Y'all should ...

Lee

Adventurer
Go read Spirit's thread that was very wrongly moved to Trip Reports. He touches on a lot of it in there.
(Mods...move that thread back where it belongs, in N&R, please.)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Simple really...you merely have to be able to pile BS higher than anyone else and occasionally be correct in your guessing. Oh, yea...a massive dose of narcissism is a definite plus.
You are only talking about a certain wannabe ...not our many real sources.

You have to be able to read between the lines to know who is full of it and who knows from whence they speak.

Back-tracking and prognosticating does not make one an insider.

Clever Name

You have to be able to read between the lines to know who is full of it and who knows from whence they speak.

That's right. Guessing correctly twice in a row is what makes one an insider around here.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Here's a post over at themeparkinsider about the whole star wars VS Potter franchise debate. interesting stuff.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201210/3221/. He's got a point specifically if disney was to go ahead with Avatar, if done correctly it could be something special.
Interesting point...in 1936 Walt tried to get rights to Peter Rabbit but Beatrix Potter declined because of marketing rights.

I wonder if this avenue has been readdressed.

Goofyernmost

You are correct, however, the condescending posts from those that ARE supposedly in the know just reek of ego. To say that "I am not at liberty to say" when you have already baited your audience is nothing more than saying..Naner, Naner, Namer...I know something you don't! And that my friend is pure unadulterated ego. It turns me off to the message and frankly for the most part I just stop having any interest in the discussion. But that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

I know I have hung on to this thread longer than usual but that was mostly because I was interested in the responses more then the message.

bubbles1812

Here's a post over at themeparkinsider about the whole star wars VS Potter franchise debate. interesting stuff.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201210/3221/. He's got a point specifically if disney was to go ahead with Avatar, if done correctly it could be something special.

I agree very much that he has a point. I'm one of those who found the movie itself to be very "meh" but I was impressed with the world that was created. Recreate that world to the extent that modern technology can and I think it could be amazing. Unfortunately in this day and age, I don't think Disney is willing to spend the money to do it correctly though. It's sadly why I'm thankful Potter ended up at Universal rather than Disney. I don't think Disney would have done half the things Uni did. Is Disney capable of doing what Uni did? You bet. Again, I just don't think they would have spent the money. Disney is just really really good at scaling down projects...

jam814

I agree very much that he has a point. I'm one of those who found the movie itself to be very "meh" but I was impressed with the world that was created. Recreate that world to the extent that modern technology can and I think it could be amazing. Unfortunately in this day and age, I don't think Disney is willing to spend the money to do it correctly though. It's sadly why I'm thankful Potter ended up at Universal rather than Disney. I don't think Disney would have done half the things Uni did. Is Disney capable of doing what Uni did? You bet. Again, I just don't think they would have spent the money. Disney is just really really good at scaling down projects...
I have to agree with you. it's a shame that this is where Disney is theses days especially TDO, but hopefully this changes with the pressure of the detailed potter and the success of carsland. plus while i'm not all that interested in the new fantasyland due to it being mostly M&G, i must say judging from the pictures the details and themeing looks very well done. hopefully this carries over into all the new projects TDO has on the table. also the interactivity and new tech used in the FTE really seems like it will enhance the experience even if there is only one or two new attractions.

DisneyFan 2000

To say that "I am not at liberty to say" when you have already baited your audience is nothing more than saying..Naner, Naner, Namer...I know something you don't! And that my friend is pure unadulterated ego. It turns me off to the message and frankly for the most part I just stop having any interest in the discussion. But that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

I know I have hung on to this thread longer than usual but that was mostly because I was interested in the responses more then the message.
I'd rather have that and get some good speculation going rather than wet myself for the huge M&G that is the FL expansion. Honestly, aside from a D-Ticket clone we're not getting much else these days so speculation on future projects is both fun and gives a bit of hope that the grand ship is course-correcting and is on track once again. Also I'm sure most these insiders share all they can when they can, it's just a matter of patience. Usually that "naner naner naner" you mentioned leads to some more concrete info later on (see 74's new thread as proof of that). Think of it as a nice teaser trailer before the big opening... ;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Simple really...you merely have to be able to pile BS higher than anyone else and occasionally be correct in your guessing. Oh, yea...a massive dose of narcissism is a definite plus.

Hey are you the old dude who lives in a state that's near Canada and used to hang out in the LP? If so, welcome to a forum that isn't dead.

And while I've missed this thread as it has grown (I am so good at getting threads like this to pop ... poor Eddie Sotto can only do it on one!:D), I sincerely hope it has been about things other than me ... and we all KNOW I'm about as big a narcissist as one can find and I'm actually mellow these days do to all the Pixie Dust (and booze ... mostly booze).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hey are you the old dude who lives in a state that's near Canada and used to hang out in the LP? If so, welcome to a forum that isn't dead.

And while I've missed this thread as it has grown (I am so good at getting threads like this to pop ... poor Eddie Sotto can only do it on one!:D), I sincerely hope it has been about things other than me ... and we all KNOW I'm about as big a narcissist as one can find and I'm actually mellow these days do to all the Pixie Dust (and booze ... mostly booze).

A mellow , how unique.

Goofyernmost

There's only one Goofyernmost and I'm it! So the answer to your question is yes. I, however, no longer live close to Canada but currently reside in sunny North Carolina...probably for the duration being the "old dude" that I am.:( Your continuous reference to anything Spirited kind of identifies you as well.:)

CBOMB

I'll vouch for 74's narcissist tendencies.

Clever Name

To be fair, I've guessed in a row correctly much more than twice ... but you've got it all figured out ... that's what make you sooooo clever!
You are just one of many insiders that share information on this forum. In particular, you have the habit of basing your information on facts. Facts are stubborn things. Your guesses are good too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom