Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

menamechris

Put a projection or hologram up and dump the AA.

I actually agree with this. The AA has become an embarassment. And this has gone on far too long. They clearly have no real intention (or means) of repairing it to be how it was intended to be experienced, so just get rid of it already and attempt something impressive with a projection or hologram...

Tom Morrow

Sorry but the strobes DO work every time unless you were cascade stopped (also rare because you won't cascade stop at the brakes before yeti with 5 trains running), and you can still see her* face just fine. As people have already noted, the eyes now are glowing red.

Not saying it looks good, but don't make it sound worse than it already is.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry but the strobes DO work every time unless you were cascade stopped (also rare because you won't cascade stop at the brakes before yeti with 5 trains running), and you can still see her* face just fine. As people have already noted, the eyes now are glowing red.

Not saying it looks good, but don't make it sound worse than it already is.

Are you actually there every time someone else rides?

Are you manning the yeti strobe switch all day to ensure that they flash every time?

How can you be so certain that your statement is correct?

Perhaps YOU can see her face just find...perhaps others cannot!

EpcotFanForever

On the rare occasion that you do cath the strobe effect right, he is hunched over and you cannot see his face anymore anyways. You see the top of is head and a limp arm.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but if I worked for WDI and read these boards, it would seem that ridership and attention have gone way up for EE since the Yeti broke.

Who would want to return it to operation when the broken Yeti gets so much attention? It's an attraction in itself.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but if I worked for WDI and read these boards, it would seem that ridership and attention have gone way up for EE since the Yeti broke.

Who would want to return it to operation when the broken Yeti gets so much attention? It's an attraction in itself.

That is a very good theory. Look at all the people who ride it and then post replies on these boards. They keep going back!
Still, the Yeti...:dazzle:

dreamscometrue

That is a very good theory. Look at all the people who ride it and then post replies on these boards. They keep going back!
Still, the Yeti...:dazzle:

I assume that Everest would have to be shut down for awhile for any proper fix of the Yeti. I honestly don't expect that to happen until Avatarland is opened. I know AK ran for years without EE, but now that it's there, it's tough to shut it down...people often freak out when any attraction is closed, ever.

I want the Yeti fixed as much as anyone else, but until such time, I'll still continue to ride and enjoy EE. It's still a fun, well themed coaster.

RSoxNo1

On the rare occasion that you do cath the strobe effect right, he is hunched over and you cannot see his face anymore anyways. You see the top of is head and a limp arm.

Can they put the Tupac Hologram in there?

Buried20KLeague

Ridership won't drop at EE because the roster of attractions is so small. As long as it's a functioning coaster, it's going to pull big numbers. The yeti infuriates me, but I still ride the ride when I'm there, because there's only a handful of rides.

If WDI is looking at ridership to determine if they need to fix the yeti, we're gonna be in for several more years of a yeti with less movement than the yeti in the 50ish year old Matterhorn at Disneyland. Sad when you think about it.

It's like getting the most lavishly decorated Christmas present you've ever seen in your life, and you open it, and it's full of dog doo.

Ralphlaw

This is fun.

How about putting a Pinto engine in a Mercedes chasis?

Or kissing a supermodel with bad breath?

Or seeing the Grand Canyon on a foggy day?

Or seeing the Patriots play the Packers, with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers out with injuries?

Or ordering filet mignon and getting meatloaf?

Or slapping up a strobe light for 5 years and calling it a must see attraction? Oh wait, that's actually happening.

rodserling27

This is fun.

How about putting a Pinto engine in a Mercedes chasis?

Or kissing a supermodel with bad breath?

Or seeing the Grand Canyon on a foggy day?

Or seeing the Patriots play the Packers, with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers out with injuries?

Or ordering filet mignon and getting meatloaf?

Or slapping up a strobe light for 5 years and calling it a must see attraction? Oh wait, that's actually happening.

Or going to see the White Stripes but it's just Meg and no Jack?

Or paying to rent "Star Wars" but getting "Dunstin Checks In" instead?

Or ordering Saint Emilion and getting Bud-light?

Or waiting in line to meet Mickey for 45 minutes but meeting Chuck E. Cheese?

Or buying a hi-definition LED 3D tv, but only getting black & white movies from the cable company?

Or paying money to hear Beethoven's 9th and getting John Cage's 4'33'' instead?

Or paying $14 for an album of hi-quality music but instead getting something that's compressed and void of any tangible form or artwork... Oh wait...this happens...sorry I'm off topic....

:D

OR!!! maybe most people think its still fun even though you don't see the yeti swing it's arm for three seconds.
Ok, maybe something more like this then...

Paying to see a 3D, Hi-def state-of-the-art widescreen film, but getting a 4:3 cropped, standard picture on a small screen. Sure, the movie is still fun...but it's not as great as it COULD BE (or once was, in the case of Everest).

Tom Morrow

See but I, and obviously I'm not alone here, feel that it isn't like any of these. Okay, maybe like kissing a super model with bad breath... but you could get past that and you're still hooking up with a bangin' hot chick.

Remember: three seconds. You saw it for three seconds. Three seconds out of your 3.5 minute roller coaster.

rodserling27

See but I, and obviously I'm not alone here, feel that it isn't like any of these. Okay, maybe like kissing a super model with bad breath... but you could get past that and you're still hooking up with a bangin' hot chick.

Remember: three seconds. You saw it for three seconds. Three seconds out of your 3.5 minute roller coaster.

I don't think the length of time is the point, but the fact that it all builds towards that moment. You only see Mickey at the bottom of the Fantasmic! mountain for 3 seconds too...yet he is essential to the story telling. (I'm talking about the one who says "Some imagination, huh?") Without him the story is still told, and the show is still fun...but it's missing an element. I feel the same way with the Yeti. Is he just a minor part of the 3.5 minute ride? Yes. But he IS an essential part, and he is marketed as the star of the ride. And he is not up to snuff, in my book.

Mawg

I wish they would lock threads when the title is no longer relevant. I keep seeing this pop up on the live post feed and everytime it does, I'm like really, their fixing it...but no same old thread that someone started who knows nothing and people want to keep talking about it. Isn't there already a thread for Yeti status watch or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom