Y'all should ...

Beholder

Very exciting, especially with that 2015 construction time line. Hope that's true.

Another consideration for an AK property could be Alice In Wonderland, but I'd still prefer something original. Not everything has to be tied to movie.

Goofyernmost

Why is everyone so concerned that it is a clone. If it is in California, as far as I am concerned, it doesn't exist. I can't get to Cali. and I want to be able to experience it. They are three thousand miles away from each other. It's not like you walk out the exit and two doors down, there it is again. Unless they turn it into a Starbucks franchise it is fine to have one on each coast.

doctornick

I agree this is a WAY underrated movie. I think animal kingdom would do well with a section of the park with rides on some of the popular ANIMAL disney movies that we never get much of like Jungle Book, Bambi, Brave, Recuers, Brother bear, and some others as well

I've said this before as well. A "critter country" focusing on the cartoon animals of Disney -- of which there is a ton -- would fit in thematically to the park and have the kind of cross-promotion that Disney loves.

doctornick

I'm still hoping one day for the Dino carnival to be torn down and a new massive scale flume ride built in its place through extinct species.

I'd much rather see Disney focus on building additional land and increasing capacity than replacing existing attractions. I'm no particular fan of Dinorama but why not have that and whatever additional attractions could be build on the myriad of undeveloped land in DAK. TDO should focus on making increasing the total attractions at DAK, extending the hours and adding a nighttime show. Then they can replace subpar attractions.

PurpleRose

Another thing why not use an existing propery. Like going to Lucas and saying hey I know we've had our differences but star tours really is only the tip of the iceberg would you like to try to make a true lucasland and show potter,universal and the world the true power of the force
This. I want this.

Beholder

Carsland and doubtful on Avatar? Sounds good to me. Though I may have mentioned this before on another thread, I like also throw The Island of Doctor Moreau into the mix of possible Avatar replacements. Great story, good for thrills, edgy, and retains a huge link to the animal kingdom, albeit in a twisted way. I'd love to explore a "land" populated with human-animal hybrids on lose, hell bent on our destruction. Maybe toned down, but, you know, still cool.

ChrisM

Carsland and doubtful on Avatar? Sounds good to me. Though I may have mentioned this before on another thread, I like also throw The Island of Doctor Moreau into the mix of possible Avatar replacements. Great story, good for thrills, edgy, and retains a huge link to the animal kingdom, albeit in a twisted way. I'd love to explore a "land" populated with human-animal hybrids on lose, hell bent on our destruction. Maybe toned down, but, you know, still cool.

"What is the law?!"

I think you've gone off the deep end with this suggestion, B. That's pretty much the most simultaneously sinister and disturbing property I could imagine for a theme park. You'll have to content yourself with the South Park version and, perhaps, your very own five-a$$ed monkey.

Beholder

"What is the law?!"

I think you've gone off the deep end with this suggestion, B. That's pretty much the most simultaneously sinister and disturbing property I could imagine for a theme park. You'll have to
content yourself with the South Park version
and, perhaps, your very own five-a$$ed monkey.

Yeah, I guess "sinister" and Disney don't exactly go together. I do tend to drift towards darker elements. I mean, I'd love to see H.P. Lovecraft represented in some insanity inducing, twisted attraction. But that's just me.

Ignohippo

I agree this is a WAY underrated movie. I think animal kingdom would do well with a section of the park with rides on some of the popular ANIMAL disney movies that we never get much of like Jungle Book, Bambi, Brave, Recuers, Brother bear, and some others as well

This, oh SO this!

I'll never understand why they haven't embraced these properties for Animal Kingdom. I totally understand not wanting to overdo the Disney thing, but a Jungle Book dark ride at AK would be amazing.

Scattering out those characters and properties throughout AK would really add a lot to it. And Disney wouldn't have to pay someone else for the rights!

IWant2GoNow

This, oh SO this!

I'll never understand why they haven't embraced these properties for Animal Kingdom. I totally understand not wanting to overdo the Disney thing, but a Jungle Book dark ride at AK would be amazing.

Scattering out those characters and properties throughout AK would really add a lot to it. And Disney wouldn't have to pay someone else for the rights!

Or maybe a ride like GMR except using movies like these that represent a lot of different animal species from Disney movies. Each scene could take you through a different movie with AAs & music. There could be a post show that allows you to learn exactly what species each Disney animal is molded from. They could use Robin Hood too, Pocahontas, maybe Sword in the Stone with all the different animals he changed into. The possibilities with animal Disney character properties is bountiful.

disney fan 13

Talked to a friend who says Carsland, "Yes, greenlit." Not only that, but a surprizingly robust construction timeline. For some reson they have June, 2015 as the "must be open by" date.

No way, that's That's rumored Potter opening, and since that site already has steel rising I find it highly unlikely that Disney could pull it off.

ctxak98

I've said this before as well. A "critter country" focusing on the cartoon animals of Disney -- of which there is a ton -- would fit in thematically to the park and have the kind of cross-promotion that Disney loves.
I mean...I am one of those people who dont like TOO much characters of disney other then in Magic Kingdom...However...if they still want a land at animal kingdom with characters...I think this would work better then camp minnie mickey

Ignohippo

No way, that's That's rumored Potter opening, and since that site already has steel rising I find it highly unlikely that Disney could pull it off.

Potter will be open before that, but it would make sense that they would want this open as close to Potter as possible.

It's a clone, so it's very possible. If they scale back the rock work a bit, it would be even more so.

Ignohippo

Or maybe a ride like GMR except using movies like these that represent a lot of different animal species from Disney movies. Each scene could take you through a different movie with AAs & music. There could be a post show that allows you to learn exactly what species each Disney animal is molded from. They could use Robin Hood too, Pocahontas, maybe Sword in the Stone with all the different animals he changed into. The possibilities with animal Disney character properties is bountiful.

Yes! Yes! Yes! They could even create a story with The Rescuers that would tie all of the scenes together. What about Pete's Dragon, too? And don't forget domestic animals like Lady & The Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Oliver & Co. and Aristocats. Heck, you could really have two different types of dark rides: one for mystical and one for real. It'd be great to see the Jungle Book get its own ride as well. Robin Hood would be great for a small area with archery, etc. (like they did at EPCOT for Brave).

How nice would it be to have a mini-land for attractions based on all of these movies? It would really give Fanatasyland a run for its money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom