Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

RunnerEd

Or going to see the White Stripes but it's just Meg and no Jack?

Or paying to rent "Star Wars" but getting "Dunstin Checks In" instead?

Or ordering Saint Emilion and getting Bud-light?

Or waiting in line to meet Mickey for 45 minutes but meeting Chuck E. Cheese?

Or buying a hi-definition LED 3D tv, but only getting black & white movies from the cable company?

Or paying money to hear Beethoven's 9th and getting John Cage's 4'33'' instead?

Or paying $14 for an album of hi-quality music but instead getting something that's compressed and void of any tangible form or artwork... Oh wait...this happens...sorry I'm off topic....

:D

Ok, maybe something more like this then...

Paying to see a 3D, Hi-def state-of-the-art widescreen film, but getting a 4:3 cropped, standard picture on a small screen. Sure, the movie is still fun...but it's not as great as it COULD BE (or once was, in the case of Everest).

Unbelievably NICE!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

I_heart_Tigger

Ok, since people are still Yeti talking I have a question but never really wanted to start a thread on it so here goes:

I have only ridden EE about 10-12 times but my last time we saw the torn up track, then started going backwards and after that we saw the animated shadow of the Yeti ripping up the track...shouldn't that have happened in the opposite order? I actually thought it DID happen in the opposite order but wonder if my selective memory is just putting things in the most comprehensible order.

Then I wonder - maybe my memory is so faulty that the last time I rode it I just remember things in the wrong order...for gods sake someone help! :hammer:

HookEmHorns

Ok, since people are still Yeti talking I have a question but never really wanted to start a thread on it so here goes:

I have only ridden EE about 10-12 times but my last time we saw the torn up track, then started going backwards and after that we saw the animated shadow of the Yeti ripping up the track...shouldn't that have happened in the opposite order? I actually thought it DID happen in the opposite order but wonder if my selective memory is just putting things in the most comprehensible order.

Then I wonder - maybe my memory is so faulty that the last time I rode it I just remember things in the wrong order...for gods sake someone help! :hammer:

:shrug: Not sure how you rode it that many times but only this time realized the order?
lol so basically You ride around the bend, find a ripped track, go backwards...then you end up in a cave and see the projection ripping the track up.
So the way you described it is correct and your most recent memory is correct.

Tom Morrow

I think tigger is asking if seeing the yeti projection rip up the track should come before seeing the ripped up track.

The idea is that you're just cruising along line normal and then BAM! Ripped up track! What happened?? So your train's brakes fail and you roll backwards into a different track and come to a stop, only to see the shadow of the yeti, ripping up more track, which causes your train to take another alternate route.

I_heart_Tigger

No you see the ripped track and then go backwards and then the film. You were just backwards! :ROFLOL:

I think tigger is asking if seeing the yeti projection rip up the track should come before seeing the ripped up track.

The idea is that you're just cruising along line normal and then BAM! Ripped up track! What happened?? So your train's brakes fail and you roll backwards into a different track and come to a stop, only to see the shadow of the yeti, ripping up more track, which causes your train to take another alternate route.

Thanks. I guess when I thought back on the ride it just always seemed like you should see the animation of the Yeti ripping up the track and then get the anticipation of what actually happens kind of the feeling that he couldn't have actually ripped up the track...could he? Then you see that the track IS ripped up in front of you and you get that Ohhhhh...shiiiii...moment and wonder how the heck you're going to get out of this one.

Right now to me it seems like, OK something happened to the track, must have been the Yeti, Oh, there see it WAS the Yeti and he's doing the same thing...again....how dull. I guess he just hangs out ripping up tracks.

It just seems like they use the same ploy twice. OH MY GOD the Yeti ripped up the track...OH MY GOD the Yeti ripped up the track...again. Couldn't they have at least came up with another plot twist - Yeti starts an avalanche causing boulders to fall on the track, the Yeti's foot is in the middle of the track (it wouldn't even have to move, just feel a tremor as you come through the dark and when you get around the corner there's a giant hairy foot in the track) something other than the same old thing they did 10 seconds ago.

:shrug: Not sure how you rode it that many times but only this time realized the order?

In the number of times riding it over the years, the first few I don't think I noticed very much - I rode it once where both the Yeti and the animation wasn't working and that me think....wasn't there a Yeti ripping up the track somewhere? Then after that I noticed the order and thought it didn't make sense - but afterward I wondered, maybe I was just remembering the order wrong? I only do it once per trip - it's not a big enough draw for me to waste another Fastpass or stand too long line.

I guess I just always hoped the ride was better than it actually is. Using the same trick twice, having a giant Yeti, that I rarely see moving, if at all - it just seems like a souped up Thunder Mountain. I enjoy the story in the queue - I just wish they had a better story on the ride.

dmeans

Thanks. I guess when I thought back on the ride it just always seemed like you should see the animation of the Yeti ripping up the track and then get the anticipation of what actually happens kind of the feeling that he couldn't have actually ripped up the track...could he? Then you see that the track IS ripped up in front of you and you get that Ohhhhh...shiiiii...moment and wonder how the heck you're going to get out of this one.

Right now to me it seems like, OK something happened to the track, must have been the Yeti, Oh, there see it WAS the Yeti and he's doing the same thing...again....how dull. I guess he just hangs out ripping up tracks.

It just seems like they use the same ploy twice. OH MY GOD the Yeti ripped up the track...OH MY GOD the Yeti ripped up the track...again. Couldn't they have at least came up with another plot twist - Yeti starts an avalanche causing boulders to fall on the track, the Yeti's foot is in the middle of the track (it wouldn't even have to move, just feel a tremor as you come through the dark and when you get around the corner there's a giant hairy foot in the track) something other than the same old thing they did 10 seconds ago.

In the number of times riding it over the years, the first few I don't think I noticed very much - I rode it once where both the Yeti and the animation wasn't working and that me think....wasn't there a Yeti ripping up the track somewhere? Then after that I noticed the order and thought it didn't make sense - but afterward I wondered, maybe I was just remembering the order wrong? I only do it once per trip - it's not a big enough draw for me to waste another Fastpass or stand too long line.

I guess I just always hoped the ride was better than it actually is. Using the same trick twice, having a giant Yeti, that I rarely see moving, if at all - it just seems like a souped up Thunder Mountain. I enjoy the story in the queue - I just wish they had a better story on the ride.

all though i want the yeti to work the best it can as originally planned, its still just a roller coaster, and a good one at that. i ride Aerosmith’s rock-n-roll roller coaster cuz its fun and cool. EE is fun and cool, so i ride it as much as i can in my plan. i have six flag season passes and visit several parks every summer AND i bring this up because i like theme parks and the fun they provide for my family. the one thing is I BUY INTO the Disney magic. they are mostly way over the top when compared to other themed parks. so, even though you can never make all parties happy all the time, and like anything else there is always something they can do better...over all Disney is just better.

Tom Morrow

I've heard that the original plan for the first stop was to see another train, all scratched up and damaged, fall off the side of the cliff, but due to budget cuts, they went with broken track.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure somebody on here knows.

montyz81

So in my most recent trip, which was 2 weeks ago, A CM told my 10 year old that the projection Yeti is named "Freddie Yeti", and the actually Animatronic/Stroblight Yeti is "Bettie Yeti". Can someone confirm this is true? BTW this was my son's first ride on EE, he absolutely loved it!

imagineer boy

So in my most recent trip, which was 2 weeks ago, A CM told my 10 year old that the projection Yeti is named "Freddie Yeti", and the actually Animatronic/Stroblight Yeti is "Bettie Yeti". Can someone confirm this is true? BTW this was my son's first ride on EE, he absolutely loved it!

I think I heard that the WDW yeti animatronic is named "Kumar" as its an in-joke that Disneyland's yeti on the matterhorn is named Harold.

Buried20KLeague

OR!!! maybe most people think its still fun even though you don't see the yeti swing it's arm for three seconds.

EE is a moderately fun coaster (at best) with a completely defunct headliner, packaged in a beautiful building.

EE is one of the small handful of coasters on WDW property, and one of just a VERY small handful of rides at AK. Of course it's going to be a draw.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Or going to see the White Stripes but it's just Meg and no Jack?

Or paying to rent "Star Wars" but getting "Dunstin Checks In" instead?

Or ordering Saint Emilion and getting Bud-light?

Or waiting in line to meet Mickey for 45 minutes but meeting Chuck E. Cheese?

Or buying a hi-definition LED 3D tv, but only getting black & white movies from the cable company?

Or paying money to hear Beethoven's 9th and getting John Cage's 4'33'' instead?

Or paying $14 for an album of hi-quality music but instead getting something that's compressed and void of any tangible form or artwork... Oh wait...this happens...sorry I'm off topic....

:D

Ok, maybe something more like this then...

Paying to see a 3D, Hi-def state-of-the-art widescreen film, but getting a 4:3 cropped, standard picture on a small screen. Sure, the movie is still fun...but it's not as great as it COULD BE (or once was, in the case of Everest).

ANALOGY WIN!

Great Job!!

kylewr86

So whats the status with the yeti.Last i heard thought someone said he was behind a tarp and it was thought he was being removed or a certain portion of him to fix the main problem that has left him motionless for so long.Anyone have any updates?

Tom

Beta Return
So whats the status with the yeti.Last i heard thought someone said he was behind a tarp and it was thought he was being removed or a certain portion of him to fix the main problem that has left him motionless for so long.Anyone have any updates?

As of yesterday, he was visible, but motionless and barely strobed.

kylewr86

Depressing......Guess im lucky to have enjoyed him in A mode a few years.Some have never seen him working as he should.Maybe after Fantasyland is done,Maybe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom