Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

thelookingglass

I do wish they'd train a light on the yeti, though. Static figures work on plenty of attractions. I'd rather see the yeti in full glory then just catch a hint of him through a strobe light, even if he's not moving.
You bring up a good point. Though they have added the red glow in addition to the strobe lights so you can see him a little better, if he is going to continue to be in B mode, I think Disney should invest in a better lighting package for him.

Maybe like, $200 dollars worth of lights, vs. a red light and a strobe light.
10 bucks more and I get a season pass to great adventure.
Really? Last year I got a Six Flags season pass for $50.

SaratogaSprings

Without the yeti, it bumps down a tier, but it's still an attraction I do over and over and enjoy everytime, just now with a twinge of disappointment in the final moments.

Went on EE back in August 09. My expectation was full A-mode (this was before I watched any forums) and I was greatly disappointed. I waited the whole ride for the yeti to try and knock you out of the train just to see a disco light on a stationary yeti. This is an average roller coaster, with a couple of helixes, backwards feature and a very minor drop.

Would I ride it again, Yes. But there is nothing mind blowing about this ride at this point.

In my opinion Disney will definitely fix the yeti sometime in the future. When is anybody's guess.

zjer

the strobe light dosnt cut it for me, cuz i was one of the lucky people to actually see the yeti in A mode and he/she was terrifying!

Agreed. It seems like many of the people who excuse the current state of the Yeti never rode it when it was in it's prime.

The growl and the swipe, pure magic.

Mansion Butler

Went on EE back in August 09. My expectation was full A-mode (this was before I watched any forums) and I was greatly disappointed. I waited the whole ride for the yeti to try and knock you out of the train just to see a disco light on a stationary yeti. This is an average roller coaster, with a couple of helixes, backwards feature and a very minor drop.

Would I ride it again, Yes. But there is nothing mind blowing about this ride at this point.
That's fine, we don't have to agree. I will continue to enjoy it thoroughly.

Banksy

It would be much cheaper for them to just put a real Yeti in there, the amount of times they have had to "Fix" that thing. :D

flavious27

One day in Disney Park > An entire season of Six Flags

Man-Weighing-Options.jpg

I wouldn't go to great adventure on the weekends, too crowded and way too many nyers. you do get the option of visiting 12 other six flag parks. 12 hours of fun vs 12 weeks.

Castle Cake Apologist

I cry foul! $87.33 might sound a lot at first, but think of some altenative ways to spend it.

A. Nosebleed at an NFL game
B. Good seating at a baseball game
C. Corner NBA seating
D. Dinner for 2 at melting pot
E. 2 tanks of gas
F. One way budget airline ticket
Fb. One way Greyhound Ticket
G. Lousy Seat to a major musical
H. Good Tciket to average lever musical performance
I. Nosebleed for iconic musical performe
J. One night in a budget / mid level hotel,
etc...

This list goes on and on.....The theme parks provide a heck of a lot for $87.

Where exactly are you filling up your gas tank for 43 dollars? Cuz I'm moving there.

IWant2GoNow

I think I'm giving up on this getting fixed in the near future. I just pray it is fixed by the time I take my stepson in 2014. Until then, keep your heads up and your complaints to Disney.

Disney tells stories with their rides and this one has a very lack-luster ending anymore. Sure it's still a fun coaster, but I'll head up to Cedar Point if I want coaster thrills.

C'mon, Disney! Let's get DAK back in working order! (Before/during/after a much needed expansion.)

JWG

Ugh, what a mess...
Strobe lights... it takes a lot for me to feel like our local "Valleyfair" park's theming is good. But a strobe light about does it.

Hopefully Fantasyland is the mark of the next generation of Disney and Little Mermaid meets its expectations.

MightyGitis

Bah. It's been two years since the Yeti has been in full working order. Last year I was hopeful because when we went in June it was covered. But it's back to Disco Yeti with the strobe light behind it. And don't bother asking a Disney employee, they get all antsy and avoid answering the question. Alas.

Several years now.

Haha, ride's only been open five years. It worked for three.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bah. It's been two years since the Yeti has been in full working order. Last year I was hopeful because when we went in June it was covered. But it's back to Disco Yeti with the strobe light behind it. And don't bother asking a Disney employee, they get all antsy and avoid answering the question. Alas.

Haha, ride's only been open five years. It worked for three.
The yeti went into near full time B mode around a year after opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom