You know you're obsessed when...

TnkrBelPixiDust

Okay I got one.. my mom cant tell my little brother about our WDW trips till right before we go because when we tell him ahead of time he HARPS on it.. seriously 24/7... watches WDW videos.. looks at pictues home videos.. talks about the rides.. its a continuious (sp?!?) cycle with him... :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
TnkrBelPixiDust said:
Okay I got one.. my mom cant tell my little brother about our WDW trips till right before we go because when we tell him ahead of time he HARPS on it.. seriously 24/7... watches WDW videos.. looks at pictues home videos.. talks about the rides.. its a continuious (sp?!?) cycle with him... :animwink:

Speaking of that video, I'm going to watch it once I get off work here in 2 hours and 45 minutes. As far as pictures, I'm still going through all of mine. I bet my girlfriend is upset that she found this site and told me about it because I'm addicted now. I've also made some good friends on here as well. You are all family to me!

How old is your brother? It's good to get them obsessed when they are young. I remember taking my first ever Birnbaums to school with me in 5th grade and I read the whole thing. Every since then (I just graduated high school last Dec) I have bought the new edition and still read the whole thing. Of course I've got it all practically memorized now. :lol:

TnkrBelPixiDust

My brother is 10 but went for the first time at 6 so he is officially hooked!! :p Were planning a huge family trip sometime within the next 2 years and he overheard us talking about it and wouldnt shut up for atleast 3 weeks.. until my mom told him we werent going (which isnt true)... :lol:

OliveMcFly

TnkrBelPixiDust said:
My brother is 10 but went for the first time at 6 so he is officially hooked!! :p Were planning a huge family trip sometime within the next 2 years and he overheard us talking about it and wouldnt shut up for atleast 3 weeks.. until my mom told him we werent going (which isnt true)... :lol:

Ohhh...Can I go too???

MKBurn15

Heck! People think you're obsessed if you know what EPCOT stands for! My friends think I'm obsessed just because I know the opening day and year of DisneyWorld and opening year of Disneyland. (I brought it up in History. Something about a killing or something, then I said, Hey! DisneyLand opened the next year!)

Mickifan17

Ok, I'm obsessed.

Ok, I've been reading this thread for days now and felt it was time I posted too. Yes, I'm obsessed. I, like many other people, do the following:

- Order the vacation DVD every year
- Do not get a map in the parks
- Log onto WDWmagic.com everyday
- Listen to Live 365 for park music
- Get depressed shortly after I arrive in WDW knowing I'll have to leave and go back home to work
- Etc., etc., etc.

My wife told me last night that I'm completely obsessed. I told her our 4 year old looked at the map of Magic Kingdom and pointed out Splash Mountain and BTMRR. When I told her, she said he's been brainwashed and he's obsessed too. Like someone said, you've got to start them young. I think she wants to keep our 10 month old away from me, but it's inevitable. His room already has an 8 ft mickey head that I painted before we even had kids.

Click below for pics of the room
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9508

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Mickifan17 said:
Order the vacation DVD every year

That's a good start, make sure you get both of your children to watch them with you, like I stated earlier, you DO have to start them young.

Mickifan17 said:
- Do not get a map in the parks

You might not need one because you know the place by heart, as I do too, but you still need one as a souvenier. Your children might want to have a collection to remember things by when they are older. Also, there might be a ride on the map that won't be there much longer, as we all know which ones those are.

Mickifan17 said:
- Log onto WDWmagic.com everyday

I don't think I've been logged off for weeks now. I keep mine on 24/7 for the sole purpose that it's the first thing I read when I wake up and the last thing before bed. I just keep the mouse on the refresh button! :lol:

Mickifan17 said:

I've had it one since yesterday afternoon while I was at work, then when I got home I turned it on here and haven't had it off yet. I fell asleep listening to Sorcerer1 on live365. It's still playing at the moment too.

Mickifan17 said:
- Get depressed shortly after I arrive in WDW knowing I'll have to leave and go back home to work

I don't get depressed until I'm packing to go home and on my way to the airport. Turning around while on Mears and seeing the big WELCOME sign almost brings tears to my eyes knowing that I just left the magic (physically, I never leave there mentally). Of course, it's also a joy knowing that I will be back soon.

Mickifan17

Just thought of another one. I'm sure other people feel the same way as this...

When you enter Magic Kingdom, walk past the flag pole following the "track" in the middle of Main Street USA and when you have your first glimpse of the Castle, you get that happy, heart-skips-a-beat type feeling :D

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Mickifan17 said:
when you have your first glimpse of the Castle, you get that happy, heart-skips-a-beat type feeling :D

It's the feeling where you get choked up and you feel it in your stomach. It's one thing I will never forget, EVER. I love to watch other people's expressions, especially young ones when they see the castle for the first time, too.

nfeagle5

Mickifan17 said:

I am always on this 1, it is my #1 on my favorites list on my internet explorer, its getting to the point that i just leave it on and mute my computer when someone else is on it so i dont have to re-open it. lol :)

tigger248

TnkrBelPixiDust said:
Okay I have yet another one!!! When I board the airplane to come home im ALREADY planning my next trip to WDW!!!! :cry:

To further that one, when you book a second trip before you go on the first one.

TnkrBelPixiDust

tigger248 Quote:
Originally Posted by TnkrBelPixiDust
Okay I have yet another one!!! When I board the airplane to come home im ALREADY planning my next trip to WDW!!!!

To further that one, when you book a second trip before you go on the first one.
Havent done that yet.. but my Aunt & Uncle just went for the FIRST time in May and when then came home they were saying "When we go back" lol... they are sooo sucked in despite what they may say!!! :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
nfeagle5 said:
I am always on this 1, it is my #1 on my favorites list on my internet explorer, its getting to the point that i just leave it on and mute my computer when someone else is on it so i dont have to re-open it. lol :)

Mine is still on, if someone calls, I put it on mute, when I leave, I don't turn it off, that way when I get home the first thing I hear is Disney music.

TnkrBelPixiDust said:
Okay I have yet another one!!! When I board the airplane to come home im ALREADY planning my next trip to WDW!!!!

I haven't done that one yet either, but I'll have my next one planned by the time I get back soon.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I was just getting a list together of things I need to do tomorrow (or rather I should say today since it's already the morning) and I was writing down that I need to sort my Disney books. I don't think about it, but when I write Disney, I write it just as you see it everywhere. Everyone has always told me I do it perfect, I guess it's because I do it all the time since I can't go an hour without talking about it.

Also, there is something in my day that revolves around Disney, it just has to our my day isn't over. If I'm cleaning my car, wanting to relax, etc I have on my Disney music. I can't get enough of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom