Y'all should ...

wdwfan4ver

I brought the age for a reason. While Peter Pan, Dumbo and It's a small World are older than Indiana Jones Spectacular, those attractions are timeless and it why they are still popular today.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is suffering from the same thing as the original Star Tours did. While the Franchises of Star Wars and Indiana Jones are timeless, the attractions were not timeless. The original Star Tours wasn't aging gracefully when it was replaced by Star Tours: The Adventure Continues. Stunt Shows need to have changes after a while to keep the show fresh and Disney never did that for Indiana Jones. If Disney doesn't bother updating or changing the show once in a while, they might as well get a rid of it.

The other thing to look at is how many people would see a stunt show multiple times without any changes to the show itself. Let's say if people go to WDW once every 3 to 5 years, It is likely that the person wouldn't be seeing a Stunt show every trip without changes. I didn't go to Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular every trip because there isn't an changes and I am sure a lot of people do the same thing.

djlaosc

Sorry, that's where someone might have to correct me. I wasn't entirely sure on the dates of things. I understood that they were gunning for Holidays 2014 (seems like a pretty sound strategy since Christmas is such a big time for the parks). Maybe instead they bumped it to early 2015? I hope it is done sooner rather than later. The more I hear about it the more excited I get! I will give them credit for building even at the speed they are going at the moment. Can you imagine how long it would take Disney to get that done? If Carsland is approved (or Avatar), I can't see them being done earlier that at minimum late 2016. But more likely 2017/18. If it's taking NFE, which is not even a full land this long to build, how long is it going to take for them to build a massive edition? Blah.

I hope it's done sooner rather than later (although as long as they need to make it amazing) because we currently have a trip planned for Nov/Dec 2014, so would obviously like it to be open for that (although I can only imagine the queues!)

bubbles1812

Well, Epcot's Body Wars is no longer there, and the rationale for no Indy in WDW was because of Dinosaur. Obviously, these aren't hard and fast "rules", but general guidelines. If they ever do look at Carsland, surely somebody will bring up for discussion the fact that Test Track is basically the same. In fact, pre-Carsland success WDI was almost apologetic about using the same ride system from test track in RSR.

First, "If they ever do look"... They are looking.

Second, honestly, for the average park guest, I don't think they'd even notice it was the same ride system and those who do notice wouldn't care all that much The way way way different theming between the two attractions would make it somewhat of a non-issue. Granted, I guess we'll have to wait and see what the new refurb for TT looks like, but still, totally on opposite spectrums theme-wise. The would also be in different parks. I'm sure someone would bring it up, but seriously, I don't think anyone would care. From everything that has been said, it is a great ride. I want great rides coming to Disney regardless of whether there is a similar one at another park. There are duplicates of rides everywhere in the parks.

I think the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast have more of a following than Indy given that parents still buy these DVDs for their little children, and ALL of the Disney princesses are still heavily marketed, i.e. stamped on lunch boxes and stuff . . . I know a poster here said that dads still like introducing their kids to Indy, certainly true for some families, but I think that Disney had done a better job keeping the princess brand relevant. You can walk into a Disney store and find Belle, Mermaid and Snow White stuff, but I don't see a lot of Indy t-shirts being sold.

Hey! That was me. So I'm going to address it because you clearly missed my point entirely. Obviously they have more of a following. The princess line is practically shoved down little girls throats from the day they are born. But are you seriously just going to base the popularity of something based on what is sold in the Disney store?? Going by that, Star Wars as a franchise has fallen by the wayside too. Because outside of the parks, there isn't a whole lot of Star Wars merchandise being sold (that is specific to Disney) in comparison to the princess line, or cars for that matter.

The DVDS for Indiana Jones are still being bought by people so I fail to see your point there. That's just silly. Raiders did just fine when it was rereleased into theaters recently. My point was that Indiana Jones has a significant enough following that Disney could easily justify a ride. Parents don't just introduce their children to all things specifically Disney. As I pointed out in the other post, parents introduce their kids to Indy, Star Wars, and other franchises such as Potter too. Just because something isn't quite as popular as the absolute biggest seller that Disney has, doesn't mean it can't have a ride dedicated to it. By that token that your making, Disney should really just tear down everything and make a bunch of Princess and Cars rides and call it good. Screw variety and having something for everyone. :rolleyes:

Mawg

The argument that Indy is not as relevant as Car’s or Princesses holds true for the movies and merchandise. Although my son watched the Temple of Doom before we rode the Indy ride at DL and he has been going around talking about it and humming the song for weeks now and wants a whip. But boys and girls (and a lot of us adults) still have a fascination with exploring, archeology and adventure. Whether they know much about Indy or not they still love this stuff and an Indy ride is right up the alley. For a child to feel like they are submersed in some dangerous archeological adventure, that’s just plain cool. This stuff doesn’t go away because there is some new Action Marvel Movie out, or a Pixar Cartoon out. They never stop loving the idea of exploring some tomb or ancient ruin or solving a mystery. Indy will always be relevant.

SirLink

I brought the age for a reason. While Peter Pan, Dumbo and It's a small World are older than Indiana Jones Spectacular, those attractions are timeless and it why they are still popular today.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is suffering from the same thing as the original Star Tours did. While the Franchises of Star Wars and Indiana Jones are timeless, the attractions were not timeless. The original Star Tours wasn't aging gracefully when it was replaced by Star Tours: The Adventure Continues. Stunt Shows need to have changes after a while to keep the show fresh and Disney never did that for Indiana Jones. If Disney doesn't bother updating or changing the show once in a while, they might as well get a rid of it.

The other thing to look at is how many people would see a stunt show multiple times without any changes to the show itself. Let's say if people go to WDW once every 3 to 5 years, It is likely that the person wouldn't be seeing a Stunt show every trip without changes. I didn't go to Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular every trip because there isn't an changes and I am sure a lot of people do the same thing.

Ya do know the reason why Star Tours looked old was because they failed to upgrade it over time. CGI techniques improved over time as well as better display technologies, that's the reason why - there is no nothing wrong with the stunt show, IMHO if you remove all attractions about how entertainment is produced then you've got a park with a vague suggestion of theme

twebber55

I guess that's true.

Still would be nice to have them open up Carsland and then take Indy down to be replaced by the ride though!
Last thought of the day before i go off to coach football

Just thinking out loud here... does the somewhat green light of Carsland put any pressure on James Cameron to compromise with Disney a little bit on his demands for Pandora..does it maybe make him step back and realize he may not get everything he wants

Atomicmickey

Just thinking out loud here... does the somewhat green light of Carsland put any pressure on James Cameron to compromise with Disney a little bit on his demands for Pandora..does it maybe make him step back and realize he may not get everything he wants

Why? And why would we not want him to get everything he wants, and more? That's what I'm rootin' for!

Mawg

You weren't looking, LOL. How did you manage to miss everything??? The music/soundtrack is the best part! I don't think it's too loud. The louder, the better!

Skip to 6:30. Listen to that beautiful Indiana Jones Soundtrack:

Disney Land has this? Along with Fantasmic and WoC. WDW needs to get it together, this show is awsome!

Ignohippo

The only way Avatar fits into the picture is that it's delay makes it possible for CarsLand to slide into that 2015/2016 slot perfectly. If Avatar happens, it would be their next major draw in 2018/2019.

I have a feeling both parties are to the point now where they feel they can live without each other. Cameron is certainly on the wrong side of that deal though. There aren't any other theme parks that could do his franchise any justice at all so he's pretty much stuck with what Dis has to offer or he gets nothing at all. Uni would be the only other, but why would they be interested when they have Potter, Transformers and Marvel?

To take that complete off-subject, I'd like to know if the deal with Cameron isn't partly to try to get Lucas motivated to come to the table. Not only does it say to him that they can live without him, but it has the potential to also show that they can create an immersive land based on a film property and be an example of what they could do with Star Wars.

bubbles1812

Cameron isn't going to get everything he wants, that would blow the budget sky high.
There will have to be compromise on both sides, or else....you know.
Do you think Cameron will have to let go of the motorbike roller coaster? Just don't find the land as appealing without that. Especially if you tell me they replace that with something like a spinner..

Atomicmickey

Cameron isn't going to get everything he wants, that would blow the budget sky high.
There will have to be compromise on both sides, or else....you know.

OK, so the Pandoran animals will need to be Animatronic instead of full genetically engineered
creatures. And, I concede, you will not enter the land through an actual space elevator that
takes you 60 miles up to experience the coaster in zero g.

So, we give on those two points. Now build everything else he wants! :)

Rasvar

Yes, Remember is the best firework show! It shows during the spring, Magical shows during the summer and then there are the holiday shows. You went in June, so Magical should have been showing.
I'm glad I caught Remember during both of my visits this year. I remember in January being disappointed when it started out just like Wishes and then it got really good. It is my favorite Disney firework show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom