You know you're obsessed when...

dzne4eva

MichRX7 said:
-When you think getting laid off might be a good thing so you can try your hand getting a Disney job.
:lookaroun
:wave:
*waiting for my package in November*

I was reading these to my family and many apply to me. I'm offically scared.

TTFN Sherry

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
you go to the disney website and fill out a vacation itenerary to book and you get all the way to the credit card info and than hit cancel. (if this happens to screw anything up on the disney servers, or clog a mainframe or 2, im just kidding, i dont do that

jcarriv

When your bride's statement of committment includes the phrase "I promise to embrace your love of all things Disney and love them with you"

The honeymoon is at WDW of course. :) :)

magicmom

I didn't know how obsessed my hubby and I were until we moved to Georgia from Ft. Lauderdale. We are always being asked trip planning questions.

1. Absolutely reciting the monorail info!
2. Buy every popcorn in the store trying to find the one that comes close to the park.
3. Planning trips around strawberry season for the awsome dipped strawberries.
4. I love this site!!!!!

Moonshadow1

diddy_mouse said:
you know you're obsessed when...you take your fiance (who's never been) to WDW, make him fall in love with the place then both of you decide to honeymoon there next year :sohappy: (yes, i'm obsessed with my fiance as much as i am with WDW) :lol:

I did this too but it took me 15 years to get him to admit to it.

PS Our Bride and Groom ears arrived to day

Thats how you know your obsessed
You order your ears 3 months early so you can have wedding pictures taken in them.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
My girlfriend and her family loved Disney but didn't know as much as they do now thanks to moi. I guess the obsession just rubs off. Now all of us can't wait to go to Disney. It's awesome that we all share the magic. :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I was just looking at different people's signatures, and A LOT of people have countdowns. It's also nice to see how many people have been to WDW before, and how many times they have been there. It amazes me that people go so often, it's truly magical and I love it. No other place brings in guests like Disney does, and then keeps them coming year after year after year. Just something else I noticed. Also, I have seen people on here from all walks of life and all age groups. It's also magical that Disney reaches out to everyone everywhere. Gotta love Disney, plain and simple. Don't have to love Eisner, just love Disney. :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
One more thing I just noticed is that people have for their location how many miles it is exactly from their house to WDW. Now I don't even know that one, but it's time I do. *goes to www.mapquest.com to see how far it is* I've actually checked once to see how much gas it would take me, how many stops I'd have to take and how long it would take me to drive there. Of course I wasn't even planning on going there but it was the thought that counted! :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Sorry for making this seem like it's only me, but I keep thinking of more things and seeing more as I read through the forums. I'd edit them and add to them but it's easier to just make a new post. I was reading on here about candy at the confectionary and how someone still has a tube of what had root beer powder candy in it, and they open it every now and then and smell it just to remember Disney even though it is empty.

I see that a lot of people save used things that have nothing left of them but the Disney smell. We always smell Disney no matter what it is, we can associate it with something at WDW. There are threads that go on and on about different smells and that's one way we can tell we're obsessed when we're at home thousands of miles from WDW and still smell it. I know of people that buy something at WDW and dont open it but for a brief second just to get some FL air. (I've done this too.) I keep the smallest things from WDW to remind me of my trip, even napkins that I didn't use!

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE, KEEP IT ALIVE. WE'RE DOING SO WELL WITH IT!!!

GoofyFan1

I know I'm obsessed.....
When my kids comment on my lack of Disney attire. (On my way to an important meeting.)

When I get excited that there are 175 days until we arrive in WDW :cry: :D

When I listen to Disney music in the car even when the kids aren't with me.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
GoofyFan1 said:
When I get excited that there are 175 days until we arrive in WDW :cry: :D

Trust me, 175 days is better than never. You'll have such a great time there. I thought 28 days away was an eternity, I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel.

Cynderella

It's so nice to know that I am not the only Disney crazy person. Basically my whole family thinks I'm crazy because I have soo much Disney stuff. I just recently got a tattoo of a mickey head in a nautical star( those mickey confetti's are great stencils! ) and when I told the guy I wanted a mickey head in a star he looked at me like I was crazy. But I love it because it is my little "hidden mickey" and I can't wait to get more!!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Cynderella said:
It's so nice to know that I am not the only Disney crazy person. Basically my whole family thinks I'm crazy because I have soo much Disney stuff. I just recently got a tattoo of a mickey head in a nautical star( those mickey confetti's are great stencils! ) and when I told the guy I wanted a mickey head in a star he looked at me like I was crazy. But I love it because it is my little "hidden mickey" and I can't wait to get more!!

Do you have a picture of the tattoo that you can post on here for us to see. That sounds amazing, I can't even picture it. That takes a lot of gut to get a tattoo, I know I'll never get one. haha To have Disney as a part of you forever is a cool idea though. I might have to look into that.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
nibblesandbits said:
While driving onto your school's campus you realize that it feels like you are driving into Disney World and think that every time.

First of all, I want to be the first to welcome you to the boards! You picked a good place for your first post. ;) You are now part of the greatest Disney fan family on the web. Again, WELCOME! :wave:

Now, tell me where this school is because I want to go there. I'd love to get the feeling as if I'm going to WDW every day!

nfeagle5

Laura22 said:
*When you read a thread about obsessed Disney freaks owning a bunch of Disney t-shirts and you get up to go to the bathroom and when you look in the mirror you realize you are in fact wearing a shirt that you bought in Disney world.

nice :)

stitchlvr

...when every hill you drive on reminds you of Splash Mtn, and your kids all raise their hands up and scream until we reach the bottom of the hill...even the 6 year old who refused to ride the real thing :hammer:

and this has been going on for 4 years now, since our first visit.

Cynderella

Thanks Scottie! I LOVE my tattoo...though it really hurts right now cause i just got it on Saturday. I unfortunatly dont have a picture though just picture a nautical star and then a mickey head inside. the mickey is my skin..so the tattoo is kind of around it. I wish i had a pic! But thanks again! I hope to get some more soon.

nibblesandbits

WDWScottieBoy said:
First of all, I want to be the first to welcome you to the boards! You picked a good place for your first post. ;) You are now part of the greatest Disney fan family on the web. Again, WELCOME! :wave:

Now, tell me where this school is because I want to go there. I'd love to get the feeling as if I'm going to WDW every day!

Thanks! I've been visiting the boards for forever, I just haven't ever been able to post on them. I love this site and all the people on it are just awesome! You guys really help me to feel the disney magic even though I live so far away. :D Hello to all of you Disney Nuts out there! :wave:

Now to answer your question Scottie...I go Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. It's about 20 min. outside St. Louis. It's so cool b/c you just drive onto campus and it totally feels like how it feels when you drive up to Disney World. Just one of the many reasons I love my college.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom