XBox or PS2?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Erika
Wow! Thanks for all the input!!

I think we probably will go with the XBox (sorry, Jer).

HMPH! Fine! Go get your XBox then... and frolic around Xbox land, singing Xbox Songs, while eating your XBox candy, in your xbox mansion, while having XBox dreams, and driving your XBox car! Hmph I say, indeed! :mad:

Can ya tell I have been up for 2 days straight? :veryconfu :lol: :p :animwink:

(I may break down and by one myself actually, since they are coming down in price. Bill Gates wins again, I AM a consumer ! LOL!)

Erika

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
HMPH! Fine! Go get your XBox then... and frolic around Xbox land, singing Xbox Songs, while eating your XBox candy, in your xbox mansion, while having XBox dreams, and driving your XBox car! Hmph I say, indeed! :mad:

Can ya tell I have been up for 2 days straight? :veryconfu :lol: :p :animwink:

(I may break down and by one myself actually, since they are coming down in price. Bill Gates wins again, I AM a consumer ! LOL!)

WHOO-HOO!! Me too! :sohappy: Let's it up at the mall and stuff our faces with Auntie Anne's!

DMC-12

Originally posted by Erika
WHOO-HOO!! Me too! :sohappy: Let's it up at the mall and stuff our faces with Auntie Anne's!

:lol:

I can honestly say I have never tried there stuff... I am more of an Ann Sathers and Ms. Fields brownie kinda guy...lol

Erika

Original Poster
:lol:

I can honestly say I have never tried there stuff... I am more of an Ann Sathers and Ms. Fields brownie kinda guy...lol

Ohhhhhh, you should. I like hte plain ones. DRIPPING with butter :slurp:

darthdarrel

I much prefer PC! The graphics are far superior then any console on the market, including X Box, which by the way is the best console on the market. I am playing Star wars galaxies and the the graphics are OUT OF THIS WORLD! :lol: :D
And Erika I hate to say this but I do not like Auntie anns Soft pretzels, but my brother Michael loves them!:lol:

DMC-12

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I much prefer PC! The graphics are far superior then any console on the market, including X Box, which by the way is the best console on the market. I am playing Star wars galaxies and the the graphics are OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Yeah... but the games on PC are such HUGE resource hogs... yikes... then you have to get a high end card to play the games you want... then in a months time when a new game comes out... It turns out your PC is not up to spec with the games requirements... and then you have to do a a HUGE memory upgrade, buy a new card... or just trash your 6 month old PC, and get a new one... to play the newest games out on PC.... Been there, done that, I will stick to consol game playing, thank you very much! LOL! :wave:

Erika

Original Poster
Yeah... but the games on PC are such HUGE resource hogs... yikes... then you have to get a high end card to play the games you want... then in a months time when a new game comes out... It turns out your PC is not up to spec with the games requirements... and then you have to do a a HUGE memory upgrade, buy a new card... or just trash your 6 month old PC, and get a new one... to play the newest games out on PC.... Been there, done that, I will stick to consol game playing, thank you very much! LOL! :wave:

LOL JER!! The game's not out for PC anyway, so no worries there. :p

darthdarrel

I have a high end graphics card and memory thank you very much! :p :lol: :animwink:

DMC-12

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I have a high end graphics card and memory thank you very much! :p :lol: :animwink:

Oh, same here..... I maxed out the memory from the factory on the new DeLL laptop when I orded it.... but most of the stuff I do is web based anyway... so no need for a High Performance PC desktop unit right now...

And how often do you have to upgrade and get a new memory or card? Or... get a new pc to handle the graphics, 3D, audio, etc... :confused:

imagineer99

And how often do you have to upgrade and get a new memory or card? Or... get a new pc to handle the graphics, 3D, audio, etc... :confused:

About around the same time as when a new video game system comes out...

Updating technology is the same with both consoles and PC.

In a few years X-box will be considered "garbage" and both companies will have a brand new system that will cost $300!:D Around that time, my "high end" pc will need to be updated.

Erika

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer99
About around the same time as when a new video game system comes out...

Updating technology is the same with both consoles and PC.

In a few years X-box will be considered "garbage" and both companies will have a brand new system that will cost $300!:D

And normally, that's the time I would buy it :lol:

I don't thikn any of our systems cost more than $25, because we bought them all after they were old & stinky.

darthdarrel

Oh, same here..... I maxed out the memory from the factory on the new DeLL laptop when I orded it.... but most of the stuff I do is web based anyway... so no need for a High Performance PC desktop unit right now...

Imagineer99 is right! about the time that they come out with a new console, it`s time to get a new card and memory! :D
Right now I have a GforceFX 5900 graphics card and a Gig of Ram, so I`m good to go for a while :sohappy:
and I never get a new PC, I build my own PC So I just upgrade, the next thing I`m getting is a new motherboard and proccessor I don`t need a new harddrive cause I allready have a 180 GIG harddrive and it`ll be awhile before I fill that up .I hope:lookaroun

JackSkellington

I would just wait. Since both systems have been out at least two years. And the Xbox just shaved off $30 on its retail value. There is a very good chance they are going to put new systems on the market around Christmas time. The PS3 is already in progress and so is the Xbox2. And Nintendo is supposedly making a GameSphere. We wont know until May with the E-3 gaming convention. But just hold off for a little bit.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JackSkellington
I would just wait. Since both systems have been out at least two years. And the Xbox just shaved off $30 on its retail value. There is a very good chance they are going to put new systems on the market around Christmas time. The PS3 is already in progress and so is the Xbox2. And Nintendo is supposedly making a GameSphere. We wont know until May with the E-3 gaming convention. But just hold off for a little bit.

I could see a GamePyramid...but how do you make a GameSphere? Is it a high end Magic 8 ball? :lol:

NowInc

Originally posted by JackSkellington

You mean christmas of NEXT year ;) As for the new nintendo system, they havnt said ANYTHING regarding any new console..only a new portable. HOWEVER...theres a LOT of strong (and reliable) sources pointing to a deal between Microsoft and Nintendo. Microsoft has no japanese market, and nintendo is FLOPPING here in the states...and with sonys pending release of a handheld...both companies would be VERY wise to team up.

It wouldnt be unheard of...look at sega :)

From what im hearing, one of 3 things are going to happen::

1.) Nintendo is going to go "software only" and make all their titles Xbox2 exclusives

2.) Nintendo is going to make a cheaper "lowerend" console, and xbox will make the higher end version (with hard drive etc)

3.) Nintendo will deal with handhelds, and microsoft with consoles.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by NowInc
You mean christmas of NEXT year ;) As for the new nintendo system, they havnt said ANYTHING regarding any new console..only a new portable. HOWEVER...theres a LOT of strong (and reliable) sources pointing to a deal between Microsoft and Nintendo. Microsoft has no japanese market, and nintendo is FLOPPING here in the states...and with sonys pending release of a handheld...both companies would be VERY wise to team up.

It wouldnt be unheard of...look at sega :)

From what im hearing, one of 3 things are going to happen::

1.) Nintendo is going to go "software only" and make all their titles Xbox2 exclusives

2.) Nintendo is going to make a cheaper "lowerend" console, and xbox will make the higher end version (with hard drive etc)

3.) Nintendo will deal with handhelds, and microsoft with consoles.

Yeah, I heard something about a new Nintendo handheld to not "one-up" the Gameboy...but to sell along side the Gameboy (kinda like what Virtuaboy did...but that flopped)...and it'll have 2 screens??? (Correct me if I'm wrong...but the two screens are so the player won't have to switch from...say..."map view" to "game view" and stuff like that).

By what you're saying...Nintendo is going to became the next Sega. Which means...that the Sega produced games (aka...Sonic) will be for XBox2?

This will definitely make me buy the XB2 when it comes out...I love Nintendo games...but I love the "online feature" and the "looks" of the XBox games.

NowInc

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Yeah, I heard something about a new Nintendo handheld to not "one-up" the Gameboy...but to sell along side the Gameboy (kinda like what Virtuaboy did...but that flopped)...and it'll have 2 screens??? (Correct me if I'm wrong...but the two screens are so the player won't have to switch from...say..."map view" to "game view" and stuff like that).

By what you're saying...Nintendo is going to became the next Sega. Which means...that the Sega produced games (aka...Sonic) will be for XBox2?

This will definitely make me buy the XB2 when it comes out...I love Nintendo games...but I love the "online feature" and the "looks" of the XBox games.

The new gameboy thing is going to be a more powerfull upgrade to the GBA from what im hearing. Adding 3d support etc to basically make it as powerfull as the new PSP (playstation portable). i keep hearing 2 screens..but keep thinking battery life..so we'll see ;)

As for the MS/Nintendo deal...basically..from what im hearing (and there are a few little things here and there that support the rumors..such as microsoft using ATI for the xbox2..the same comapany that did the video cards for the gamecube) is that nintendo and Microsoft NEED each other. Each of them lacks where the other one exceeds (market wise). IF all goes thru..you can expect to see ALL nintendo titles on a microsoft system (weather its a joint nintendo/MS console..or if its just a xbox2). So yes..zelda..mario...metroid...kart...fox....ALL on the system. With live support :D

NowInc

and DUH!! how could i leave this out..

XNA!!

Microsoft has basically written a new way of programming video games that will make it WAY easy for developers to port it to ANY system....sorta like a standard. Its called XNA..and its POWERFULL. Developers love it..nintendo loves it (shh), PC makers love it......only company that doesnt...is Sony.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/content.php?id=764

Erika

Original Poster
Wow, cool info, Dan!

I bought my XBox this Saturday and I'm having my fun. The game comes out on Wednesday. I can't wait to get it. John wants Pete and Tony to sign our copy :lol:

It's just really exciting because this was his dream for so long, and we've watched him work so hard on games that got scrapped- and now, FINALLY, this game is coming out and I must say it looks incredible. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom