Your Biggest Disney Regret!

wilkeliza

My biggest regret is not in WDW. I didn't go to WDW until I was 21 but that was because my family couldn't afford it. As much as I wish I could have gone before I don't see it as a regret.

The one true regret I had was in DL. I went when I was 16 (shortly after my mother the biggest Disney fan I know died) and I just did what the group wanted to. I was with my JROTC group and most of the people in that group got to travel with their family because they had money. I never got to go anywhere as a kid so I was scared to suggest anything. I realize now at 23 and as I research going to back to DL for my boyfriend's 25th that I missed so much. I had no clue that there was a Panochio ride or a Alice in Wonderland ride. I was there during the 50th anniversary prep time that almost everything was down for refurbishment. Space Mountain was down so I never got to experience that.

bethram

My family and I went last year for the Princess Half Marathon, it was the first time I had been in 25+ years and my kids hadn't ever been so it was like going for the first time. MK was our last day and just the day before we had been to DTD and my DD fell in love with Bippity Boppity Botique and really wanted to do it but we didn't have reservations. We were able to get reservations for the next day at DTD but we missed out on over 4 hours at MK to do it. I'm glad my DD had the experience at BBB, but I regret not getting more time in MK - the kids didn't get to ride some of the classics like It's a Small World on their first trip to the World.

We're going back in June and plan to spend 2 to 3 days just in the MK to make up for it :)

Tigger#1

I guess my biggest regret is not taking more pictures on my first two visits.
1984 when EPCOT was new
1987 on my honeymoon
I guess the reason was the price of film and processing thank goodness for digital cameras I usually take about 1000 pictures when we go now.

CaptainJackNO

When my wife and I were first married, she wanted to collect a series of figurines of the Disney characters as babies. Well, we bought every single one except Daisy Duck. Well, we never found it or saw it again. Now that we have kids, we have all but Daisy. Probably not a big deal to most, but I wish we had bought Daisy when we saw her to have the complete set.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I've got two that I'm going with:

1) not buying DVC on my 1994 trip. Almost did it. Had the checkbook ready, then convinced myself to wait until I got home and look at financial planning more carefully. It wasn't until 14 years later that we finally committed.

2) not visiting and advertising the Catwalk Bar more. This little watering hole in DHS was one of my favorite places at Disney in the 90s. Very quiet, which I loved. Sadly, too quiet and eventually closed. When we were taking DD to Playhouse Disney Live a few years ago, I was peering up above and trying to sneak around to the stairs to find any remnants of my former love. (the addendum to this could be not visiting Adventurer's Club more, but that's just too easy).

danstadnik

Not riding Everest before 2009 because my oldest daughter wasn't tall enough, and my wife doesn't do thrill rides... My wife offered a few times to hang with our daughter in Dinoland while I rode, but I always turned her down! So, I never got to see anything except Disco Yeti...

alissafalco

I regret not saving the co-pilot card I got from riding in the front of the monorail in 2006. Since they stopped that I will never get the chance to do it again and I don't have a momento from it either.

SAV

Add me to the list of not buying into DVC in the mid 90's. Would have had the cash to do it, but didn't really know about it or have the want to do it back then. OOPS!

Jason21783

On one of my very first trips in 96, my aunt took me to Horizons because it was her favorite ride. I was 13 and I told her I was kind of bored by it afterward, which I think broke her heart a little. Shortly after it closed, and since then, I've watched countless videos and realized how awesome it really was. I wish I could have appreciated it more back then. Also, I should call my aunt and tell her she was right.

Sarabi124

I can't say that I wish I wouldv'e gone earlier because 1. I'm only 18 now and 2. My first trip was when i was 9.

My biggest regret would be not getting this picture from Photopass on Dinosaur in 2007. my family was the only people on the ride and my sister and i were screaming our heads off while my mom was trying to "protect" us and my dad is just sitting there staring at the dino with a stoic face. i twas such a funny picture, but we did't get it because we weren't sure how photopass worked. The pic was priceless though :):lol:

Contrast

I wish I'd gone on Summit Plummett in Blizzard Beach. Me and a friend got to the top and chickened out at the last minute! We had to do the walk of the shame back down the stairs, was very embarassing. But I'm going back to WDW this Summer so plan on facing my fear and going on it. I also regret not taking more photos whilst there. I have hardly any of my time in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

melmood2000

I regret not taking more pictures of my daughter in Toontown during our 2010 visit.

I also regret not taking more pictures with rare characters during Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party. :shrug:

Scooter

My regret is something I do over and over. My wife and I go to WDW twice a year, and it seems like this happens a lot. I see something in a gift shop and say to myself...." I'll buy this on my NEXT trip." Then, it never fails, when I go back next trip, the Item is no longer available. EXAMPLE: one spring I bought the Beaker muppet character at the Muppets gift shop. I figured on the next trip I will buy the Dr Bunsen Honeydew muppet character. Guess what? On the next trip he was no longer available. Grrrrrrrrr!

I need to impulse buy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom