table quickly with Priority Seating!!

Only 220 d 12 hours 23 minutes and 24seconds until my next adventure in WDW
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Only 49 days until Christmas:xmas:

dclfan

favorite Walt Disney World Retsaurant

Although I love every Walt Disney World Restaurant. My 2 favorites that i can not go to Disney World without are Crystal Palace for breakfast and San Angel Inn for dinner.

Debbie

ClemsonTigger said:
Debbie, tough to put into writing. Curry is a spice used most often in Indian and Southeast Asian cooking. There are various versions, red, green yellow with different distinctions and different amounts of heat.

The curry flavor and smell are, well, distinct and unique. The smell is to my nose kind of along the lines of cinnamon or nutmeg, but much stronger. The flavor is also very strong, often overpowering, and at very least competing with other flavors...maybe like a strong garlic dish.

With all that said, it is a really interesting and often enjoyable flavor. People usually love or hate it, so if you can sample some curry seasoned foods before having to order a full entree, it may be best. If you enjoy a wide variety of foods and different presentations and spices, you will probably like this.

I wasn't looking to eat it; I was trying to figure how to clean it and get rid if the odor! There are quite a few tenents who move out of the apartments that I clean and most who cook with curry don't EVER clean their kitchens (bathtubs either). Curry is such a distinctive smell; I was wondering what it is used with when cooking. Breakfast? Eggs and Curry? It is very hard to rid an apartment of it's odor; usually the company has to pay to have the place thermofogged to make it habitable for the next person.
Thank you so much for the info. Maybe I can try it when I figure out what it would be best cooked in. :wave: but then it would never be better than Tony Chacere's.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Good Luck

Deb,
You really made me laugh. Of all the good bad and ugly about curry, I just never thought of having to DEcurry an apartment. :lol: :dazzle: :dazzle:

For some groups that use it, yes, it can be three meals a day. Outside of the apartment the other challenge of curry is that when you eat a lot, you can smell it on the person...that's tough to get used to as well :(

maxime29

Premium Member
My dad loves the Biergarten (He's of German descent). My mom loves Cinderella's Royal Table....I just love them all. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom