Yeti Repaired

EPCOT Explorer

Who was the clown that was spreading the rumor a couple months ago that a "family of yetis" would be added to E:E? Wasn't it WDWInsider?
Hadn't heard that...Makes for a nice twist, though...:lol:
Not really... I knew of a few proposals last summer for some maintainence work to keep the ride open at the same time. I didn`t know one was actually being done. Surprised me as much as the UoE painting did :D

I hope we have more surprises, like that one...:D

erasure fan1

What about bird on a stick?

Should there be a bird on a stick effects status watch thread?

:lol:

Only if I can be the first to post! I did read that the stick was getting upgraded to a new kevlar high strength polymar with a fancy new paint job.:lookaroun

My daughter and I rode a few times our last trip and she loved the ride but the yeti was in b-mode every time. So if its moving and you can see it, she will be SOOOO happy on our next trip.

FigmentJedi

Blah..Dinosaur was a forced movie tie-in by Eisner and crew. IMO, the movie didn't do well enough to get an attraction named after it. Give me CTX please!! :D

But at the same time, Countdown to Extinction was ALWAYS a Dinosaur tie-in, considering it always used Aladar and the Carnotaurus. One of those cases of the attraction opening well before the movie, just like SLeeping Beauty Castle.

EPCOT Explorer

But at the same time, Countdown to Extinction was ALWAYS a Dinosaur tie-in, considering it always used Aladar and the Carnotaurus. One of those cases of the attraction opening well before the movie, just like SLeeping Beauty Castle.
Right...Did they have to change anything in the ride? Or was it just the name?

Captain Chaos

Very nice. Thanks for that bit of encouraging news.

Funny thing, just about everything Redis told us about the HM has turned out to be true. The only thing he got wrong was the reversible masks. But I won't be suprised if we find out someday that they do exist. You should take being called redis as a compliment. By the way, you do sound just like him.

I think it would be funny if it wound up being true...

Captain Chaos

Who was the clown that was spreading the rumor a couple months ago that a "family of yetis" would be added to E:E? Wasn't it WDWInsider?

I don't recall that.... Is it possible you find the post and quote it for us???

But if they couldn't get ONE AA of a yeti working properly, how could a family of yetis work properly lol...

DisneyDellsDude

I didn't know that.
I still wish they would change it back to Countdown to Extinction - as well as get some effects re-running.

This attraction could really use a great refurb like the Mansion got. There is so much dark space where effects could be added, as well as there being a lot of effects to be fixed/made more prominent/made more reliable.

There is a lot that could be done to make this attraction very popular again.

AndrewRnR

DisneyDellsDude, I rode it the other day and it was as good as ever. As for making the attraction "popular" again... I don't know when you go to the park but lately it has been a steady 30 min wait.

dxwwf3

I think dxwwf3 is refering to the multitude of physical and laser effects that havn`t worked in years for various reasons.

That's the main thing. It would be nice if they programmed the vehicles to run as bumpy/fast as they did in 98, but that isn't going to happen. The effects being fixed most certainly could happen.

Thrill Seeker

DisneyDellsDude, I rode it the other day and it was as good as ever. As for making the attraction "popular" again... I don't know when you go to the park but lately it has been a steady 30 min wait.

Yeah it has always been popular because of how different it is from the rest of WDW's rides. It's a dark ride that is also a thrill ride. That doesn't happen very often...

ntoeman

I think it's always been able to stay popular no matter what because for most people visiting it's a new ride to them. I don't think everybody knows theres suppose to be a Yeti swinging at them!

ewensell3

Personally I think they were very stupid keeping this secret, rather than letting their fans know they were attempting to fix the Yeti.

Then the armchair Imagineers would complain about how long it was taking, and then start guessing what things they are doing wrong (eg. "It's just a patch job"... "A boat captain heard from a bus driver that they were using cheap outsourced concrete", etc etc).

This way they could go "Surprise! We fixed it! Have fun people!".

EPCOT Explorer

Personally I think they were very stupid keeping this secret, rather than letting their fans know they were attempting to fix the Yeti.

I guess they are keeping the rest of the needed repairs secret also.

I agree in full here, too.

Being secretive about this, just brings doubt to their motives and practices.

Either way...It's fixed, it didn't need to close...I'm happy.:lol:

erasure fan1

(eg. "It's just a patch job"... "A boat captain heard from a bus driver that they were using cheap outsourced concrete", etc etc).
Is that the same concrete they are going to use on the monorail extension?:hammer:

ntoeman said:
for most people visiting it's a new ride to them. I don't think everybody knows theres suppose to be a Yeti swinging at them!

I agree, the people that Ive talked to about the ride, have know idea. They know its about the yeti but they didnt know a HUGE yeti is "actually" in the ride taking a swing at them.

I think its OK that they just up and fixed it without saying thats what the plan was. I wish they would do that more often.

jt04

Then the armchair Imagineers would complain about how long it was taking, and then start guessing what things they are doing wrong (eg. "It's just a patch job"... "A boat captain heard from a bus driver that they were using cheap outsourced concrete", etc etc).

This way they could go "Surprise! We fixed it! Have fun people!".

You seem to be confusing the "armchair imagineers" with the DAGS. Armchair Imagineering is strictly related to things that don't exist yet. Nice try.

The Conundrum

Ahhh...the Yeti is semi-working again. About time.

Now...let's see what we can do about that other waterfall. And the train steam. And the mist. And the blowing snow effect.

Who knows, one day it may finally operate at 100%.:shrug:

Maybe JT can go to the sherif about that. Oh but he is too busy praising TDO for authorizing the repairs to the yeti animatronic even though it should have been repaired IMMEDIATLY :rolleyes:

WDW has become a joke and they either need to step up quality/value to justify their current prices or lower the price if they they are content with giving guests a mediocre experince at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom