Y'all should ...

disney fan 13

Potter will be open before that, but it would make sense that they would want this open as close to Potter as possible.

It's a clone, so it's very possible. If they scale back the rock work a bit, it would be even more so.

If they did happen to start tomorrow, I might consider it. But as of now I don't buy it.

PurpleRose

No way, that's That's rumored Potter opening, and since that site already has steel rising I find it highly unlikely that Disney could pull it off.

Are you basing that on how long it is going to take to build the mine coaster? Because I think the only reason why it's stretching out that long is fiscal sense. If Disney wanted to, they could have the mine coaster up and running way before then. I think it's possible for Cars Land to be open in 2015, if construction is expedited.

MerlinTheGoat

I'd much rather see Disney focus on building additional land and increasing capacity than replacing existing attractions. I'm no particular fan of Dinorama but why not have that and whatever additional attractions could be build on the myriad of undeveloped land in DAK. TDO should focus on making increasing the total attractions at DAK, extending the hours and adding a nighttime show. Then they can replace subpar attractions.
I'd agree in most other situations, if the attraction they were replacing was actually worthwhile. For example, i'm pretty much ok with Carsland replacing the backlot tour as well as LMA because I'm really not a fan of either existing attractions but would really see the value of Cars. On the other hand, I don't really appreciate replacing already good rides with rides that either aren't much (if any) better or meet and greets (replacing Toad with Pooh, 20k Leagues with Mermaid, Imagination with the current ride, Horizons with Space, WOM with TT, etc etc).

Don't get me wrong, I think expansion should definitely happen as well, and i'd probably agree that they should perhaps build stuff before gutting Dinorama. Specifically anything involving Lion King, Jungle Book, Up, Emperor's New Groove, Indiana Jones, etc). But the thing about Dinorama is that it's (to me) a tacky ugly blight on an otherwise gorgeous park. It sticks out like a sore thumb and really just screams cheap. It's not only taking up precious real estate that could be used for a GOOD attraction, it really clashes badly with the rest of the park (not in that cool way that Magic Kingdom pulled off, it's just ugly overall). I expect to see this kind of garbage in Kissimmee, not inside Disney World. If the couple of carnival rides were replaced by a single massive flume ride of classic Epcot caliber, I see little reason to complain. Having a multi-floor journey across the river of time through various ages of prehistoric life coupled with immensely detailed show scenes and tons of animatronic extinct animals would be incredible. Throw in 2-3 mild drops (ala POTC or Maelstrom) to give it a slight thrill factor for the kiddies as well as a respectable amount of classic Disney quality show scenes and you've got a match made in heaven IMO.

And in the meantime, expand Countdown to Extinction's show building and length to give it the proper boost it needs to not just be an Indiana Jones lite. It deserves it, I can definitely see its value underneath all of its flaws.

M.rudolf

If TDO feels AK needs some investments, why not take the Avatar money and invest it into SOME variation of Mysterious Island
Everyone involved in avatar are in a standoff. Animal kingdom will get something but I have no clue as too a timetable or what it will be. They are playing everything close to the vest. They won't allow Cameron to use the you need me card.

invader

Everyone involved in avatar are in a standoff. Animal kingdom will get something but I have no clue as too a timetable or what it will be. They are playing everything close to the vest. They won't allow Cameron to use the you need me card.

But they do need him.

John

I just cant take it anymore.....all this blue sky talk is making my head spin. There isnt going to be any Mysterious Island.....No Beastly Kingdom.....No Indy.....ITS GOING TO BE CARSLAND. There has been no indication that any of these has been considered. I know everyone has thier favorite ride, charecter etc. but why even discuss it? Heck it isnt even blue sky, its not even in the realm of possibilities. I dont want to rain on anybodys parade but instead of wishing for something else shouldnt we be discussing reality and what CL will, should consist of? Will TDO finally "fix" DHS? Folks this is what we are most likely getting.

M.rudolf

But they do need him.
They only need him if they go forward with avatar, a lot of people have a very bad taste in their mouth right now. Both sides are not happy with the outcome if avatar ever does see the light of day in any form it will be a huge show of Cameron's willpower to get his product into the themepark market. As of right now it has about as much a chance as a snowball in hell

M.rudolf

I just cant take it anymore.....all this blue sky talk is making my head spin. There isnt going to be any Mysterious Island.....No Beastly Kingdom.....No Indy.....ITS GOING TO BE CARSLAND. There has been no indication that any of these has been considered. I know everyone has thier favorite ride, charecter etc. but why even discuss it? Heck it isnt even blue sky, its not even in the realm of possibilities. I dont want to rain on anybodys parade but instead of wishing for something else shouldnt we be discussing reality and what CL will, should consist of? Will TDO finally "fix" DHS? Folks this is what we are most likely getting.
Indy has been discussed and may still be alive, as well as Star Wars but you won't here or see anything about till after Carsland

John

Indy has been discussed and may still be alive, as well as Star Wars but you won't here or see anything about till after Carsland

I have no doubt this may be the case but for now....today we know what we are dealing with. Although I am not the worlds biggest Cars fan I am happy for this addition. Hopefully the powers that be will deem fit to address other areas of the park....."while we are at it". For the time being Indy and Star Wars is blue sky stuff at best. As you know lots of things are discussed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

In the spirit of your post, do you think will they improve and/or expand Carsland or will we get a stripped down version? Luigi's tires seems to be a bit of a mess. Will they just strip that out or try to make it better? I am assuming we will be getting a relatively close clone of RSR and Maters junkyard. Is there any possibility of any additional Cars rides or shows not in CA? Anything based on the sequel which was not out yet when the DCA Carsland was designed? I hope that if the rock work is scaled down it doesn't take too much away from RSR and the land overall. We have seen in the Carsland thread that the entire land would fit into the back corner of DHS so I hope they don't give us the stripped down version to try to cut costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom