Y'all should ...

Taylor

OK, I know I sorta started this thread and all ... but can someone bring me up to date on what has been discussed in 40 pages?!?!? I need a tutorial ... now.
WDW fanboys tweeted and Tim wrote a article saying Cars was greenlit, Lee said presentations were made about a DHS project last week and TDO Burbank and WDI was attending, we talked about the proposed attractions for Avatar and that a iron man ride is coming to DL possibly. And we also made MILF jokes

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm sure the Iron Man ride will be cool, but I'm sad that it's like some of you have said: continuing the thematic mess that is Tomorrowland.

What's even more sad is that this will be a big awesome addition to DL, and once again the MK will miss out.
If Disney is going Marvel in the parks, they need to GO ALL THE WAY and buy out the Marvel rights from Uni in Florida. Then maybe well get a new toy E-ticket for either MK or DHS...

And Universal will get more money to build an awesome new land to replace Marvel Superhero Island.

C'mon, don't make me come back from my Top 1% trip and have to respond to this type of stuff.

UNI doesn't want to give up a premier franchise at the height of its popularity. Period. If I don't want to sell something at any cost, then you can't buy it. That's the circumstances with Disney and Marvel. So, step back and move on to something that actually could happen.

BTW, what is up in the WDW napkin and cup department?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
WDW fanboys tweeted and Tim wrote a article saying Cars was greenlit, Lee said presentations were made about a DHS project last week and TDO Burbank and WDI was attending, we talked about the proposed attractions for Avatar and that a iron man ride is coming to DL possibly. And we also made MILF jokes

... and don't forget numerous pages of debate with a member who says that Cars land isn't coming to DHS, isn't even being considered at this point. Personally I think the MILF jokes were the highlight. ;)

Taylor

C'mon, don't make me come back from my Top 1% trip and have to respond to this type of stuff.

UNI doesn't want to give up a premier franchise at the height of its popularity. Period. If I don't want to sell something at any cost, then you can't buy it. That's the circumstances with Disney and Marvel. So, step back and move on to something that actually could happen.

The small drink napkins say Disney parks main ones still tan. Large cups are Disney parks medium are Halloween

WDW1974

Original Poster
You sure about that?

Sure about what?

Not knowing all the discussions that have taken place? Yep, sorta why I asked.
I don't have time to read and catch up. I'm headed up to WDW shortly (because I hate it so much, as you know!)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sure about what?

Not knowing all the discussions that have taken place? Yep, sorta why I asked.
I don't have time to read and catch up. I'm headed up to WDW shortly (because I hate it so much, as you know!)

I was only joking....

Taylor

... and don't forget numerous pages of debate with a member who says that Cars land isn't coming to DHS, isn't even being considered at this point. Personally I think the MILF jokes were the highlight. ;)
Ah yes forgot about that one. And milf jokes are always the highlight:)

alissafalco

I was there from the 15-23rd, and I'm very happy to say that everywhere I went I did NOT see one coke cup. All the cups were the red Disney Parks cups or the Halloween cups. That goes for all the parks also. As for the napkins, well, yes still the brown costco napkins everywhere.

WDW1974

Original Poster

Cars has NOT been greenlit yet. ... Lee is right ... nothing's changed on Avatar fronts (any of them) ... and Iron Man could very, very, very, very, very possibly be coming to DL.

Thanks for the update. ... I want to make sure I know what are the current talking points in the very unlikely event I run into a blogger, podcaster or simple social media at EPCOT's non-event B-Day.

WDW1974

Original Poster

Dare I ask who the poster is? Should I?

I think I'm too old to appreciate the whole MILF deal. I know where it comes from, but I just don't giggle at it ... I snicker more when I check in for a few days at Disney's Resort, but that's just me.

Taylor

Cars has NOT been greenlit yet. ... Lee is right ... nothing's changed on Avatar fronts (any of them) ... and Iron Man could very, very, very, very, very possibly be coming to DL.

Thanks for the update. ... I want to make sure I know what are the current talking points in the very unlikely event I run into a blogger, podcaster or simple social media at EPCOT's non-event B-Day.
You are welcome and do you think cars is the most likely project. Hope you are enjoying the trip. Oh and also in the Cars thread we learned that JT is a soil expert ;)

Taylor

Dare I ask who the poster is? Should I?

I think I'm too old to appreciate the whole MILF deal. I know where it comes from, but I just don't giggle at it ... I snicker more when I check in for a few days at Disney's Resort, but that's just me.
Not who you would think it is I don't want to say the posters name

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was there from the 15-23rd, and I'm very happy to say that everywhere I went I did NOT see one coke cup. All the cups were the red Disney Parks cups or the Halloween cups. That goes for all the parks also. As for the napkins, well, yes still the brown costco napkins everywhere.

Good that we have a handle on this massive crisis!:D

I can tell you the same is going on at DLR. At one locale alone, they were using Coke cups, old Disney Parks cups and new Halloween cups. I'm sure that's all a supply issue.

I have the feeling Disney has stopped the napkins because some no-lifers are prone to grab 500 of them and take them home to their hording palaces.

One thing I noticed at DD yesterday, which sort of bothered me is Disney is (at least at DLR) not putting gift cards out on the counters any longer. Just one of each type glued to a display. They are doing this to curb people (like a friend of mine who has probably 500 of them in a weird collection) from walking off with a worthless piece of plastic. Maybe we (well, not me 'cause I'll pull out again) can have 797 posts on why taking an unactivated, non-valued Disney Gift Card is somehow theft and why we deserve Disco Yeti?

WDW1974

Original Poster
You are welcome and do you think cars is the most likely project. Hope you are enjoying the trip. Oh and also in the Cars thread we learned that JT is a soil expert ;)

A lot of people in O-Town want it.

The only two really successful attractions that TDO has opened in the last decade have been clones from DLR.
They don't think they can open original attractions without major problems and point to Mission Space and Expedition Everest as examples of this.

Oh, and I'm sure JT is a soil expert ... because you need lots of manure to grow things.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not who you would think it is I don't want to say the posters name

Someone just sent me info on said topic.

I am not looking to make another friend/enemy, but I do sense a sort of know-it-all suddenly 'tude, even if I agree with some of what was posted (and I only was linked to one post).

alissafalco

One thing I noticed at DD yesterday, which sort of bothered me is Disney is (at least at DLR) not putting gift cards out on the counters any longer. Just one of each type glued to a display. They are doing this to curb people (like a friend of mine who has probably 500 of them in a weird collection) from walking off with a worthless piece of plastic. Maybe we (well, not me 'cause I'll pull out again) can have 797 posts on why taking an unactivated, non-valued Disney Gift Card is somehow theft and why we deserve Disco Yeti?

oh jeez...I didn't notice the gift cards at all while shopping. Who would even think to take them?? I can't blame Disney for not putting them out anymore.

Taylor

A lot of people in O-Town want it.

The only two really successful attractions that TDO has opened in the last decade have been clones from DLR.
They don't think they can open original attractions without major problems and point to Mission Space and Expedition Everest as examples of this.

Oh, and I'm sure JT is a soil expert ... because you need lots of manure to grow things.
He said that the land isn't suitable for cars land even though there are two rides there already

WDW1974

Original Poster
oh jeez...I didn't notice the gift cards at all while shopping. Who would even think to take them?? I can't blame Disney for not putting them out anymore.

The bigger point, at least I think, is if someone wants something that basically has no value, you let them have it. It's part of the cost of doing business. People are going to take all sorts of things (some items that are outright theft, I do recall when I was a child having a relative witha collection of Holiday Inn towels, coffee pots -- no, not kidding, and cutlery). I do think there's a difference between theft and say ... someone taking a gift card or a room service menu ... or grabbing a bar of soap from the maid's cart on the way out. Those are just small cost of doing business deals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom