Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

MerlinTheGoat

There is NO truth to that at all as far as I can tell. It is just an urban/Internet/CM/fanboi myth ... when I asked someone today they laughed out loud and said 'school's out on the boards!' ... this just is total BS. I have no idea who started it or why, but it has gained strength due to the 'net ... again, not true.
I guess i'm glad for that. There's a lot of overhanging assets in rides i'd be very sad to see gone. Some of which are already gone, but it's good to know it's not because of a new rule or whatever.

djkidkaz

Compy's were turned off because of cracks in the frame of the mechanism that moved them across the track, instead of fixing it, they just turned it off.

Mama Ceradactylus was turned off because the cable used to move it back and forth kept coming off the track, instead of fixing it, they just turned it off.

At Kali, remember the logging truck that was stuck and teetering and as your raft came by, the logs on the back of the truck would swing out, then they found a crack in the frame and instead of fixing it, they just turned it off.

At Everest, the Yeti has a crack in its movable foundation, so instead of fixing it, they turned it off.

So it is all in the name of safety, that is the way they like to fix things at DAK, just turn it off and then you don't have to worry about it.

Well Raven said that AK was in for a decent amount of "love" over the next few years, so hopefully these things get fixed.

jpittore1

I feel very fortunate to experience the Yeti! It does add to the ride experience and riding it again earlier this month reminded me how much it is missed.

mouse_luv

Funny... a 'brand new member' talking as if old threads are still running so long?
Doesnt mean the new poster hasnt been lurking. You can do that you know. Geez.

Anyway. I just want to say that I am happy if the Yeti is indeed being fixed. Disco Yeti and every other form of it other than the correct one is unacceptable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've been on the boards since about 2006 under an old username. I returned from a long hiatus under a new one.

last off topic post from me on this.. So why not ask the admin to merge your accounts if you weren't able to log in as your old account. Then all your stuff will be together under whatever account you chose.

ellie-badge

last off topic post from me on this.. So why not ask the admin to merge your accounts if you weren't able to log in as your old account. Then all your stuff will be together under whatever account you chose.

It wasn't really a matter of me not being able to log in as my old account, I just didn't like my previous username and wanted a new one. I didn't know I could do that though, and I might consider it. Thanks. :)

IWant2GoNow

You still see him (her?) though! So those things aren't technically lying.

(I know, its not a good excuse)
I rode in '06 and saw it then. Every time I've been back since, at least 5 times, I've not even seen Disco Yeti.

Not that it has done any good for any of us to write or e-mail or complain in person, but I appreciate those that have used my "FIX ME" pic as their profile pic. Really hope DAK receives some attention soon or else even with a 7 day park hopper, I won't waste my time going there.

ellie-badge

Yeah, I noticed that. He/she was also over at the animation board defending the horrid redesign of the Seven Dwarfs. Curiouser and curiouser...

You should read through the posts sometime. He and I already had a brief conversation, and I already explained that I was a member of the forums under a different username. Would you like to know what my previous username was?

I never said I liked the designs or would even watch the show. I was just stating that them having the same names as the dwarfs from the movie doesn't necessarily mean they're an extension of them. If you'd like to discuss this further, bring it to your thread in the animation board and not here.

Not picking ... just stating facts

Okay, if you insist.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You should read through the posts sometime. He and I already had a brief conversation, and I already explained that I was a member of the forums under a different username. Would you like to know what my previous username was?

I never said I liked the designs or would even watch the show. I was just stating that them having the same names as the dwarfs from the movie doesn't necessarily mean they're an extension of them. If you'd like to discuss this further, bring it to your thread in the animation board and not here.

Okay, if you insist.
Yes, and why you didn't just have your name changed instead of creating a sock puppet.

Bolna

She already stated she didn't know you could do that...I'm guessing a lot of people on the boards wouldn't know you could do that... No offense, but I think you are being a wee bit harsh on her for no reason.

bubbles, not sure whether you have noticed it yet as you are fairly new, but there have been one or more people over the last 6 months or so who created one new account after the other and who have derailed thread after thread. This troll (or trolls) have made everyone a bit weary at the moment about people who come in with a new account and immediately start posting as if they had been around for ages. I guess that's the reason for the harshness.

Would you like to know what my previous username was?

ellie-badge, for the reason I explained to bubbles above, I think it would really make your life easier to tell everyone your previous name. :)

Oh and in order to be not totally off topic: I still think the title of this thread needs to be fixed! There is a huge "NOT" missing in it... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom