Y'all should ...

Taylor

One of the things you have to realize about DHS ToT is that it isn't just plopped down with a small footprint in the middle of whatever land it is now in at DCA....it has an grand aura...an anticipation build up that is quite unlike any other attraction...the dense/overgrown gardens you travel through complete with the misty/fog effects they use during the summer that creates an unsettling eeriness, the crippled fountains you walk by on the terrace with the overgrown vines growing on the broken lattace work...all while 40s music with the likes of Bunny Berigan, Glenn Miller (and my favorite from the queue) Vera Lynn play with that scratchy vinyl sound that just puts you in the right place and mindset as that tower looms over you. The build-up created with DHS's ToT is Imagineering at it's best!

The only two things I would ask for to improve the attraction is (as I mentioned before) DCA's shake before you drop or launch, which would leave you guessing on which way you're going, and a more seamless transition from the 5th Dimension into the elevator shaft (it's a little noticable because it locks into place rather harshly and the shaft isn't air conditioned so its a tad (and by tad I mean it hits you like a wall) more humid in the shaft than in the 5th Dimension.
Yes these reasons make TOT my favorite ride ever

RSoxNo1

ToT is fun but Indy is in an entirely different league. I haven't ridden the Studios version but I highly doubt it would change my mind. Maybe what you grew up with has something to do with it? Or just different strokes for different folks. It's nice to hear which rides people find superior to others.

Yeah, the Autopia part confused me as well. I've heard it's better than Speedway, but come on. Let's be real.
ToT at DHS is 50% better than it's DCA counterpart.

Mawg

Maybe if the refurbs budget for magic kingdoms Space Moutain didn't get cut it would've been the other way around

Wish they could have lowered the Ht req. to 40" like they did at DL. My son loved it at DL this summer but I don't think he'll make it to 44" by June at the MK.

Taylor

Wish they could have lowered the Ht req. to 40" like they did at DL. My son loved it at DL this summer but I don't think he'll make it to 44" by June at the MK.
I think the height req is perfect my 5 year old brother rode it a few days ago and he was getting moved around WAY to much

RSoxNo1

Also of note on ToT in DHS, I discovered this on my last trip when we were stuck at the bottom of the elevator shaft before we move into position for unload. There are props to the left and right of the vehicle, and to the left of our vehicle was a manakin sitting in a barber's chair. It was absolutely terifying. I think if they could somehow have that manakin move it's head ever so slightly it would be unbelievably creepy.

ctxak98

What I want to know about avatar is how are they going to creat floating mountains? I mean this world could be the coolest thing if they can get it to look right. I am of course excited about any thrill ride disney gets but I am really actually interested in the walkthrough and seeing the different creatures! If they are AA's I will be very happy.

I really hope they take avatar over carsland just because when it comes down to it I do love the uniqueness of DL and WDW. We need something new for DHS. And a whole radiator springs racers in dhs to me still would look funny. Idk I guess we will have to see

devoy1701

Also of note on ToT in DHS, I discovered this on my last trip when we were stuck at the bottom of the elevator shaft before we move into position for unload. There are props to the left and right of the vehicle, and to the left of our vehicle was a manakin sitting in a barber's chair. It was absolutely terifying. I think if they could somehow have that manakin move it's head ever so slightly it would be unbelievably creepy.

that mannequin freaks me out every time!

ctxak98

I always get stuck right next to that creepy doll and I have always said it looks like its moving and staring at me. So creepy

ChrisM

Why does it have to be outdoors? I could see them having it indoors and hiding the track with lighting. Plus if indoors it's protected from the rain and does not have to close when raining.

I don't believe it has to be, but everything I've heard is that the proposal is for it to be outdoors. And the floating moutains are supposed to be the "weenie" for the entire land.

The Soarin 2.0 (Over Pandora) is already an indoor attraction.

Mawg

I think the height req is perfect my 5 year old brother rode it a few days ago and he was getting moved around WAY to much

I agree they are perfect for the current ride vehicles. But the ride vehicles are different at DL and my 3 year old 40" son rode if 6 times perfectly comfortably. We just never could see him in any of the ride photos. At the MK I could not picture him riding it right now since they are single rider seats.

ctxak98

I don't believe it has to be, but everything I've heard is that the proposal is for it to be outdoors. And the floating moutains are supposed to be the "weenie" for the entire land.

I heard a while back all of pandora wwould be indoors? Is that not the case anymore? To me it made sense since all of pandoras natural wildlife is nothing like ours so much of it would have to artificial.

Mawg

Giant magnets to create the flying mountains? I don't think that would work. If outdoors they will have to suspend them from the bottom. I guess that's why I always pictured them indoors suspended from the ceiling using forced perspective to make them look larger and lighting to hide the suspension cables.

PurpleRose

Oh, I'm sure it is. I'm just not a fan of drop towers, period. I'm not a fan of the stomach feeling. The theme of ToT is great but it doesn't beat Indy, IMO. That's just me.
I have a feeling I would fee the same way, if I had the option. I think ToT is great but I'm not a fan of the drop rides due to the stomach feeling. But I'm a huge Indy girl.

Mawg

Oh, I'm sure it is. I'm just not a fan of drop towers, period. I'm not a fan of the stomach feeling. The theme of ToT is great but it doesn't beat Indy, IMO. That's just me.

Neither is my son 7 and he will not ride ToT or Splash because of the drops. Speaking of my son, I just saw somewhere that you drive the Casey Jr Train? Maybe you drove it for him, he rode it like 4 times at the end of June and Indy was his all time favorite ride.

Californian Elitist

I have a feeling I would fee the same way, if I had the option. I think ToT is great but I'm not a fan of the drop rides due to the stomach feeling. But I'm a huge Indy girl.

Exactly. It took me forever to ride ToT in the first place. I remember feeling like I was floating above my seat when I first started riding it. I didn't like it at all.

I like The Twilight Zone series but I enjoy watching the Indy film more.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So does E.T. Adventure, Star Tours, Jurassic Park River Adventure and -- until recently -- Jaws... but I don't think those are better rides, either (even though I enjoy all of them).

And none of them were in the list of three attractions being compared.

Californian Elitist

Neither is my son 7 and he will not ride ToT or Splash because of the drops. Speaking of my son, I just saw somewhere that you drive the Casey Jr Train? Maybe you drove it for him, he rode it like 4 times at the end of June and Indy was his all time favorite ride.

No lie, I've only ridden Splash once. I thought I was going to fall out during that drop and it was the most horrible feeling. Not to mention I got completely soaked!

I used to work at Disneyland in Fantasyland.:) I don't work there anymore, I was a CP last year for the Fall. I didn't drive him but I'm sure one of my old co-workers did! I can see that your son really enjoyed the ride!:) I enjoyed talking to the guests more than driving one of the trains. Whenever I was stationed at Casey, I used to always ask my fellow cast member if they wanted to drive the train. It's fun after maybe three or four times but after that it would start to get irritating. Talking to the guests was much better and the song would always get stuck in my head. "Casey Jr's comin' down the track, comin' down the track, with a smokey stack..."

How did your son feel on the small drop for Indiana Jones? I would imagine he was a little afraid at first?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom