XBox or PS2?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Xbox is used in this house only marginally more than the PS was. Since Im no longer a single man in the evenings my gaming has stopped and the girls use their PC for chat and the odd Sims session. What a bloody waste of money!

tenchu

Originally posted by Erika
I don't thikn any of our systems cost more than $25, because we bought them all after they were old & stinky.

Same way you get your pets, right?

:wave:

(PS, I'm a PS man)

imagineer99

Originally posted by JackSkellington
No I meant this Christmas.

Then you are misinformed.

Considering that X-Box is releasing it's most highly anticipated games this Holiday season, you will not see another microsoft system released at the same time.

Disney2002

Simply put, PS2 is older and weaker as a system. Graphically, it is the worst of the 3 main systems out right now. It will be the first to be replaced by a next-gen system.

XBox would be the way to go if deciding between to two systems, however I'm so partial to Gamecube that I wouldn't buy either first. :)

Al

I used to have a Dreamcast (I know), but I found that I preferred the PC for games etc.

If I had to choose though, I'd go with the Xbox because it seems to be more advanced than the PS2, though I could be wrong.

Al

I just checked out the Xbox and PS2 on amazon uk and they're both around £120-130 :eek: ! I can't believe how they've come down in price, when they were released they must have been about £300 (that makes me sound old)! I want one now! :lol:

JackSkellington

Originally posted by imagineer99
Then you are misinformed.

Considering that X-Box is releasing it's most highly anticipated games this Holiday season, you will not see another microsoft system released at the same time.

Maybe I am off, it doesn't matter to me. But what game is the Xbox releasing during the holiday season? The Ps2 is releasing Kingdom Hearts 2 on Dec. 30, but Halo 2 comes out Sept, 10 I believe.

Erika

Original Poster
NBA Ballers

Alright, we got the game Friday night. And I have to say we are both hooked. It's a REALLY fun game.

If anyone else gets it, when you can make your own player for the "Rags to Riches" tourny, the first white guy face on the menu is Pete's face :sohappy: :lol:

We've been practicing all weekend so that when we bring it over to play with my brother today we can actually beat him at something for once. Yeah right...after a half hour he'll be mopping the floor with us anyhow!

I keep beating John (I've had twice as much practice) and he keeps crying like a baby. Then he gets on the phone to yell at Pete that his game s *cks, the guy he picked can't shoot, etc, etc, fill in excuse here. My abs hurt from laughing so hard.

DisneyJedi

I got a PS2 a couple years ago for Christmas, but I kinda wish it were an XBox.. mainly because I am a video junkie and modding the XBox would make it the ULTIMATE media player. Basically anything you download online, can easily be played back on the modded XBox right to your TV, so no more dragging the PC next to the TV to watch all the fun ride videos people create. I went with a dedicated home theater PC for doing that stuff, but it would be handy to have the XBox in the bedroom for the occasional game and divx avi video.

WDWFREAK53

Re: NBA Ballers

Alright, we got the game Friday night. And I have to say we are both hooked. It's a REALLY fun game.

If anyone else gets it, when you can make your own player for the "Rags to Riches" tourny, the first white guy face on the menu is Pete's face :sohappy: :lol:

We've been practicing all weekend so that when we bring it over to play with my brother today we can actually beat him at something for once. Yeah right...after a half hour he'll be mopping the floor with us anyhow!

I keep beating John (I've had twice as much practice) and he keeps crying like a baby. Then he gets on the phone to yell at Pete that his game s *cks, the guy he picked can't shoot, etc, etc, fill in excuse here. My abs hurt from laughing so hard.

Hehe, I played it at Best Buy this weekend...I liked it...although, unlike John, I was saying that to the 8 year old kid that I was playing against...

Can I have Pete's number??? :mad: :lol:

Erika

Original Poster
%@$#&, John is getting better and he is starting to beat me now. This is not good.

Which version did you play? He said the game plays pretty much the same on both systems, but the graphics are better on XBox.

I love the move where you kick it through the other guy's legs :lol:

John totally over-uses the bounce-off-the-head. Yesterday he kept bouncing it off my head until I fell down and the shot clock ran out. LOSER!

WDWFREAK53

%@$#&, John is getting better and he is starting to beat me now. This is not good.

Which version did you play? He said the game plays pretty much the same on both systems, but the graphics are better on XBox.

I love the move where you kick it through the other guy's legs :lol:

John totally over-uses the bounce-off-the-head. Yesterday he kept bouncing it off my head until I fell down and the shot clock ran out. LOSER!

I played the XBox version (what did you end up getting btw? :lol: or did I miss it?)

Erika

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I played the XBox version (what did you end up getting btw? :lol: or did I miss it?)

You did miss it, and it was XBox :lol:

*Alley-Oops off your head*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom