Yeti indeed in new position on EE

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
For anyone who has ever been to Santa's Land in Cherokee, NC (which, by the way, if you have you're my new BFF), I'd say Primeval Whirl is on par with the Rudi Coaster. :lol:

worldfanatic

I've posted this in several locations, but I feel obligated to whenever people try to compare Six Flags to Disney in terms of coasters.

When discussing pure thrills, it's pretty easy to favor Six Flags, but when classifying coasters I like to break them down like this:

Unthemed: This is your typical steel coaster. I would argue that The Hulk and Dueling Dragons fall into this category, even though they have themed queues.

Lightly Themed: This would be a heavily exposed steel coaster that has marginal theming or an on-board audio track. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin, and X-2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain would qualify in this category

Heavily Themed: This would be most Disney "Coasters" and something like The Mummy.

For pure thrills, you're probably better off looking at the Unthemed and Lightly Themed categories, as nobody has made a Heavily themed coaster that can approach the thrill level often used as the selling point of many Unthemed and Lightly Themed coasters.

Great Post!

For me......being almost superhuman.......there's no point in trying to "get thrills".
There's not a coaster on this planet that can challenge me.:king:

Therefore, I'll stick with the "Heavily Themed" coasters Disney specializes in.

Lee

Adventurer
Got bored tonight and started thinking about Everest.
It annoyed me to the point I did something I never planned to do...I wrote a blog about it. More like a long-winded rant that may or may not make sense.

Here it is:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/blog.php?b=589

Read it if you want. Link to it. Spread it around. Maybe it'll eventually fall into the hands of someone who cares and can do something.

I actually kinda liked writing it. I may start doing it on a regular basis, so long as the consensus isn't that I suck at it too much.:lol:

IWant2GoNow

It annoyed me to the point I did something I never planned to do...I wrote a blog about it. More like a long-winded rant that may or may not make sense.

Here it is:

Read it if you want. Link to it. Spread it around. Maybe it'll eventually fall into the hands of someone who cares and can do something.

I actually kinda liked writing it. I may start doing it on a regular basis, so long as the consensus isn't that I suck at it too much.:lol:

Well done, Lee! :sohappy: I had also written a blog about it as well earlier in the month that you can see here. http://www.dispixfix.com/2010/04/is-yeti-for-everest-ing.html

Also, with your permission could I add a link to your blog in our "Fix the Yeti" group?

Buried20KLeague

Here it is:

AH... Someone with a standpoint that is backed by hard FACTS and LOGICAL REASONING. Refreshing!

Why is it that so many ignore those two things when they view WDW's parks today???

Alektronic

Here it is:

I'm going with choice B also, most people don't notice and are happy when they get off the ride. So management doesn't want to spend the money because it won't do anything to bring more money in.

mickey2008.1

Yea, it has "Disaster" in the name for a reason! :lol: To make matters worse they now tell you it's in "3D" but it's actually just a bunch of blacklight effects. :ROFLOL:
This is by far the worst themed ride ever made. Put an old worn out coaster in a warehouse and turn off the lights! great idea!:hammer: And lets not forget the effect of clothes baskets moving over you in line. Just make a try to fix the yeti. Otherwise it should be renamed to Harold and FUBAR go to universal.

IWant2GoNow

This is by far the worst themed ride ever made. Put an old worn out coaster in a warehouse and turn off the lights! great idea!:hammer: And lets not forget the effect of clothes baskets moving over you in line. Just make a try to fix the yeti. Otherwise it should be renamed to Harold and FUBAR go to universal.

:lol:

I forgot about the baskets! What a waste of electricity. There was something in one of the baskets that was completely recognizeable but it was just spray painted all black to make it seem like it was some kind of "part" to whatever it is they supposedly build in that place. What a terrible idea. Oh well, I guess they had to have at least one indoor coaster there. They have every other kind... just sucks they couldn't find a better theme for it.

mcjaco

If you have ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure and ridden El Toro, or Nitro, I would defy you to say it is a less satisfying experience then riding E:E. While I do love E:E and would possibly have a different opinion if we got the opening day version all the time, we don't so therefore the experience is downgraded. These Six Flags coasters are miles more thrilling, granted they are also miles less immersive, but if you are simply talking about how satisfied you are with an experience, I would put them on equal footing.

Six Flags coasters and Disney coasters are like comparing apples to oranges. You just can't do it.

I've posted this in several locations, but I feel obligated to whenever people try to compare Six Flags to Disney in terms of coasters.

When discussing pure thrills, it's pretty easy to favor Six Flags, but when classifying coasters I like to break them down like this:

Unthemed: This is your typical steel coaster. I would argue that The Hulk and Dueling Dragons fall into this category, even though they have themed queues.

Lightly Themed: This would be a heavily exposed steel coaster that has marginal theming or an on-board audio track. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin, and X-2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain would qualify in this category

Heavily Themed: This would be most Disney "Coasters" and something like The Mummy.

For pure thrills, you're probably better off looking at the Unthemed and Lightly Themed categories, as nobody has made a Heavily themed coaster that can approach the thrill level often used as the selling point of many Unthemed and Lightly Themed coasters.

I like the thought process, but I don't like where you've put coasters. Dueling Dragons is more themed than X-2, or California Screamin'. The queue alone, is worth a medium theme. RnRC ans Screamin would be light themed to me, as they're 1) just a black room with lit up cut outs, and two a steel coaster amde to look like a woodie.

I am not sure Primeval whirl could really be called a coaster. I would categorize it as a carnival type attraction. Its all steel exposed ride with painted with characters posted on walls.

Primeval Whirl is a spinning wild mouse coaster model which has been around for years. So, yes, in the coaster world, it is a coaster.

RSoxNo1

I like the thought process, but I don't like where you've put coasters. Dueling Dragons is more themed than X-2, or California Screamin'. The queue alone, is worth a medium theme. RnRC ans Screamin would be light themed to me, as they're 1) just a black room with lit up cut outs, and two a steel coaster amde to look like a woodie.

These are all fair points, but to me I would rather have an enhanced ride than an enhanced queue, which explains why I'd regard coasters like California Screamin' or X2 as lightly themed instead of unthemed (they both have onboard audio).

I think RnRc can be considered heavily themed but obviously it's not a perfect scale. Obviously a coaster like Thunder Mountain has better theming than RnRC, but one would be at the top of the theming for the category while the other would be at the middle to bottom of that category. It's an arbitrary process, but I do feel that such a distinction should at least be recognized.

_Scar

Are you talking about the attraction 'Disaster!'?

MonsterManX

I think it's high time we declared war on TDO. The Disney Revolutionary War, or maybe Walt Disney World War I? :lol:

Lee I never really post here but I do tend to browse the forums a LOT. I have to say the last time I was in WDW was in 08 and that's when I finally got to ride EE. And when I went I noticed it didn't look right. Before ya know it I heard all over that when I left it wasn't working properally. Now I don't know when it actually stopped being functional but I often think I saw it before it died out. Which led me to your blog post.

Really good writing sir. I agreed with pretty much every single thing you've said. AK should be completely ASHAMED of themselves and fix all of this nonsense already. Money or not , the fans speak louder then peices of paper. Anyways great article, have an idea for you. I might be one of the more younger members here and I can honestly say this would probally gather a LOT more people's attention...

You should make a Facebook group.

Then you can widespread it all over the forums , every disney forum you can find. Post videos , pictures by the fans explaining all of this. Really get the message out there. I play this game and litterally thanks to facebook 200,000 people got the message out to the company of the game I play to involve a perticular character in it. What I'm trying to say is , if you gain the numbers with some site like that , your gareentueed a response. That's all , good blog man :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom