Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Yes but not legally

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DMC-12
You forgot to put a "Like a chimney" in your poll... :lol:
That would be me :) ;)
PFFF! Would you mind keeping your smoke on your side of the room Jer? My eyes are burning! *fans smoke towards Jer! :lol:

FutureCEO

Originally posted by MicBat
No offense to anyone here that smokes, but smoking has always been sort of a turnoff for me. I never even tried it in adolescence.

Smoking is so disgusting thats why places like Boston has a no smoking policy. Bars are worse and bowling alleys.. I hate it when I smell like smoke. I might smoke and then sue Phillip MOrris for my problems. :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hello all - My name is Diva, and I do smoke!

:wave:

Welcome Divia! :wave: :sohappy: Whats your poision? I will take a pack of Marlboro Lights 100's in a box!

Rob... yeah we have that law here to... I was busted when I was like 16... I was driving and smoking (I might of been speeding... cant remember) A cop told me to take everything out of my pockets after I got pulled over or something... and he took my smokes... but gave me a warning and not the ticket *phew*

Wckd Queen

Up here in Westchester County, NY, we have had a law on the books for a while where you couldnt smoke in public buildings or restaurants (only in a separate bar area). Didnt always help, as some bars are in the middle of restaurants and some had very poor ventilation. But now, you cant even smoke in the bar area of a restaurant (as of July 1, 2003 I believe.) You have to go outside to grab that kind of butt ;) Even in NYC, its the same now.

I also understand that there is some kind of legislation being batted around about people having to stand so many feet from the doorways of buildings to smoke. Also, I dont know if this is state or federal law, but you must be 25 years of age to purchase cigarettes here. Retailers who dont card and sell to minors are subject stiff fines, kinda like Lotto :hammer:

wsapooh

I will be smoke free for 3 months on 8/5. It certainly hasn't been easy but it really is amazing how much easier it is to breathe!

Bagheera

Originally posted by Wckd Queen But now, you cant even smoke in the bar area of a restaurant (as of July 1, 2003 I believe.) You have to go outside to grab that kind of butt ;)

The law went into effect July 24. That Sunday (7/27), we celebrated by going to brunch at a diner that had previously been impossible for us to take our asthmatic, smoke-allergic son to. Their previous setup of smoking vs. non-smoking was taken right out of Time Bandits: "Oh, so that's what an invisible barrier looks like!" It's so nice to have the option of going to more places now that we can all breathe at all restaurants.

Bagheera

Originally posted by wsapooh
I will be smoke free for 3 months on 8/5. It certainly hasn't been easy but it really is amazing how much easier it is to breathe!

Congrats! Way to go!!! Woo hoo!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Wckd Queen

Originally posted by Bagheera
The law went into effect July 24. That Sunday (7/27), we celebrated by going to brunch at a diner that had previously been impossible for us to take our asthmatic, smoke-allergic son to. Their previous setup of smoking vs. non-smoking was taken right out of Time Bandits: "Oh, so that's what an invisible barrier looks like!" It's so nice to have the option of going to more places now that we can all breathe at all restaurants.

It was as late as that? The TGI Fridays here went smoke free much earlier. Maybe it was a mandate from the corporate offices. I know what you mean about not being able to breathe in certain restaurants. There is a nice steakhouse in our town that we wouldnt go to in the winter. Only in the summer when we could eat outside. The bar and dining room were only separated by a small half wall, and at times it was smokier in the dining room than in the bar. Our diner here has been smoke free for a few years now. They had at first tried to get around the whole thing by putting the bar into the back room, so that they still had a smoking section, but the smoke still wafted into the general dining area. So they took it out and had the whole room redone because of the smell of stale cigarettes. :sohappy:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
nope. i believe it's wrong. so never have never will

Never say never .... nothing in this life is certain!

DMC-12 - I'm sure if you ponder upon it, you probably remember me... :lol: Anyway, I personally carry Marlboro ultralights on me at all times - maybe I'll meet ya at the Disney "smoke-pit" sometime!

:animwink: :D

aim

I never have, and never will. And I say never, because I know I won't. I've seen what the long term affects do to people. It's not pretty. I forgot to say why I never will...haha...I have breathing problems, therefor the smoke gets to me real bad.

The_CEO

Original Poster
Originally posted by FutureCEO
in a way we all smoke AKA second-hand smoke

They are passing laws here to make all restaurants NON-Smoking.

Plus I sit in NON-Smoking.

If I do Second Hand, its walking into a store or some sort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom