Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

bubbles1812

bubbles, not sure whether you have noticed it yet as you are fairly new, but there have been one or more people over the last 6 months or so who created one new account after the other and who have derailed thread after thread. This troll (or trolls) have made everyone a bit weary at the moment about people who come in with a new account and immediately start posting as if they had been around for ages. I guess that's the reason for the harshness.

Oh I don't disagree with you there. I was a lurker quite awhile before I officially joined And definitely agree with you that it has been a problem. But I haven't seen anything in ellie-badge's posts to suggest that she is that person/s. She hasn't seemed trollish at all to me the way said person/s have been. But yeah, probably best to disclose what her prior user name was.

Also...I agree on the big ol' NOT needing to be added to the title. :D

Yes, and why you didn't just have your name changed instead of creating a sock puppet.

Here it is for you to see.

She already stated she didn't know you could do that...I'm guessing a lot of people on the boards wouldn't know you could do that... No offense, but I think you are being a wee bit harsh on her for no reason.

Yes, that I did. Thank you.

bubbles, not sure whether you have noticed it yet as you are fairly new, but there have been one or more people over the last 6 months or so who created one new account after the other and who have derailed thread after thread. This troll (or trolls) have made everyone a bit weary at the moment about people who come in with a new account and immediately start posting as if they had been around for ages. I guess that's the reason for the harshness.

ellie-badge, for the reason I explained to bubbles above, I think it would really make your life easier to tell everyone your previous name. :)

I wasn't initially aware once I came back from my hiatus that trolls were browsing these particular forums (I don't understand why they would), although the more I perused, the more I saw of the trolling, or at least some nasty bickering. I haven't tried to blatantly derail any threads, although I wound up getting myself into a heated debate with unkadug and a disagreement with Magenta Panther, which is why neither of them seem to like me very much. I would like to maybe get on a better foot with them eventually, but if neither of them want to, then that's okay.

Tom

Beta Return
Here it is for you to see.

Yes, that I did. Thank you.

I wasn't initially aware once I came back from my hiatus that trolls were browsing these particular forums (I don't understand why they would), although the more I perused, the more I saw of the trolling, or at least some nasty bickering. I haven't tried to blatantly derail any threads, although I wound up getting myself into a heated debate with unkadug and a disagreement with Magenta Panther, which is why neither of them seem to like me very much. I would like to maybe get on a better foot with them eventually, but if neither of them want to, then that's okay.

So.....is this official? Are you going to be Sumshine 904 from here forward, or will you remain ellie-badge?

ellie-badge

So.....is this official? Are you going to be Sumshine 904 from here forward, or will you remain ellie-badge?

I'm going to remain as ellie-badge. I just signed in and posted as Sumshine 904 so that I could prove to everybody that I am indeed the same person. Sorry for causing unnecessary discussion.

Does anybody think the yeti will be fixed within the next ten years?

bubbles1812

I'm going to remain as ellie-badge. I just signed in and posted as Sumshine 904 so that I could prove to everybody that I am indeed the same person. Sorry for causing unnecessary discussion.

Does anybody think the yeti will be fixed within the next ten years?

Not in the next 5 at least. Maybe, just maybe the next 10 but I don't think the possibility is super high unless something else big on Yeti is in need of fixing.

datbates

I finally watched that great Discovery channel video tonight when I got on a kick to try to see the Yeti in A mode. After watching the movements, and seeing the mechanism I really don't get it. This cannot be an engineering issue or a money issue. This MUST be a political issue. Doubtless they had tons of money allocated for maintenance on this monster, and to record new movement sequence for this guy that just moved his fingers, eyes and head as shown in this video

would not put any stress on his "cracked foundation", and would not cost anything near the amount of money they saved by having disco yeti for 5 years.

This my friends is almost assuridly imagineering pouting that the guys in Florida won't spend the money to fix this right. So they refuse to put in the half day of reprograming it would take to make this guy move a bit. They can't stand to have their great achievement neutered into a normal functional animatronic. It's all or nothing! Totally smells of grown adults acting like 5 year olds.

Now given, their fear may be justified, because if they created limited A mode then operations may never bother to return this guy to his former glory... Still can't they just work out a deal that they will do it for the sake of the show in exchange for a promise that they will fix it once Avatar land comes on line. It is all about the show right and not about Joe Rohde's pride? (not saying it is his fault, but it could be)

Maybe this is why Disney doesn't seem to let imagineering do animatronics much anymore. They give them all to outside contractors like Garner Holt from what I have heard of late. All of RSR was done by them right? Was little Mermaid internally done? Maybe her floating hair was? Sure their group screwed up on Murphy the dragon, but at least Disney could blame someone, and not have to baby them.

What do you think? Am I on the right track?

Beholder

I've always wondered if WDI would/could be able to add an editional Yeti in the ride? Less articulation, less movement, yet mobile enough to reasonably simulate a living, breathing animal capable of striking a little fear? With the relative speed of the coaster and the dark conditions, who knows, it might work. Draw attention away from the broken original Yeti until a time comes to replace/fix it. Just thinking out loud...

Tom

Beta Return
I've always wondered if WDI would/could be able to add an editional Yeti in the ride? Less articulation, less movement, yet mobile enough to reasonably simulate a living, breathing animal capable of striking a little fear? With the relative speed of the coaster and the dark conditions, who knows, it might work. Draw attention away from the broken original Yeti until a time comes to replace/fix it. Just thinking out loud...

I always wondered why they went to so much effort on the original Yeti, given the speed at which you pass him. I don't know what he cost, but it seems like I'd want the experience to last a bit longer.

And sure, they could swap him out for another Yeti, but that would also cost money, just like repairing the current one would.

Beholder

I always wondered why they went to so much effort on the original Yeti, given the speed at which you pass him. I don't know what he cost, but it seems like I'd want the experience to last a bit longer.

And sure, they could swap him out for another Yeti, but that would also cost money, just like repairing the current one would.

True, but I was thinking of something much less sophisticated, but a Yeti nonetheless. Obviously with a smaller dollar value, but good enough to sit in for the original until they choose to fix it, maybe if/when Avatar shows up or when it becomes embarrassing enough. And I'm not talking about replacing the current AA, just placing another, smaller version in a similar location. I don't know, just trying to think of alternatives to what they have now.

EpcotFanForever

Here you go...
nauga.jpg

Beholder

Here you go...
nauga.jpg

I like it! I believe the gift shop has a Yeti plush that would work just as well.

I was just considering alternatives to the status quo. Rainforest Cafe has monkeys that move with more motion than the Yeti, which isn't saying much considering the Yeti doesn't move.

tdpolo26

the part where the track is broken and you go backwards.... wouldnt it be awesome if a yeti arm came up out of no where like he was climbin up into that area. That would be pretty cool.
what about a "alien" style yetti that is above you at some part of the ride maybe arches its back and growls. def could have a few yeti's that would be cool

EpcotFanForever

the part where the track is broken and you go backwards.... wouldnt it be awesome if a yeti arm came up out of no where like he was climbin up into that area. That would be pretty cool.
what about a "alien" style yetti that is above you at some part of the ride maybe arches its back and growls. def could have a few yeti's that would be cool
Or maybe a Yeti on a stick?

Did Knee

Or maybe a Yeti on a stick?
I tried "Yeti on a stick" once, had to smother it in Ketchup to choke it down! But seriously, is there any indication of the actual management position regarding what's to be done here? Surely the "disco yeti" status quo can't possibly be sitting well with management either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom