Y'all should ...

The Empress Lilly

Yes, I'd wish they would build an Indy ride, and I'd move to Central Florida if they build a SW land, but I'm not holding my breath either one will see the light of day if it is not now, as part of the overhaul of DHS that seems to be on the agenda.

Taylor

Yes, I'd wish they would build an Indy ride, and I'd move to Central Florida if they build a SW land, but I'm not holding my breath either one will see the light of day if it is not now, as part of the overhaul of DHS that seems to be on the agenda.
You never know a leader who knows what he or she is doing and has a passion for Disney could green light SW land one day

John

In the spirit of your post, do you think will they improve and/or expand Carsland or will we get a stripped down version? Luigi's tires seems to be a bit of a mess. Will they just strip that out or try to make it better? I am assuming we will be getting a relatively close clone of RSR and Maters junkyard. Is there any possibility of any additional Cars rides or shows not in CA? Anything based on the sequel which was not out yet when the DCA Carsland was designed? I hope that if the rock work is scaled down it doesn't take too much away from RSR and the land overall. We have seen in the Carsland thread that the entire land would fit into the back corner of DHS so I hope they don't give us the stripped down version to try to cut costs.

IMO I hope that they somehow "one up" Cali's edition. No matter what they do they need to knock this one out of the park. TDO has taken a hit with what is going on at Uni.....this we (and TDO) can not deny. Also even though we are generally impressed with FLE it hasnt went over as big as they thought it would. It has been accepted luke warm at best. No...Burbank heard the thud of the boy wizard 3000 miles away. They are going to answer back. Anything "scaled down".....smaller.....shorter......etc. aint gonna get it. As we all know there is more in the UNI pipeline.....Disney knows this also. It isnt going to be a matter of....."can we afford this" it is a matter of "we cant afford not to". This time they are being forced to "go big or go home"

Rock Work? I suspect that DHS has as much room as needed and then some. Luigi's Tires? with the problems they have had in DL I wouldnt be surprised if they leave this one out and opt for something else. That something else is the X factor.....what else? Who knows? If the rest of the land is top notch, I wouldnt have a problem with something lesser. We also have to keep in mind that CL will not be the only change to DHS. There are other issues to be adressed and as you know that will take some money. If they give this park the love CA recieved it could be HUGE for WDW. It certianly help with crowd issues at MK.

I just hope EPCOT will be next on the "Love" list. Talk is AK is next in line.....I guess that is the reality of it when you have four parks.....only so much money.

Taylor

When I think about Star Wars and Indy, I'm not thinking of the age of the franchise but how awesome and amazing the franchise is. And how I want to experience more of it. They would make a lot of people happy with expansion to SW and an Indy ride.
Yeah I would probably have a mini-stroke if it was announced it would be that awesome. Disney makes a ton of money off of Star Wars merch from ONE ride imagine a whole land how much merch they would sell

GoofGoof

Premium Member
IMO I hope that they somehow "one up" Cali's edition. No matter what they do they need to knock this one out of the park. TDO has taken a hit with what is going on at Uni.....this we (and TDO) can not deny. Also even though we are generally impressed with FLE it hasnt went over as big as they thought it would. It has been accepted luke warm at best. No...Burbank heard the thud of the boy wizard 3000 miles away. They are going to answer back. Anything "scaled down".....smaller.....shorter......etc. aint gonna get it. As we all know there is more in the UNI pipeline.....Disney knows this also. It isnt going to be a matter of....."can we afford this" it is a matter of "we cant afford not to". This time they are being forced to "go big or go home"

Rock Work? I suspect that DHS has as much room as needed and then some. Luigi's Tires? with the problems they have had in DL I wouldnt be surprised if they leave this one out and opt for something else. That something else is the X factor.....what else? Who knows? If the rest of the land is top notch, I wouldnt have a problem with something lesser. We also have to keep in mind that CL will not be the only change to DHS. There are other issues to be adressed and as you know that will take some money. If they give this park the love CA recieved it could be HUGE for WDW. It certianly help with crowd issues at MK.

I just hope EPCOT will be next on the "Love" list. Talk is AK is next in line.....I guess that is the reality of it when you have four parks.....only so much money.

I agree this needs to be at least equal to the DCA version.

Does anyone know if there were any potential rides that got cut from the DCA Carsland plans? Anything that maybe could replace Luigi's Tires? Maybe they could just put in a dumbo style spinner themed around Cars or Cars2. It would fill the need for another ride in DHS with no height restrictions.

John

Yeah I would probably have a mini-stroke if it was announced it would be that awesome. Disney makes a ton of money off of Star Wars merch from ONE ride imagine a whole land how much merch they would sell

Somewhere someone knows why the Star Wars golden ticket hasnt been cashed. I just havnt figured this one out. They still sell SW merch at toy stores. Forget how old it is......it has a huge following. I always say....follow the money. You want to talk about staying power.....Lets see what the wizard boy does in forty yrs.

Atomicmickey

They only need him if they go forward with avatar, a lot of people have a very bad taste in their mouth right now. Both sides are not happy with the outcome if avatar ever does see the light of day in any form it will be a huge show of Cameron's willpower to get his product into the themepark market. As of right now it has about as much a chance as a snowball in hell

Have things changed since last week? You seemed more optimistic, then . . . .

doctornick

In the spirit of your post, do you think will they improve and/or expand Carsland or will we get a stripped down version? Luigi's tires seems to be a bit of a mess. Will they just strip that out or try to make it better? I am assuming we will be getting a relatively close clone of RSR and Maters junkyard. Is there any possibility of any additional Cars rides or shows not in CA? Anything based on the sequel which was not out yet when the DCA Carsland was designed? I hope that if the rock work is scaled down it doesn't take too much away from RSR and the land overall. We have seen in the Carsland thread that the entire land would fit into the back corner of DHS so I hope they don't give us the stripped down version to try to cut costs.

One thing I expect is Ridemakerz to be housed in one of the retail shops (I believe it was intended for Sarge's originally in DCA but backed out). In DLR, they have a store in Dowtown Disney walking distance from Carsland, but in Orlando it's not particularly close to get to the Downtown Disney there and the store. Plus, they have supposedly been making a ton of money with the Cars themed stuff in Anaheim, so it's a nature fit.

I agree this needs to be at least equal to the DCA version.

Does anyone know if there were any potential rides that got cut from the DCA Carsland plans? Anything that maybe could replace Luigi's Tires? Maybe they could just put in a dumbo style spinner themed around Cars or Cars2. It would fill the need for another ride in DHS with no height restrictions.

An easy replacement would be to put in a teacups ride with tires at Luigi's. Even make it two rings to increase capacity.

twebber55

first rule of thumb in theme park rumors....is everything is fluid and can change quickly
sept '11 avatar annunced
january '12 avatar not happening
april '12 avatar happening with smaller land just one ride
june '12 avatar back on
aug '12 balloons spotted at DAK
sept '12 avatar off the table CL coming
as disappointed as i am not getting pandora in DAK im excited for carsland

M.rudolf

Yes the infighting has gotten much worse. Cameron has decided before he can focus on pandora he wants the films in the can. Also Disney doesn't like the new story, I don't think anyone at Disney actually watched avatar before they began. Iger looked at the numbers and the name behind the project, checked put a couple visuals and said let's do it

El Grupo

Somewhere someone knows why the Star Wars golden ticket hasnt been cashed. I just havnt figured this one out. They still sell SW merch at toy stores. Forget how old it is......it has a huge following. I always say....follow the money. You want to talk about staying power.....Lets see what the wizard boy does in forty yrs.

IIRC, some of the insiders previously shared that Lucas has previously not responded favorably to proposals regarding the expansion of the Star Wars franchise at the parks with more attractions.

John

Yes the infighting has gotten much worse. Cameron has decided before he can focus on pandora he wants the films in the can

This would change the entire dynamic of the deal. Given his track record of perfection and the lenth of time it will actually take to make the movies......Pandora/AK......yea has very little chance. By the time these movies are "in the can" So much will have changed........includeing a (spirited) change at the top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom