You know you're obsessed when...

diddy_mouse

ok, i thought of yet another one...

when you watch the Disney vacation planning DVD for an entire week, or you just put the DVD in as background noise, looking up when they mention your favorite rides/parks :D

i love that DVD :hammer:

diddy_mouse said:

when you watch the Disney vacation planning DVD for an entire week, or you just put the DVD in as background noise, looking up when they mention your favorite rides/parks :D

i do that too... my family really thinks I am nuts about disney and that it's a little strange... :lookaroun .... oh well so be it i am the strange one in my family i admit to it! LOL
Angie

PoohB

I've watched it every day this week! My 2 1/2 year old even has it memorized. She'll say, "Look Mom it's the Magic Kingdom!"

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
I go Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. It's about 20 min. outside St. Louis. It's so cool b/c you just drive onto campus and it totally feels like how it feels when you drive up to Disney World. Just one of the many reasons I love my college.

I used to live in central IL (near Decatur) but recently moved to northern IL (next to NIU) around Christmas time. I always wanted to go down towards SIUE and check that school out although I would never go there. I'm only going to college in FL, I'm sure you know why I made that decision. I might have to make a little sidetrip when I'm down visiting old friends in central IL again.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
diddy_mouse said:

I try to watch that DVD as often as possible. I make sure that I get the new one every year, even if I know there won't be anything different about it. I had just thought of another reason why I'm obsessed too:

I am late to certain events, gatherings, or family whatevers because I am always sitting on here. I swear I sit on here at least 6 hours a day, usually sometimes more than 12! :D

You know your obsessed when at the age of 10 all you would read is " Disney Girls" .... what a great series! I still remember it.... if you have a daughter you enjoys disney but her this series i loved it! I am sure you can get it somewhere online

Angie

Rora

-When you're driving 14 hours to DW and you only listen to the one Disney tape you made. When it finishes you just let it start over. Then on the drive home you do the same, never tiring of it.
-when a prerequisite for an elligible husband is that he loves Disney as much as I do.
-when you've dreamed of being proposed to in the MK your whole life. And have even thought of how it would best be done.
-when you are on a mission to keep your streak of visiting DW at LEAST once a year intact.
-when you can't really afford to go, but you find a way.
-when you're looking for a job and your friends tell you "you should just get a job at the Disney Store.
-when people don't know what to buy you for a gift they just fall back on Disney items.
-when you secretly despise friends/family who are getting ready for a trip to DW
-when you get weepy leaving MK, hoping that you get back soon.

WDWScottieBoy said:
I used to live in central IL (near Decatur) but recently moved to northern IL (next to NIU) around Christmas time. I always wanted to go down towards SIUE and check that school out although I would never go there. I'm only going to college in FL, I'm sure you know why I made that decision. I might have to make a little sidetrip when I'm down visiting old friends in central IL again.

What college are you going to in Florida?

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
For those of you that have weatherbug on your computer, there's something you can do. In the options part, you can change your zip code. Put in 34747 as the zip code and you can feel like you're at WDW everyday. They have cameras (you can see it in time-lapse) of EPCOT on there. Just something I thought those of you that don't get to see it everyday (like me) and get your fill of WDW in.

Mouseketeer Boy

TpaDonaldFan said:
you know where all the boxes you can open, ropes you can pull, squares you can step on, trash cans and water fountains that talk etc. are all located:D :D :D :D
Ah, all I know about is one outside of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and I don't even know what happens since I haven't been back to try it and by the time I get there again (won't get to go this year), it will probably be gone. Would you education the young grasshopper? I would like to know all the ins and outs of WDW, too.
-Mouseketeer Boy

PS - I do know all the monorail sayings, though. Every time we go anywhere, we're laughing because my family and I look at each other and everyone is mouthing it as it is said.:p

When your little brother begs your parents to never go to Disney again just to get on your nerves because you wanna go back SO badly! :mad:

I gotta wait until Jan 05! :cry:

disneydummy125 said:
When your little brother begs your parents to never go to Disney again just to get on your nerves because you wanna go back SO badly! :mad:

I gotta wait until Jan 05! :cry:

That really truly does make two of us... the reason we are going to Disney is because my aunt and her two kids have never been 4, and 6 year old girls... They both think they are gonna be ready for the TOT and want to go on... they both are tall enough too but I know they are gonna be petrified just from the pre-show... All I know is that I am definetely buying the TOT picture with them screaming LOL.... OK so I am a little mean but it's gonna be hilarious! My family members all 15 of us who are going have already made bets on what we think they can and can't handle LOL... I can't wait for them to see how great it is there though.... it's really sad though, this is probably gonna be our last year goign with all my cousins since my cousin is going off to college and soon my sister will... I gotta make this trip special! MY family really is Disney World fanatics...except my little brother,age 10, Would rather sit and home and see me angry than go to Disney thats mean!!

diddy_mouse

when you buy two of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD collections in 1 day, and look on Ebay for others you hope to find for a decent price :D

MKBurn15

WDWScottieBoy said:
For those of you that have weatherbug on your computer, there's something you can do. In the options part, you can change your zip code. Put in 34747 as the zip code and you can feel like you're at WDW everyday. They have cameras (you can see it in time-lapse) of EPCOT on there. Just something I thought those of you that don't get to see it everyday (like me) and get your fill of WDW in.
Thanks for the great tip scottie!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
MKBurn15 said:
Thanks for the great tip scottie!

No problem. I love using it, then I close my eyes and visualize walking through the parks in their weather. It's 63 outside right now (I live west of Chicago), cloudy, 15mph winds, 77% humidity and it feels like 61 out.

Now the weather in WDW right now: 94 outside, 7mph winds, 47% humidity and it feels like 103. Oh yeah, and it's partly cloudy. Now that's the kind of weather I would love to be in right now.

If only, those two words that I use all the time, wanting to be/living at WDW. I guess I am obsessed aren't I?!? :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
My girlfriend repremanded my last night for being on this site all the time. I told her I was doing it to make our vacation even better and get the best tips for our trip. She was mad that I talk to so many of you too, I guess we're all really friendly and it shows, we're just one large family. Of course, she's the one that got me hooked on the site. :lol: Thanks to all of you for helping me and allowing me to help you, you really are a blessing and truly magical. Oh yeah, she told me again that I'm obsessed with WDW more than I am her, and that I know more about Disney than her. :zipit:

Cynderella

haha dont worry scottie my boyfriend thinks im nuts too. I've taken him twice so far since i met him and im working on making him as obsessed as i am. he's getting there! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom