Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

IWant2GoNow

I'm very disappointed to hear that the Yeti isn't fully functioning. Rode E:E when it first opened and thought it was the best ride I've ever been on, in part because of the Yeti. I'm heading down in August and really hope it's repaired.

On another note, I was unsure about one of the acronyms used in someone's post. I believe it was on page 5 of this thread. LoW? I am new to the forum and have picked up on most of them but this one is baffling me.

I would be thrilled if it was fixed for your trip, but unfortunately I wouldn't put any money on it. :(

LoW is Lights of Winter. It's a special lighting display at Epcot that they apparently didn't put up this year. Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm very disappointed to hear that the Yeti isn't fully functioning. Rode E:E when it first opened and thought it was the best ride I've ever been on, in part because of the Yeti. I'm heading down in August and really hope it's repaired.

On another note, I was unsure about one of the acronyms used in someone's post. I believe it was on page 5 of this thread. LoW? I am new to the forum and have picked up on most of them but this one is baffling me.
Lights of Winter. This is the set up of dancing lights between future world and world showcase that was missing last year.

Ziffell

Actually the whole point WAS that you second guess yourself about what you saw. To leave some mystery about the experience than have it all be exposition. To quote one of the Imagineers: "When you first see the Yeti, you won't really know what you'll be seeing. It'll be this fast, ferocious blur of hair and nails, and you'll have to go back several times..."

I appreciate the attempt to do something ambitious, but this explanation has always seemed a little too high-concept for a theme park attraction. Especially when all the publicity was focused on how impressive the Yeti AA is.

I've always felt that way too. It's never really added up for me that a supposedly "advanced" AA wouldn't be more prominent. For the length of time that you get to see it, there is really no need for it to be all that advanced. I sometimes wonder if it truly is as sophisticated as we've been lead to believe.

All that aside, I've never really considered the Yeti sighting at the end to be the highlight of the attraction. So for me personally, I don't think you're missing much by not having the Yeti in A mode. Now if the shadow scene were missing, that would be a different story. That would subtract from the attraction in a big way. One thing that I think would have been better about the Yeti sighting at the end would be if they'd set it up so that you come around a corner and he's right there! Or if they'd put him just inside the tunnel so that you'd get that shock of seeing him out of nowhere. That's the way the Yeti appears on the Matterhorn. And to this day, it works well I think!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

Check out http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

LoW is Lights of Winter http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Lights-of-Winter.htm

ryno1982

It takes one VP willing to bite the bullet and shut down E:E and let the imagineers fix the problem correctly.

While I agree the ride must be fixed, you know exactly what would happen if they did that. Just look at the response on here when they closed SSE, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain for extended periods. "That's during our trip! This is ridiculous. Why would they do this?" Disney really can't win in this case.

WDWExplorer

Banned
just rode it today... it is very much the same yeti, and it's in the same exact position that it always has been......

fan-boi wishing is the only thing happening guys... no change on the ride itself..\\

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I agree the ride must be fixed, you know exactly what would happen if they did that. Just look at the response on here when they closed SSE, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain for extended periods. "That's during our trip! This is ridiculous. Why would they do this?" Disney really can't win in this case.
Unfortunately management looks at it in the same way. They forget that after that 6 months they get a properly working attraction and fewer guest complaints. There is no good time for a shut down but everyday they wait the problem only gets worse.

RiversideBunny

Maybe this guy could help with the Yeti-

"PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA -- Police say they charged a Pennsylvania man with public drunkenness after he was seen trying to resuscitate a dead opossum along a highway."

He could have unknown skills that would be usefull at WDW.
:)

IWant2GoNow

Maybe this guy could help with the Yeti-

"PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA -- Police say they charged a Pennsylvania man with public drunkenness after he was seen trying to resuscitate a dead opossum along a highway."

He could have unknown skills that would be usefull at WDW.
:)

Wow... :lol:

Wonders never cease, but if this drunken fool can "breathe life" back into the Yeti, I'm all for it. Could you imagine someone trying to resuscitate the Yeti? Hilarioius!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom