Y'all should ...

Californian Elitist

rubbish! I've ridden your beloved Indy... I don't know if I just jetlagged or something but I still to this day don't know what all of the fuss is about. I found it good, but not ZOMG!

Just goes to show you're not a part of the Disneyland Cool Club.:cool: LOL, just kidding but seriously, I don't know what you didn't see. Could be a Disneyland thing. We got it for DL's 40th birthday and at the time, we had never experienced anything like it before. Considering the entire package (the queue, the details, the ride experience, etc.), I would call it the best ride Disney has ever built, besides RSR. Clearly the hype hasn't, and will probably never die off. Hopefully it'll be even better after the refurb. You're not a horrible person for not being a huge fan!

devoy1701

It's by far the best Disney attraction stateside.

ToT any day! And by the sound of it, RSR is topping it too!

Just goes to show you're not a part of the Disneyland Cool Club.:cool: LOL, just kidding but seriously, I don't know what you didn't see. Could be a Disneyland thing. We got it for DL's 40th birthday and at the time, we had never experienced anything like it before. Considering the entire package (the queue, the details, the ride experience, etc.), I would call it the best ride Disney has ever built, besides RSR. Clearly the hype hasn't, and will probably never die off. Hopefully it'll be even better after the refurb. You're not a horrible person for not being a huge fan!

I know that comment would get ya!

I actually enjoyed Autopia and Space much more than Indy (call me crazy, I know). I just found it too jerky and too dark to really enjoy it. And when you're in the main room going over that shaky bridge, it just felt like you were in and out so fast that you didn't get time to really go "aw" over the vastness of that attraction. I will give it another go when I return of course...I'm assuming I just had an off night.

BrightImagine

Lol at the Indy conversation. I've been to DL once and got to go to Indy once. It had two lengthy stops, one in the dark, and one for a good several minutes stuck next to the Indy animatronic. Needless to say, I didn't see it at its best and I look forward to trying it again someday. I agree that the queue was cool.

Californian Elitist

ToT any day! And by the sound of it, RSR is topping it too!

I know that comment would get ya!

I actually enjoyed Autopia and Space much more than Indy (call me crazy, I know). I just found it too jerky and too dark to really enjoy it. And when you're in the main room going over that shaky bridge, it just felt like you were in and out so fast that you didn't get time to really go "aw" over the vastness of that attraction. I will give it another go when I return of course...I'm assuming I just had an off night.

Ha! ToT?! My goodness, LOL.

You've got to be kidding with the Space and Autopia comment. Please tell me you're joking? April Fools is still seven months away:D The jeep is escaping, of course you go across the bridge quickly. That's the beauty of Indy, the more you ride it, the more details you notice. I love that dang ride. The Indy portion of Remember is awesome too. But everything isn't for everyone.:)

nytimez

You've got to be kidding with the Space and Autopia comment. Please tell me you're joking? April Fools is still seven months away:D The jeep is escaping, of course you go across the bridge quickly. That's the beauty of Indy, the more you ride it, the more details you notice. I love that dang ride. The Indy portion of Remember is awesome too. But everything isn't for everyone.:)

I get at least part of where he's coming from -- because while I enjoyed the Indy ride plenty, ToT in WDW is my favorite ride in any theme park anywhere (the one in Tokyo is also good, but the one in DCA is by far the weakest of the three (I haven't been to Paris)).

Autopia, though... huh?

GLaDOS

It isn't coming, but yes....it would be a more than worthwile addition.

I will never, ever, for the life of me understand why the ride isn't in DHS, DAK, or Adventureland.

It's an INSTANTLY marketable attraction with a hugely popular and beloved franchise. Even the crappy coaster in Paris moves merch. Forbidden Eye would be a goldmine in Florida.

devoy1701

I get at least part of where he's coming from -- because while I enjoyed the Indy ride plenty, ToT in WDW is my favorite ride in any theme park anywhere (the one in Tokyo is also good, but the one in DCA is by far the weakest of the three (I haven't been to Paris)).

Autopia, though... huh?

oh cmon...Autopia is a blast! Especially when the track splits and you go "off road." So much better than Tomorrowland Speedway!

Californian Elitist

Autopia, though... huh?

ToT is fun but Indy is in an entirely different league. I haven't ridden the Studios version but I highly doubt it would change my mind. Maybe what you grew up with has something to do with it? Or just different strokes for different folks. It's nice to hear which rides people find superior to others.

Yeah, the Autopia part confused me as well. I've heard it's better than Speedway, but come on. Let's be real.

devoy1701

Autopia, though... huh?

Maybe that's the issue here? I haven't had the ability to ride it over and over...so I haven't had time to see all of the detail. I went one and done on my first trip to Disneyland and went "that's it? I didn't even get to see anything...loud music, in a cave, there's a big temple/face, shaky bridge, why did it have to be snakes, the end... did I miss something? Because that's what it felt like when I rode it?

The music and SFX were WAY loud...did I mention that?

GLaDOS

ToT is fun but Indy is in an entirely different league. I haven't ridden the Studios version but I highly doubt it would change my mind. Maybe what you grew up with has something to do with it? Or just different strokes for different folks. It's nice to hear which rides people find superior to others.

ToT in Florida is clearly superior to the other versions (IMO), but it doesn't hold a candle to Indy.

devoy1701

Yeah, the Autopia part confused me as well. I've heard it's better than Speedway, but come on. Let's be real.

The 5th dimension on our ToT puts our ToT so far above DL's, though I looooved DCA's shaking elevator before the drop that left you wondering which direction the car was heading!

ctxak98

I actually find TOT to be the best ride anywhere as well. Don't get me wrong I love indiana jones and would love for that ride to come to adventureland or dhs...animal kingdom doesn't fit that ride for me due to the fact it has dinosaur so a repeat within the same park is kinda lame. But yes indiana jones is great. Its the whole feel of tower of terror and the build up that makes it amazing. Same with many other rides. Both solid and I think cars is going to be awesome too...just wish I lked the actual movie cars

Californian Elitist

Maybe that's the issue here? I haven't had the ability to ride it over and over...so I haven't had time to see all of the detail. I went one and done on my first trip to Disneyland and went "that's it? I didn't even get to see anything...loud music, in a cave, there's a big temple/face, shaky bridge, why did it have to be snakes, the end... did I miss something? Because that's what it felt like when I rode it?

The music and SFX were WAY loud...did I mention that?

You weren't looking, LOL. How did you manage to miss everything??? The music/soundtrack is the best part! I don't think it's too loud. The louder, the better!

Skip to 6:30. Listen to that beautiful Indiana Jones Soundtrack:

nytimez

I definitely watched a lot of Twilight Zone as a kid. But I also grew up with Indy. So, I don't think that's it -- I just happen to really connect with the ToT ride, everything from the queue to the faux Serling at the end... "A warm welcome back, to those of you who made it..."

Also, to echo what devoy said, the Fifth Dimension -- and the random drop sequences -- definitely put the WDW version of ToT in a class by itself over the one in DCA. It's not a little better because of those things -- it's dramatically better, IMO.

As for Indy, it's a great ride. One of the best, certainly. But Orlando has, IMO, a similar -- and better -- ride, and it's not Dinosaur. It's the Mummy at Universal Studios (which I think is in Universal/Hollywood as well). Don't shoot me... I certainly love the Indy franchise more than the Mummy... but that Mummy ride is all kinds of awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom