XBox or PS2?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by NowInc
Time for ULTRA GEEK POST::

Reading some of the comments on here since my last post..i have an addon..and here we go::

First off...DVD playing on xbox is 20 bucks..and thats so you can have a remote control. Most people dont bother using their gameing console as a DVD player anyway...

Second...I for one..LOVE..and still play...my dreamcast (i own 20...i use the parts to repair my Naiomi based arcade machines..which run off the same hardware found in the dreamcast)..so thats my standpoing on that :)

p.s....no system will ever be as good as an SNES :)

Whoa...Dan and I think alike! *shudders at the thought*

GaryT977

Second...I for one..LOVE..and still play...my dreamcast (i own 20...i use the parts to repair my Naiomi based arcade machines..which run off the same hardware found in the dreamcast)..so thats my standpoing on that :)

I think I have one in my hall closet if you want it... :animwink:

Last time I checked. The best controller for Xbox topped out at $30 unless you wanted to go wireless. It is no comparison between PS2 and Xbox when it comes to the feeling of the controller in your hand. The Xbox has the best one ever including all other systems I've ever tested.

Project Gotham Racing 2 is addicting!

Ultimately, check the games that are offered. Don't buy vaporwear. See which system has better/more games that you like. Check the controllers to see how they feel in your hand. You're going to be holding these things for a period of time.

NowInc

Originally posted by EnSkywalker
Last time I checked. The best controller for Xbox topped out at $30 unless you wanted to go wireless. It is no comparison between PS2 and Xbox when it comes to the feeling of the controller in your hand. The Xbox has the best one ever including all other systems I've ever tested.

Project Gotham Racing 2 is addicting!

Ultimately, check the games that are offered. Don't buy vaporwear. See which system has better/more games that you like. Check the controllers to see how they feel in your hand. You're going to be holding these things for a period of time.

Add to that...the fact that the xbox controller has 4 vibration motors in it..adding to the realism. WAY comfortable..and good button layout (well..the S-style controller..not the old style..that was..bad). The new xbox sniper rifle (which turns into a shotgun) is also damn nice :)

imagineer99

Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time

Probably...the best game of last year....

p.s....no system will ever be as good as an SNES :)

So true...

The X-Box future looks bright...

As you said, Fable, Starcraft: Ghost, and Halo 2 are guaranteed to rock.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Ah... I see that this has turned into an xbox bias thread... so thats my cue to leave....

I for one... refuse to give Microsoft any more of my money... thats why I went with the sony system :wave:

NowInc

Originally posted by DMC-12
Ah... I see that this has turned into an xbox bias thread... so thats my cue to leave....

I for one... refuse to give Microsoft any more of my money... thats why I went with the sony system :wave:

hehe...even worse for you is the STRONG rumors pointing towards a deal between nintendo and microsoft :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
hehe...even worse for you is the STRONG rumors pointing towards a deal between nintendo and microsoft :)

Eh... I just get a PSX :sohappy: (is that the new PlayStation slated to come out?) :veryconfu

NowInc

Eh... I just get a PSX :sohappy: (is that the new PlayStation slated to come out?) :veryconfu

Yeah it is..but if this deal goes thru...Sony is dead in the water.

MerHearted

No, I think that's just a combination PS2 / TiVo or something. It's like an all-in-one Playstation entertainment system. :lol:

But PSP, Playstation Portable, is coming. Watch out, Gameboy!

MerHearted

Oh, is it me or does anyone else wish they'd make more two-player co-op games. I'm not talking online games. I'm talking games where you can just sit there in the same room, playing with your brother or your friends. And not sports games or fighting games. Games where the two of you can just play through a story together. The original Nintendo had tons of those. That's what made it so fun. Having all your buddies over, playing Double Dragon and stuff. It seems the majority of games these days are tailored for single player or online. Come on, people want to play games with other people... people right next to them. I do love the Baldur's Gate series and Champions of Norrath on PS2. See, I want more of those types of games you can play with your friends.

NowInc

Originally posted by MerHearted
Oh, is it me or does anyone else wish they'd make more two-player co-op games. I'm not talking online games. I'm talking games where you can just sit there in the same room, playing with your brother or your friends. And not sports games or fighting games. Games where the two of you can just play through a story together. The original Nintendo had tons of those. That's what made it so fun. Having all your buddies over, playing Double Dragon and stuff. It seems the majority of games these days are tailored for single player or online. Come on, people want to play games with other people... people right next to them. I do love the Baldur's Gate series and Champions of Norrath on PS2. See, I want more of those types of games you can play with your friends.

Xbox has a few of those :)

Tigggrl

Okayyyy...
This is coming from someone who was more into D&D than video games growing up...I bought the PS2 EXCLUSIVELY for Kingdom Hearts, and never made it thru the game..Its stuck in Ariels Grotto, or HalloweenTown, depending on which game you choose...:lol:
I use mine for my main DVD player, our old one has issues, so I run everything thru my PS2.....
If you arent a MAJOR gamer, but like to watch your DVD's...I thought it was a good choice!
I also want to get some of the Final Fantasy games...when I get to play again...LOL:lol:

JMishy

Originally posted by Tigggrl
I bought the PS2 EXCLUSIVELY for Kingdom Hearts, and never made it thru the game..Its stuck in Ariels Grotto, or HalloweenTown, depending on which game you choose...:lol:

That's what a Game Shark is for! :D Um....not that I...*cough*...cheat or anything. Um...I just know about it because my....brother...uses it. :lookaroun

Erika

Original Poster
Wow! Thanks for all the input!!

I think we probably will go with the XBox (sorry, Jer).

I really, REALLY like it (my brother's had one for a while) and since we don't play all that much, the number of games available is not a big issue for us. Seriously I'm happy playing Simpsons Hit & Run until the end of time (plus Pete's game, of course). And the fact that it's $30 cheaper than PS2 does not hurt! ;)

NemoRocks78

Seized
I prefer my XBOX way over my PS2, mainly because XBOX does get a lot of better games exclusive to it, the graphics are really good, it's good to use as a DVD player, and the controllers are the best i've ever used on any system. But, I still do like PS2. The downside for XBOX is only because it's pretty big.

If I were in your situation though i'd buy both. :lol:

artvandelay

Originally posted by MerHearted

Both Medal of Honors(Rising Sun has a 2 player option for the entire game story, as well as head to head) have it. Obi Wan also has head to head Jedi battle!)!

JackSkellington

Originally posted by JMishy
That's what a Game Shark is for! :D Um....not that I...*cough*...cheat or anything. Um...I just know about it because my....brother...uses it. :lookaroun

What!! I can't believe you use cheats. KH is so simple, all it takes is time to win. And if you got stuck at Ariel's Grotto/Halloween Town go to the vidoe games section and post the problem. I can help answer it. You must beat the game with all puppies for "Another side another story" KH2 preview.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom