Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

lazyboy97o

come on, there is that jesusland park and also the mini china park that closed down a ways back.
Doubt either of those would be considered a "major" theme park. Though I completely disagree, as Disney's Animal Kingdom is my current favorite of the Walt Disney World parks. Just a shame that the whole Resort has opted to price people out of single day admission, $82 is far too much to be kicked out at 17:00.

flavious27

Doubt either of those would be considered a "major" theme park. Though I completely disagree, as Disney's Animal Kingdom is my current favorite of the Walt Disney World parks. Just a shame that the whole Resort has opted to price people out of single day admission, $82 is far too much to be kicked out at 17:00.

well most of the parks aren't worth the $87.33 a day admission price, the next time I go I would want to stay atleast 7 days to bring down the cost per day to like $45 but also to enjoy the time there. Also, taking the boat from FW at 10 am is much better than 7 am.

MerlinTheGoat

Hm, i have to say that even with all its faults, i do really enjoy Animal Kingdom. It could be so much better of course, but i'm not going to deny that i really enjoy myself there. I consider it more of a "rest park". Whenever i go, i take it easy there. I enjoy the scenery and design, see some shows, ride a few rides, and enjoy the wildlife. The thing is that i have an annual pass, and i never invest in single-day tickets. Had i bought a single day pass, i'd have a hard time justifying the price for it. However, i feel the same about Hollywood Studios and to an extent, even Epcot (Epcot being our current incarnation where Imagination is garbage, and we've lost World of Motion and Horizons). The only park i'd feel was really worth the single day pass is Magic Kingdom.

I definitely don't think AK is horrible or bad, definitely not the worst theme park in Florida. I like it MORE than Hollywood Studios.

Fair to mention, i'm not losing any sleep over the Yeti. It's definitely a sad fail on the Orlando management Disney team, but i can see far worse things wrong with WDW than a stationary Yeti that i only see for a second or two. I will concede that i've never personally witnessed the Yeti in all his glory however, so maybe i AM missing a lot. Worse things have happened to WDW than the Yeti breaking though.

lazyboy97o

well most of the parks aren't worth the $87.33 a day admission price, the next time I go I would want to stay atleast 7 days to bring down the cost per day to like $45 but also to enjoy the time there. Also, taking the boat from FW at 10 am is much better than 7 am.
Which is what I do, but I am in Orlando more frequently just for a couple of days. Instead I just happily spend my time at Universal Orlando Resort, and now SeaWorld Orlando and, hopefully some time in the next year since I went ahead and bought the pass, Busch Gardens Tampa.

Gracy_hm

I think Animal Kingdom is better than Epcot. Epcot is dated. It has too many unused buildings and not enough immersive experiences. Epcot needs TLC to make things not current but timeless. Animal Kingdom is the type of park I sit around and enjoy relax have a drink, wander the winding paths and appreciate the texture of the walls everywhere. I love wall textures its so important!:wave:

pax_65

the strobe light dosnt cut it for me, cuz i was one of the lucky people to actually see the yeti in A mode and he/she was terrifying! ....now its a joke

I agree 100%. If you've experienced both modes, you can never mistake them. It is not even remotely the same experience. It's a completely different ride.

For me it's almost like riding Space Mountain with the lights on - you see that it's a really simple, basic coaster - that the magic and excitement of it comes from the fact that it's in the dark and the cool theme it has. The same is true with EE - the theme, the build up to the Yeti and the extremely exciting close-encounter with him is what makes this ride special. Without it, it's really just a very basic coaster (except maybe for the backward sequence, which many people don't like anyway).

As I've said before, the reason this isn't more of a deal is because most people have no idea what they are missing, which in itself is sad.

:shrug:

freediverdude

I agree too. The huge arm reaching out at you and the Yeti you could see clearly growling at you was worth the build up of the whole ride. I am certainly glad now that I made the trek over there for the passholder preview way back when to see it working. I had no idea that was probably the only time I'd get to see it working as intended.

Unplugged

I am certainly glad now that I made the trek over there for the passholder preview way back when to see it working. I had no idea that was probably the only time I'd get to see it working as intended.

That really rings true. I caught EE in the first few weeks it was open (soonest I could get there). It was a really impressive show when he/it (the Yeti) was fully operational. Made we walk away saying WOW! Without it, it's a nice attraction, well themed, and fun, but not quite the same level. Disney doesn't make rides, they make shows. You'd never see It's a Small World with half the audioanimatronics down and no sound. (Trying to compare the size/impact of the Yeti aspect for the ride.)

My disappointment is that my son is now big enough to go on EE and while he thought it was really cool, he has no idea just how cool it was just a short time ago. I know this fix is pricey, but it always goes without saying, expensive things like that have expensive repair bills. Rarely are there failures of the same extent. Hopefully we'll see the A mode show again soon in all it's glory or at least before my son can take his kids. He's 5 now, Disney has a little time to resolve this. :lol:

wilsonhanks

I cry foul! $87.33 might sound a lot at first, but think of some altenative ways to spend it.

A. Nosebleed at an NFL game
B. Good seating at a baseball game
C. Corner NBA seating
D. Dinner for 2 at melting pot
E. 2 tanks of gas
F. One way budget airline ticket
Fb. One way Greyhound Ticket
G. Lousy Seat to a major musical
H. Good Tciket to average lever musical performance
I. Nosebleed for iconic musical performe
J. One night in a budget / mid level hotel,
etc...

This list goes on and on.....The theme parks provide a heck of a lot for $87.

thelookingglass

The same is true with EE - the theme, the build up to the Yeti and the extremely exciting close-encounter with him is what makes this ride special. Without it, it's really just a very basic coaster
I completely disagree with this. The Yeti in A mode was nice as icing on the cake, but to me Everest is a great roller coaster on its' own merits. Its the most thrilling coaster at WDW, thrilling enough to please most coaster buffs (like myself). The landscape, views, and theming are still great as well.

I agree with some posters on here in that the Yeti in A-mode has become very overhyped due to being MIA for so long. Yeah, it was a really neat effect. But it lasts for 3 seconds. If you never saw A-mode and they suddenly brought it back, you wouldn't exit the ride thinking "wow! the ride is so much better now!" You'd be like, "Yay, Everest! Fun! Oh cool, its mov-, it was moving. Thats neat."

maxairmike

Exactly. As a roller coaster it is absolutely outstanding, especially for Disney. When I can pick a good day at AK, I'll go to ride it several times over, and not for the show or theme. I'd love to see the Yeti in A-mode, as seeing it sitting there motionless and knowing how much of a fail that particular part of the attraction is now is disappointing. It is still, however, an outstanding ride even with the Yeti in B-mode.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I cry foul! $87.33 might sound a lot at first, but think of some altenative ways to spend it.

C. Corner NBA seating
E. 2 tanks of gas
etc...

Indeed excellent value for money and with a little hike here and there it would help keep out the free dining riff raff.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

C. Corner NBA seating
E. 2 tanks of gas
etc...

I've been to a Melting Pot a few times in my life; never once got out of there for $87.33.....

Mansion Butler

I completely disagree with this. The Yeti in A mode was nice as icing on the cake, but to me Everest is a great roller coaster on its' own merits. Its the most thrilling coaster at WDW, thrilling enough to please most coaster buffs (like myself). The landscape, views, and theming are still great as well.
Agreed. With the Yeti fully functioning, Everest was on my top tier of attractions. I enjoyed doing it every bit as much and as often as Splash, Space, Tower and the Mansion (and Pirates and GRR and Indy if we include California).

Without the yeti, it bumps down a tier, but it's still an attraction I do over and over and enjoy everytime, just now with a twinge of disappointment in the final moments.

I do wish they'd train a light on the yeti, though. Static figures work on plenty of attractions. I'd rather see the yeti in full glory then just catch a hint of him through a strobe light, even if he's not moving.

flavious27

C. Corner NBA seating
E. 2 tanks of gas
etc...

10 bucks more and I get a season pass to great adventure.

flavious27

I've been to a Melting Pot a few times in my life; never once got out of there for $87.33.....

Well either getting the cheese and fondue selection and a glass of wine each or the cheapest big night out with glasses of water and stiffing the wait staff. It is $125 easily there.

iheartdisney91

I agree 100%. If you've experienced both modes, you can never mistake them. It is not even remotely the same experience. It's a completely different ride.

For me it's almost like riding Space Mountain with the lights on - you see that it's a really simple, basic coaster - that the magic and excitement of it comes from the fact that it's in the dark and the cool theme it has. The same is true with EE - the theme, the build up to the Yeti and the extremely exciting close-encounter with him is what makes this ride special. Without it, it's really just a very basic coaster (except maybe for the backward sequence, which many people don't like anyway).

As I've said before, the reason this isn't more of a deal is because most people have no idea what they are missing, which in itself is sad.

:shrug:

exactly!....EE needs it's magic back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom