Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Not Old Enough

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Yes but not legally

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Rumours are circulating that the fabulous institution that is the Scottish Parliament is going to ban smoking in public. Yes thats right, if these rumours are true you will only be allowed to smoke in private premises. Being that Scotland has a serious drink and drug problem already Im glad to see our elected representatives are really dealing with the issues that matter.

No dont smoke never have, but would hate to think what 20+ years of exposure to photographic chemicals have done to my lungs.

wsapooh

Originally posted by Bagheera
Congrats! Way to go!!! Woo hoo!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks for the support, Bagheera. Every person standing behind me and sending good thoughts my way helps more than I can explain. I couldn't do it without the support of my friends!

FutureCEO

Originally posted by The_CEO
They are passing laws here to make all restaurants NON-Smoking.

Plus I sit in NON-Smoking.

If I do Second Hand, its walking into a store or some sort.

Yeah, I know there passing laws but it won't work unless they ban it from public places like bowling alleys and stuff.

And.....your non-smoking section of a restaurant cracks me up......a restaurant is divded between smokers and non-smokers but the smoke still circulates in the air and seeing how their are walls in the restaurant, the smoke go right to you, in the non-smoking section that is

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
DMC-12 - I'm sure if you ponder upon it, you probably remember me... :lol: Anyway, I personally carry Marlboro ultralights on me at all times - maybe I'll meet ya at the Disney "smoke-pit" sometime!

:animwink: :D

Yes... I am well aware of who you are Diva... just trying to be nice and sayin Hi :) :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by crescent_moon
By the way I was wondering if anyone's parents smokes/use to smoke?

Mine did... and still do.... that is kinda how I got started... but I had severe breathing promblems in my teen years.... then it got all better and now I smoke :( :lol:

Pippa

I have never smoked and never will as my grandfather and great-grandfather died of lung cancer due to the evil weed, my dad doesn't, my mum did but gave up when she heard her dad had cancer. She just stubbed the one she was smoking at the time and that was that! If only it was that easy for everyone. My fiance has been smoke free for 6 months now and he smells so much nicer:D

darthdarrel

Originally posted by crescent_moon
I'm a smoker. Gimme a pack of Marlboro Menthol Lights in a box, thank you :D

By the way I was wondering if anyone's parents smokes/use to smoke?
Well my mom has NEVER smoked and my dad used to smoke, but a couple of months after my oldest brother Michael was born He almost Burnt Michael with a cigarrette that was in his mouth and after that he never smoked again,he quit cold turkey after that incident.:)

Wckd Queen

Both of my parents smoked from when they were teens. They both quit after my mother had a heart attack at the age of 56. Thats what it had to take for them to quit :(

Bagheera

My grandmother died from emphysema. My best friend's mother is near death (days, at most) from lung cancer that spread to her spine, liver, lymph nodes, etc. She was diagnosed about a month ago and was given 3-8 months at that point. She won't even make 1.5 months.

aim

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
Both of my parents smoked from when they were teens. They both quit after my mother had a heart attack at the age of 56. Thats what it had to take for them to quit :(

My grandmother had a stroke. I'm not sure how old she was though. But she smoked, so did one of my aunts. They both quit after the stroke.

RickEff

What burns me (other than cigarettes <g>) are the statistics that get thrown out.

Sure, smoking certainly increases your risk of heart attack, stroke and some cancers. No doubt about it. But many non-smokers die from heart attacks, strokes and cancers. Nothing says that if a smoker dies from a heart attack s/he wouldn't have if s/he didn't smoke!

It's getting so that if you're smoking a cigarette and you get hit by a bus it'll be considered a smoking related death.:lol:

Erika

Tally for my family

Lung cancer
Lung cancer
Lung cancer
Lung cancer
Heart attack

A stroke which made my formerly strong grandpa a half-vegetable for a decade

and some lung-related emergency that ALMOST killed my grandmother, but luckily she is still here today :)

:lol: The generation above mine finally learned that smoking does baaaaaaaaaaaaad things in our family! Other people can do it for 60 years and be fine. Not us! :eek:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
does this annoy yall at all, when u see someone at disney smoking in a non-designated area of dw
yes it annoys me, but what even irks me more is when your at a concert and they have no smoking signs all around and you get people that don`t listen and light up, I went to a "Heart" concert last month and not only were there people that smoked, but someone was smoking POT! :eek:

darthdarrel

Well that`s a tough one cause I have no problem with having a glass of wine with your dinner at epcot,being that most Europeans only drink wine with their meals, so it`s giving you a taste of what those European countries are like.However It really irks me when I see drunk people at any of the Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom