Wow!!! The Fantasy had THE RIDE last night!!!

emcclay

29285145.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster

http://www.facebook.com/groups/104089969753549/

Survivors?! This isn't Costa we are talking about.. :rolleyes:

Kelly- If you want an infraction, just make an "argumentative/sarcastic" post. 10pts. But, it expires in a few days.. shoot! Thought I could rack up some serious pointage there. :cool:

Big thanks to Steve, definitely.

Oh but the Fantasy Survivors think it's one and the same. I'll venture to use one of my hubby's favorite things to say. I truly hope all these Survivors elect not to cruise with Disney again because 'stupid people breathing up my perfectly good oxygen' is just not a happy thought.

Oh I could totally get the high score! Smart-a$$ery is a serious art form in the Sutton family. LOL!

I love it! :D

emcclay

http://www.facebook.com/groups/104089969753549/

Oh but the Fantasy Survivors think it's one and the same. I'll venture to use one of my hubby's favorite things to say. I truly hope all these Survivors elect not to cruise with Disney again because 'stupid people breathing up my perfectly good oxygen' is just not a happy thought.

Oh I could totally get the high score! Smart-a$$ery is a serious art form in the Sutton family. LOL!

I love it! :D

Maybe Carnival will send one of their older ships into the Bermuda Triangle, sans Captain.

I have a confession to make. I may or may not have posted my "One does not simply.." in the Survivor group.. :oops:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know what I get from that page? How can we get money from the mouse? I have read every story I can find on that cruise and I have yet to hear mention of any kind of injury. Sure it was a rough night at sea, but everyone got to port nearly on time, no one was hurt and the only damage was to Disney's own property. If anything, it probably cost Disney money to stay somewhat on schedule. They just as easily have stayed in port and let the passengers deal with getting new flights, hotels, etc.

emcclay

You know what I get from that page? How can we get money from the mouse? I have read every story I can find on that cruise and I have yet to hear mention of any kind of injury. Sure it was a rough night at sea, but everyone got to port nearly on time, no one was hurt and the only damage was to Disney's own property. If anything, it probably cost Disney money to stay somewhat on schedule. They just as easily have stayed in port and let the passengers deal with getting new flights, hotels, etc.

This. All of this! The guests are worried about making a buck when 80+ homes just burned to the ground? It makes me sick to think of how greedy people are.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I have a confession to make. I may or may not have posted my "One does not simply.." in the Survivor group.. :oops:

I think I <3 you. :p

Yep. But these people will be the first to say it's not about money. If Disney offers them a refund, do you really think they'll say, "Oh no. I refuse." Heck no! They'd snap it up then drop it on the next sailing they have booked, I'm sure.

Like Cindy has said several times in this thread, reading the experiences of those on other cruise lines' ships out off the east coast, the Fantasy "survivors" don't realize how good they have it because their captain got them off the ship. Even the ships that this group of people keep saying did the right thing and stayed out to see had a far worse go of it than they did. There's a pic of another ship with the bow nearly submerged as it's pitching down a wave. Sunny skies but brutal seas. The difference is the Fantasy passengers had the Sandy Wild Ride for a day (?) vs. 2 or 3 days.

On Cruise Critic there's a bunch of discussion from a person who's parents are on their way to Bermuda from Bayonne, New Jersey. I'm thinking after the wild ride those passengers had (windows busted out at the buffet, only cold-cuts served in dining rooms, etc.) they're going to return to their cars being washed away from the pier. Bless their hearts! Sheesh!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The words - "Class Action Lawsuit" being tossed around so casually are disturbing.

So foolish. The only people who ever benefit from class action suits are the lawyers. Once they take their fees and the remainder is split it's not what people think they'll get. Reading the cruise contracts and reading what other cruise ships have been thru at the same time period as the Fantasy all the way up to right now, I just don't see how there's any case to make.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So foolish. The only people who ever benefit from class action suits are the lawyers. Once they take their fees and the remainder is split it's not what people think they'll get. Reading the cruise contracts and reading what other cruise ships have been thru at the same time period as the Fantasy all the way up to right now, I just don't see how there's any case to make.
There is not. If there are no severe injuries or fatalities and not loss of property the only thing they have left is emotional distress. There is not a lawyer on the planet that would take that case without cash up front. Quite honestly, they would have had a better chance suing Disney had they stayed in port as they would have actually incurred some financial damages.

They have closed the facebook group, but I am already in. If I keep my head down I should be able to keep my membership. Anyone what to start a "These whiny cry babies on the Fantasy need to grow a set" group? :D

emcclay

I think I <3 you. :p

Yep. But these people will be the first to say it's not about money. If Disney offers them a refund, do you really think they'll say, "Oh no. I refuse." Heck no! They'd snap it up then drop it on the next sailing they have booked, I'm sure.

Like Cindy has said several times in this thread, reading the experiences of those on other cruise lines' ships out off the east coast, the Fantasy "survivors" don't realize how good they have it because their captain got them off the ship. Even the ships that this group of people keep saying did the right thing and stayed out to see had a far worse go of it than they did. There's a pic of another ship with the bow nearly submerged as it's pitching down a wave. Sunny skies but brutal seas. The difference is the Fantasy passengers had the Sandy Wild Ride for a day (?) vs. 2 or 3 days.

On Cruise Critic there's a bunch of discussion from a person who's parents are on their way to Bermuda from Bayonne, New Jersey. I'm thinking after the wild ride those passengers had (windows busted out at the buffet, only cold-cuts served in dining rooms, etc.) they're going to return to their cars being washed away from the pier. Bless their hearts! Sheesh!

;)
Of course I post it and one guy in the group doesn't get the joke. He said he was going to post it on his page. /sigh

Decided to leave the group just to be on the safe side. After all, I am sort of a CM.

There was another poster who said something to the effect of, 'I've been talking to all the lawyers I know and no one wants to take the case yet. But, I'm snot giving up'. Makes me wonder how many people sail purposely during hurricane season at the thought of suing the cruise lines if something were to occur.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
There is not. If there are no severe injuries or fatalities and not loos of property the only thing they have left is emotional distress. There is not a lawyer on the planet that would take that case without cash up front. Quite honestly, they would have had a better chance suing Disney had they stayed in port as they would have actually incurred some financial damages.

They have closed the facebook group, but I am already in. If I keep my head down I should be able to keep my membership. Anyone what to start a "These whiny cry babies on the Fantasy need to grow a set" group? :D

Sure!

I'm not all that swooft on FB. I only recently reactivated my profile (deactivated since 2009) to participate in a local homeschool group. Then I utilized the group thing for the girls cruise group to be chit-chatting thanks to Tammy because I totally couldn't figure out how to even start that up. LOL! So if you got in before the Survivor group "closed" does that mean they cease to function or they went to a private, by approval only membership but they're still going?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
;)
Of course I post it and one guy in the group doesn't get the joke. He said he was going to post it on his page. /sigh

Decided to leave the group just to be on the safe side. After all, I am sort of a CM.

There was another poster who said something to the effect of, 'I've been talking to all the lawyers I know and no one wants to take the case yet. But, I'm snot giving up'. Makes me wonder how many people sail purposely during hurricane season at the thought of suing the cruise lines if something were to occur.

Personally, I'm hoping this will make already low bookings during hurricane season even lower. This means more rampant discounts so Disney can fill the ships. I have ZERO problem sailing during horrible-cane season. Hit 'em out there or have 'em hit me here. If they're coming, they're coming. Hurricane season = cheaper cruise fares. I'm IN!

emcclay

Personally, I'm hoping this will make already low bookings during hurricane season even lower. This means more rampant discounts so Disney can fill the ships. I have ZERO problem sailing during horrible-cane season. Hit 'em out there or have 'em hit me here. If they're coming, they're coming. Hurricane season = cheaper cruise fares. I'm IN!

Back-to-back cruises for the price of one!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sure!

I'm not all that swooft on FB. I only recently reactivated my profile (deactivated since 2009) to participate in a local homeschool group. Then I utilized the group thing for the girls cruise group to be chit-chatting thanks to Tammy because I totally couldn't figure out how to even start that up. LOL! So if you got in before the Survivor group "closed" does that mean they cease to function or they went to a private, by approval only membership but they're still going?
As a closed group only members can see and respond to what they post. The creator of the group and whatever administrators he/she assigns must approve your membership and can revoke it as well. I have a feeling that they will approve pretty much anyone, but the second you post something contrary to their ideology you will get deleted.

I give it a week before the group essentially dies.

janoimagine

The words - "Class Action Lawsuit" being tossed around so casually are disturbing.
Exactly. However sadly not surprising.

People ... seriously ... you sailed on a ship that had maybe 2 rough days at sea (out of 7) ... during hurricane season ... and your traumatized??? Really? This storm came out of nowhere ... It's because of idiots like this that we have nets surrounding the Tree of Life and warning labels on McDonalds coffee. It's a joke. The captain did a fantastic job getting you home in what many are calling the storm of the century.

I took enough pictures of stupid people being themselves last trip to fill a coffee table book. I honestly witnessed a man put his children on the railing of the gator enclosure (standing) in Dinoland at AK because he didn't want to wait 2 minutes for a better viewing angle, and do not even get me started at what I witnessed at the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Portals or the Fire Station, some of you adults need to get a life and let the kids play once in a while.

We need to start having IQ tests at the Port Terminal and Park gates for people.

Ok, rant over. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The person who started that facbook group appears to be a Disney travel agent or at least has taken the Disney TA courses. I wonder how the mouse would feel about her little group?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The person who started that facbook group appears to be a Disney travel agent or at least has taken the Disney TA courses. I wonder how the mouse would feel about her little group?

Prob'ly no warm-n-fuzzies for her....whoever she is, she's shooting herself in the foot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom