Yeti indeed in new position on EE

hokielutz

This is a good idea...see how many people become a fan.

No facebook page on this subject yet.... and of all the E:E groups that were created... the maximum number of fans was something in the 300 range for one group.

I might go ahead and create the group today.... and link in Lee's blog.

IWant2GoNow

No facebook page on this subject yet.... and of all the E:E groups that were created... the maximum number of fans was something in the 300 range for one group.

I might go ahead and create the group today.... and link in Lee's blog.

Let me know when you do. I'll be one of the first to join that one.

Crazy Harry

These are all fair points, but to me I would rather have an enhanced ride than an enhanced queue, which explains why I'd regard coasters like California Screamin' or X2 as lightly themed instead of unthemed (they both have onboard audio).

Ok, I can see the logic there, but if you are going to create an objective scale that others will recognize, then personal feelings should be removed. Personally, I beleive that the queue is a part of the ride. A basic coaster does not usually need an immersive queue where as an immersive ride needs an immersive queue. For instance, imagine that the queue for Space Mountain was not themed at all, but rather it was simply a white drywall tunnel with bright lights the entire way. This would detract from the experience of the ride.

However, I do beleive there should be a distinction between a space mountain and a dueling dragons. You could have a "hybrid" category for rides with a great queue (dueling dragons), yet virtually no on ride themeing. I would put this category between lightly themed and heavily themed.

hokielutz

Let me know when you do. I'll be one of the first to join that one.

Ok the race is on.... the facebook page/group is up.

Anyone feel free to join in and share news information, pictures, etc. also promote and feel free to offer suggestions of ways to improve the group page.
Also, if you have a better title for the group, then I am open to that

Title of the facebook group:
Disney Fans who want the Yeti Fixed

jrlang1

Anyone feel free to join in and share news information, pictures, etc. also promote and feel free to offer suggestions of ways to improve the group page.

Thank you for making the group. I wounder how big of a grass roots movement will be needed before disney takes any action.

hokielutz

Thank you for making the group. I wounder how big of a grass roots movement will be needed before disney takes any action.

It will probably require the same level of pressure brought to bear that happened when Pleasure Island was shuttered.... I can't say that one facebook group, or fan sites on here will do it.... but pushing the word out to the Disney Guest Relations team from these sites is important.... so they know that there is an active undercurrent of dissatisfaction, disgust, etc...

I guess I am kinda to the same point that Lee was when he wrote his blog post... I didn't like how the Yeti has been motionless in a completely pitch black cave... but as the three years have passed... the issue is really rubbing me raw to the point that talking on this fan site is not enough for me. So now the group that I created, was my very first facebook group.

SeanC

Sad it's not been fixed but even more ridiculous that they can't even keep it in a true B-mode. Was on this weekend and the Yeti is doubled over, the lighting is almost non-existant and the strobe is weak and infrequent. I had seen the Yeti many times in its full glory but also in its original B-mode- standing tall and majestic in its cove above the tracks, wind blowing, strobe flashing. Not close to the hulking train swiping mass of speed of A-mode, but impressive nonetheless. NO WAY ANYONE COULD NOTICE HIM NOW IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW TO LOOK.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sad it's not been fixed but even more ridiculous that they can't even keep it in a true B-mode. Was on this weekend and the Yeti is doubled over, the lighting is almost non-existant and the strobe is weak and infrequent. I had seen the Yeti many times in its full glory but also in its original B-mode- standing tall and majestic in its cove above the tracks, wind blowing, strobe flashing. Not close to the hulking train swiping mass of speed of A-mode, but impressive nonetheless. NO WAY ANYONE COULD NOTICE HIM NOW IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW TO LOOK.

It's pretty much at the point where the cave may as well just be in pitch black. Like you say, most people are not even going to see the doubled-over figure in there.

MonsterManX

This is a good idea...see how many people become a fan.

Just remember , the more you spread it accross forums and websites and such the bigger and greater the chance someone in a big position can read it. It's all about spreading it towards the masses. If you don't , it's an instant fail. Is there a facebook link in your signature? Or do you want me to just type it in on the site :p. Just joined it. I think you should call it something like "Expedition Yeti" or something funny like that.

Anyways yeah just spread it!

IWant2GoNow

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I'll have to join it after work as I can not get on Facebook here. But thanks for setting it up! I'll be sure to send out suggestions to some of my Dis-nerd friends.

hokielutz

It's pretty much at the point where the cave may as well just be in pitch black. Like you say, most people are not even going to see the doubled-over figure in there.

How often are the strobes flashing?? the last time I rode it in December.... the flashes were pretty infrequent as the coaster zoomed by.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Link away.:wave:
Nicely written Lee. Well said.

That crotch photo is probably the most depressing thing I have seen on Disney property of Disney owned property. I really dont even know why they have the show lights on.

I think is more disgraceful then the yeti being broken. It is like laughing and pointing at someone's funeral. Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom