Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

Supermatt70

I hope that this doesn't come off bad, but...

You know, not one person on this thread, or visiting the park for that matter, has stopped by Guest Relations to to complain about the Yeti. Not one! The only way this will be taken seriously is if park leaders start to see comments from Guests forwarded from Guest Relations or Guest Communications to their inboxes everyday.

If you want to see the Yeti fixed, tell Disney...not WDWMagic. :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope that this doesn't come off bad, but...

You know, not one person on this thread, or visiting the park for that matter, has stopped by Guest Relations to to complain about the Yeti. Not one! The only way this will be taken seriously is if park leaders start to see comments from Guests forwarded from Guest Relations or Guest Communications to their inboxes everyday.

If you want to see the Yeti fixed, tell Disney...not WDWMagic. :rolleyes:
Waste of time. Put it in snail mail writing, and follow up with email. GR is just a front now that won`t take the message further if they can`t deal with it at the desk.

I realise what the yeti effect is and how it doesn't work, but what exactly is the bird effect that people go on about not working. I've only ever been on E:E once and it was about 4 years ago. :shrug:

BrerFrog

I realise what the yeti effect is and how it doesn't work, but what exactly is the bird effect that people go on about not working. I've only ever been on E:E once and it was about 4 years ago. :shrug:

I have never seen it, but according to some pics I saw it simply is a bird on a stick. When you are facing the broken tracks you can hear a bird-like sound effect right before the trains starts going backwards (if I am not mistaken) and that sounds awfully out of place when you don't see any birds around.

*sits back and patiently waits for someone to correct this information*

Ziffell

Is that it? Just a bird that pops out. Was it that a good effect in the first place?

No not at all. It is one effect on EE that a lot of people make fun of because it just looks so cheap and fake. Now there are those on here who will argue that it is actually quite a sophisticated effect and that it requires all kinds of advanced machinery to make it do a simple thing. But my answer to that is at the end of the day what matters is the end result, and how it looks to the guests. It doesn't really matter how much money it cost to do it, or what's happening behind the scenes... if it looks lame, it looks lame.

KYMouseFan

That was pretty much it...bird on a stick...kind of distracts you for a few seconds while they switch the tracks...guess they don't expect guests to see a bird up high in the mountains...or it could be the bird of death (warning the Yeti is near. :shrug:

Ziffell

OK cool - I thought there might have been something great about it, or is it just another thing to add to the list of faults?[/QUOTE]

It's more a thing where you kind of scratch your head and you think, Huh? They spent all that money on this attraction and this is the best thing they could come up with at this point in the ride? Really??

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Now there are those on here who will argue that it is actually quite a sophisticated effect and that it requires all kinds of advanced machinery to make it do a simple thing.
Huh? I don't understand how anything as pathetic as that bird could be remotely "sophisticated."

SleepingMonk

2sbstva.jpg

BigThunderMatt

Wasn't the bird effect originally supposed to be yours 1st of multiple yeti encounters? Not necessarily full-body but, like, an arm or something? And then later on in development the multiple yeti encounters idea was dropped? I know Shadow of the Yeti was originally going to be much more than a shadow...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom