Y'all should ...

jt04

Pretty much what goes on here on a daily basis. It's all cryptic messages followed by "this could all change or may not happen at all, but just believe me, I'm an insider".

We know that Jay Rasolu said recently that Pandora is happening. It is the only large capital project that is going forward for at least the next year (2014) according to TWDC. These are the facts.

This does not rule out third party investment at DTD though. Fingers crossed.

jt04

We know that Jay Rasolu said recently that Pandora is happening. It is the only large capital project that is going forward for at least the next year (2014) according to TWDC. These are the facts.

Oh yeah, it also does not rule out refurbs.

tomman710

Jay Rasulo and TWDC are ALWAYS 100% transparent and open with information ... and they NEVER announce anything they don't fully intend to support 100% ... and they NEVER announce anything that may not ever open or come to fruition.

twebber55

Jay Rasulo and TWDC are ALWAYS 100% transparent and open with information ... and they NEVER announce anything they don't fully intend to support 100% ... and they NEVER announce anything that may not ever open or come to fruition.
i agree with what your saying but we cant discount what Jay said either

tomman710

i agree with what your saying but we cant discount what Jay said either

I guess we can't discount it but on a scale of 1-100 on how much stock/faith I put into his words not being spin to shareholders ... I'd put it at 2 ... so yea it's still on the scale but I believe him as much as I believe JT ...

DougK

Who is Jay Rasolu? A neighbor of yours?

tomman710

@WDW1974

Is there any indication that you have gleaned from your sources that pinpoint general timetables? I'm not asking about opening any attractions but internally have they at least said, "let's make a decision on what we are doing at DHS and/or Pandora by X time period." (Example: We want to have this ready to announce for beginning Fiscal Year 2013 or ready to announce in January after FL opens or ready to announce at D23 ...)

DougK

Are they ever going to get rid of that Hat? Or at least move it? I mean is that actually a part of ANY of the rumors we have been hearing?

scpergj

A lot of people in O-Town want it.

The only two really successful attractions that TDO has opened in the last decade have been clones from DLR.
They don't think they can open original attractions without major problems and point to Mission Space and Expedition Everest as examples of this.

Oh, and I'm sure JT is a soil expert ... because you need lots of manure to grow things.

Dang it, you just about made me spit water all over my keyboard. My work keyboard. Good thing I'm sysadmin and have those types of things stashed...

Seriously, that was funny...

flynnibus

Premium Member
oh jeez...I didn't notice the gift cards at all while shopping. Who would even think to take them?? I can't blame Disney for not putting them out anymore.

The same people who get upset over WHICH AP card design they get.. save napkins not as a mommento but because they collect them all.. people who allow their Disney collection to overun their house..etc. The Disney-sphere is full of overly obcessive folks, and Cali is even worse.

IWant2GoNow

My assumption, just pure speculation based on Disney's track record, is that they wanted to "Disneyfy" Harry Potter way too much with the aforementioned meet and greets and assorted junk. Plus, J.K. Rowling wanted control over her property, which is something Disney probably wouldn't come to terms with. All of the leaked stories pointed to that as one of the sticking points. At least you can say Universal on here with some acceptance from a few that they really do have a quality product because there was virtually no one just a few years ago that would even go that far.

During my trip in June to WDW & IoA, we talked with a UNI employee who was stationed at the door to Olivander's & asked him why they made the shop so small. From what he said, & I'm not stating this as fact but just passing along info, JKR had extremely strict guidelines for how the shops were to be quaint & small just as they were in real life. I guess she was a big stickler for making sure the scale was perfect. When I heard this, I knew exactly why, IMO, Disney & JKR couldn't come to terms. Disney would have wanted to make sure they could accomodate as many people in those shops as possible. So Olivander's may have turned into a giant theatre on the inside for a wand show with a huge wand shop through the exit at Disney, but I'm guessing JKR vetoed anything of the sort & stuck with UNI because they needed HP. So they let JKR run with it however she wanted & it worked for them. Even though the shops & Olivander's are cramped & packed with people, this land will always seem busy because of the small scale.

I'm not saying that this land won't always be busy because it should. It's amazing. But I think Disney would have tried to make everything as big as possible to get the most people in & out as quick as can be. So IMO, JKR did it right & went with UNI.

EDIT: Just realized I put "in real life" referring to Hogsmeade. :facepalm: I meant how they were in the movies/books.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pretty much what goes on here on a daily basis. It's all cryptic messages followed by "this could all change or may not happen at all, but just believe me, I'm an insider".

It's because people talk about or interpret in-progress info as if it were final. Instead of waiting till 'the point of no return', people talk about the view as of today, as the final thing. And when things change, people get upset, because the original info is often mislabeled or simply taken the wrong way. Nevermind the real world situations of change of plans due to needs. There are many phases of a project.. and as we've seen in the past even as a project gets under CONSTRUCTION.. it can still be stopped.

baymenxpac

So basically, no one knows anything.

umm no. there are people that "know" plenty. it's just a matter of how fluid things are inside the company. and you posted essentially the same thing in the carsland thread, which was met with similar responses. read through the pages. plenty of people are familiar with the inner workings of what's going on (namely the insiders who frequent these boards).

but if by "know," you mean you want something concrete, then i guess it's this: TDO is actively pushing to get something significant done at DHS.

the what/when comes in time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Pandora is the only thing currently approved, but nothing he has said rules out something new being approved.

tomman710

Pandora is the only thing currently approved, but nothing he has said rules out something new being approved.

I'd say Pandora has been "announced" not "approved" ... "approved" indicates some sort of green light status and despite what Jay says ... the actions of the company, insider info, Cameron's hesitations about all things Avatar, and general public barometer for Avatar ... I'd highly doubt this is approved.

djlaosc

I'm sure the Iron Man ride will be cool, but I'm sad that it's like some of you have said: continuing the thematic mess that is Tomorrowland.

What's even more sad is that this will be a big awesome addition to DL, and once again the MK will miss out.

They could build the same ride and just change the theme (such as Tron/Avatar motorcycle ride) - they could potentially (depending on what the ride actually is) keep the superhero theme and go with The Incredibles.

RSoxNo1

It's because people talk about or interpret in-progress info as if it were final. Instead of waiting till 'the point of no return', people talk about the view as of today, as the final thing. And when things change, people get upset, because the original info is often mislabeled or simply taken the wrong way. Nevermind the real world situations of change of plans due to needs. There are many phases of a project.. and as we've seen in the past even as a project gets under CONSTRUCTION.. it can still be stopped.
And these are the same people pushing Disney trips on their friends and making thousands upon thousands of dollars for the company. It's a poor strategy to them off.

cheezbat

They could build the same ride and just change the theme (such as Tron/Avatar motorcycle ride) - they could potentially (depending on what the ride actually is) keep the superhero theme and go with The Incredibles.

And if it ended up in Tomorrowland at the MK that just adds to the thematic mess.

On too of that, the Incredibles had their run. The movie came out years ago and there doesn't seem to be any plans for a sequel. I loved the movie, but it's relevance just doesn't seem the same as Cars or Monsters Inc right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom