Your Favorite Disney Restuarant

tigsmom

Debbie said:
I wasn't looking to eat it; I was trying to figure how to clean it and get rid if the odor! There are quite a few tenents who move out of the apartments that I clean and most who cook with curry don't EVER clean their kitchens (bathtubs either). Curry is such a distinctive smell; I was wondering what it is used with when cooking. Breakfast? Eggs and Curry? It is very hard to rid an apartment of it's odor; usually the company has to pay to have the place thermofogged to make it habitable for the next person.
Thank you so much for the info. Maybe I can try it when I figure out what it would be best cooked in. :wave: but then it would never be better than Tony Chacere's.

I have a friend who moved into a condo & couldn't get rid of the curry smell. They had to re sheetrock the entire place.
Its very pungent.

Debbie

ClemsonTigger said:
Deb,
You really made me laugh. Of all the good bad and ugly about curry, I just never thought of having to DEcurry an apartment. :lol: :dazzle: :dazzle:

For some groups that use it, yes, it can be three meals a day. Outside of the apartment the other challenge of curry is that when you eat a lot, you can smell it on the person...that's tough to get used to as well :(

:lol: I can laugh with you now, but I tell ya; I'll be crying next time I walk into an apartment that's reaking of curry!
I guess a person who smells like curry is no different than a person around here who eats a few cloves of garlic from a crawfish boil. As soon as they start to sweat..... :hurl:

Debbie

tigsmom said:
I have a friend who moved into a condo & couldn't get rid of the curry smell. They had to re sheetrock the entire place.
Its very pungent.

WOW! And the prior residents probably were immune to their smell. It just seems that the curry people are so particular about the cleanliness of the apartment when they move in, yet they NEVER clean the entire time they occupy the apartment. My theory is that they move out whenever it gets too funky, and move to another to funk up.
Yesterday,Mary and I cleaned a curry and mothball apartment :hurl:
I'd like to grab the person who lived in it and show them what Comet is. You know it's bad when you have to clean the sink before you can do anything else. :(

AEfx said:
I'm not a big fan of most of the eateries in World Showcase - I'm just not that adventurous. And for the most part, the stuff I like (Chineese, Japanese, Mexican) is better - and much cheaper - at home. Next trip (61 days!) I plan on trying Tusker House, just because I hear so darn much about it.

AEfx
I should know how cheap food is where I live. I live next to the border =) In brownsville, texas. Goodness, I was shocked when the mexican pavillion was charging me 10 dollars for 4 tacos and some rice. Over here, all you have to do is cross the border or hell, even in brownsville we have pretty awesome mexican food. For 5 bucks you can get a dozen tacos, rice, beans and a drink. Chinese food buffets are 7.50 and well yeah, you get the point.

And you know those little animals that they're carving inside the mexican temple? Those same animals that cost 20 - 100 dollars cost 3 to 30 dollars here. AND PANCHOS DON'T COST 50 DOLLARS >_> GOODNESS... :brick:

Anyhow, then again, this is disney world. Home of the 3 dollar churros. When they cost 1 dollar here.

GoofyFan1

Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge and Crystal Palace for Breakfast, my kids love having Piglet and Eeyore at their table.

This trip we also have PS for Liberty Tree. I can't wait for that. We've had a hard time getting in their on our past trips.

tigsmom

GoofyFan1 said:
Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge and Crystal Palace for Breakfast, my kids love having Piglet and Eeyore at their table.

This trip we also have PS for Liberty Tree. I can't wait for that. We've had a hard time getting in their on our past trips.

We made our first trip to the Liberty Tree Tavern in July...it was busy and we had no PS...just went on a whim. We had a great time, the food was delicious (and plentiful) and it was nice to see the characters in different costumes.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I made the flank steak at home because we enjoyed it so much.

(and the Whispering Canyon's skillet breakfast... :slurp: )

Been_There

tigsmom said:
We made our first trip to the Liberty Tree Tavern in July...it was busy and we had no PS...just went on a whim. We had a great time, the food was delicious (and plentiful) and it was nice to see the characters in different costumes.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I made the flank steak at home because we enjoyed it so much.

(and the Whispering Canyon's skillet breakfast... :slurp: )
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, I really enjoyed the Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch. I haven't been able to go for dinner though, how is it?

And of course Le Cellier. I think not only is the food fantastic but the ambience. I really enjoy stepping into a restaurant and completely forgetting that I am actually in Florida!

But alas, it is mostly food courts for me:sohappy: . Bon Appetit!

Davie

We just came back from Disney and really enjoyed Prime Time Cafe. The pot roast and chicken pot pie were amazing. Plus the strawberry swirl and dole whip in MK.

Jacks Sally

I love 'OHana at the Polynesian resort
We have to eat there every time we go
and last time we ate there twice :)

But in the Parks we seem to always eat at Cosmic Rays
in the magic Kingdom so I guess it's are fav

diddy_mouse

i'd have to go with Big River Brewery @ the Boardwalk and i'm going to California Grill in October so that will probably top the list :) (very much looking foward to it :slurp: )

Indy95

I'd have to say that the Fetuccini (sp?) at Alferdo's is one of the best meals ever. I'll also go with breakfast at Chef Mickey's and fried chicken at the Prime Time Diner.

For the best fast food, the fish 'n chicken at Columbia Harbor House is great, along with almost anything in the (soon to be downsized) Sunshine Food Fair. Best burgers go to Beaches 'n Cream at the Yacht + Beach Club.

And to top it all off for dessert, get the KITCHEN SINK at Beaches 'n Cream!
Joe knows what I'm talking about.
:sohappy:

dclfan

I love San Angel Inn never visited without a dinner there. I love Mexican food and its a nice scenery change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom