Y'all should ...

Atomicmickey

Yes the infighting has gotten much worse. Cameron has decided before he can focus on pandora he wants the films in the can. Also Disney doesn't like the new story, I don't think anyone at Disney actually watched avatar before they began. Iger looked at the numbers and the name behind the project, checked put a couple visuals and said let's do it

Eegads. How grim.

I have had mixed feelings about the franchise and DAK, but had resigned myself to a spectacular
build of a questionable franchise. I was ready to embrace it.

Now, I'm just bummed that so much time has been wasted when they could have been
developing something else.

Well, if the past few months (and this week), have taught us anything. it's "wait a while. things will change."

I just wish there were more cranes up on property, and not to build DVC or toilets.

cheezbat

While its nice DHS is getting Carsland, If nothing else changes its not really fixing anything. Basically Disney is just putting lipstick on the pig.

Now, if they add an Indy ride, two or three new shows, the Monsters Inc coaster, a couple of family dark rides and remove the sorcerers hat...then the park will be where it needs to be.

M.rudolf

While its nice DHS is getting Carsland, If nothing else changes its not really fixing anything. Basically Disney is just putting lipstick on the pig.

Now, if they add an Indy ride, two or three new shows, the Monsters Inc coaster, a couple of family dark rides and remove the sorcerers hat...then the park will be where it needs to be.
Please see my earlier post

Taylor

Eegads. How grim.

I have had mixed feelings about the franchise and DAK, but had resigned myself to a spectacular
build of a questionable franchise. I was ready to embrace it.

Now, I'm just bummed that so much time has been wasted when they could have been
developing something else.

Well, if the past few months (and this week), have taught us anything. it's "wait a while. things will change."

I just wish there were more cranes up on property, and not to build DVC or toilets.
I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to wipe the dust of off BK or Mystery island. Well if they wanted to

doctornick

Howso? Replacing LMA/Backlot with Carsland by itself is a big step up. I think the park needs more (at least the Monsters Inc coaster), but it's a huge move towards fixing the park and making it a better experience.

Mawg

Yes the infighting has gotten much worse. Cameron has decided before he can focus on pandora he wants the films in the can. Also Disney doesn't like the new story, I don't think anyone at Disney actually watched avatar before they began. Iger looked at the numbers and the name behind the project, checked put a couple visuals and said let's do it

If he didn't watch the movie and do any research other than numbers, someone should seriously be fired!

cba

... really, really hope that Carsland is coming to WDW (still working on that constantly changing situation), but it REALLY is as great as you've heard as is Buena Vista Street.

DCA is not only a quality Disney park, it is easiest one of the three best in the USA ... (oh, you know MK isn't to be assumed there, right?) RSRs is easily the best E-Ticket to come to Anaheim since Dr. Jones arrived in 1995 and better than ANYTHING that has come to WDW in the 21st century. Everything ... all the details ... from merchandise to costumes to entertainment to food and beverage (OK, don't ask ... blank napkins and three kinds of cups, plain Coke, old Disney Parks, new Halloween all being used at the same time) is top notch. I can't begin to explain just how good the product is vs what you've come to expect both at DCA and in WDW.

I did clear up one rumor regarding WDW pretty clearly that has popped up of late (and dates back to the late 90s). No, Indy is absolutely not coming to TPFKaTD-MGMS.

Also, have heard yet again that DL ENT does NOT want the MSEP Parade back, but Georgie K still thinks he can fool the same folks by bringing it back and it could return if he has his way.

Oh, got some Avatar info too. But I am so busy being wined and dined and working some and playing lots (and meeting some GREAT SoCal MAGICal folks) that that will just have to wait.:D ... it's time for Spirits of a different kind. No, I am not paying for my booze, just like I didn't pay for my DL admission.
I would like to see a few Carsland rides, but not an exact copy. Maybe add a few original Cars-themed rides.

Taylor

Um, no...I'm just glad that the chances of "Avatar" appearing anywhere in Disney are becoming slimmer, and I'm happy that Carsland is likely on its way. That is all.
I'm happy it's coming to but AK needs pandora so bad you have seen the movie right it would've been beautiful but sadly like I said AK will rot just like Epcot for the forseable future

Ignohippo

Let's clear some things up:

- The holdup with Star Wars has to be on Lucas' side. There's no way Disney would sink $500 mil into a property like Avatar and not consider Star Wars first. I've never heard what exactly the holdup is, but it's either (a) the money Lucas wants, (b) the money Lucas wants Disney to invest in the expansion, or (c) that Lucas wants Star Wars to be its own gate.
From what I understand about the development of Star Tours 2, Lucas was very accommodating. So I doubt creative control really comes into play here (besides basic approval and concepts).
It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Avatar was a way to get Lucas back to the bargaining table. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Disney buy Lucasfilm. I believe we're still 10-15 years away from that happening though.

- Disney doesn't NEED Cameron or Avatar AT ALL. They have plenty of properties they can turn to (both internally and externally) if Avatar doesn't happen.
But Cameron desperately needs Disney. If plans fall through at WDW, he's dead in the water. Uni has Potter, Transformers,Jurassic Park and Marvel. If they wanted another property, I'd think Lord of the Rings is much more proven (of course they could always pick it up just to spite Disney).
Is Six Flags going to spend $500 mil and develop something in the same league as Disney or Uni? No way. Cedar Fair? No chance.

Yensid1974

If the rumors are true about the front runner for Igers spot are true avatar is in worse trouble than any of us could realize.

Ok, obviously you can't really throw a name out there so instead of that is this person of a top position in the company now, or is it someone from outside they are looking at?

John

Let's clear some things up:

- The holdup with Star Wars has to be on Lucas' side. There's no way Disney would sink $500 mil into a property like Avatar and not consider Star Wars first. I've never heard what exactly the holdup is, but it's either (a) the money Lucas wants, (b) the money Lucas wants Disney to invest in the expansion, or (c) that Lucas wants Star Wars to be its own gate.
From what I understand about the development of Star Tours 2, Lucas was very accommodating. So I doubt creative control really comes into play here (besides basic approval and concepts).
It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Avatar was a way to get Lucas back to the bargaining table. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Disney buy Lucasfilm. I believe we're still 10-15 years away from that happening though.

None of the above....

MR....I just had to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom