Worst WDW Attraction?

betty rose

Although Stitch is probably the worst, I think they should get rid of Tomorrowland Speedway at the same time. The exhaust fumes are horrendous at times, and it gives the park too much of a carny feel. Also, it takes up a huge chunk of valuable real estate that could be used for much better attractions.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Donaldfan1934

MK - Speedway. Yes, some kids like it, but it takes up SO MUCH SPACE, is SO EXPENSIVE TO OPERATE, SMELLS SO BAD, and has ZERO appeal to anyone without a kid.
Epcot - Three Caballeros. Sorry, but what's the point?
DHS - Jack Sparrow the Explorer. I don't care if it's already closed. The fact that it ever existed makes it still the worst.
DAK - Triceratops Spin. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
I agree with all except for Three Calballeros. My least favorite Epcot attraction was Maelstrom, But its now Living with the Land since that left. Also, instead of singling out Triceratops Spin, you should just list all of C&H as the worst DAK attraction.

Last edited:

Idoonu

Just to be a contrarian I'll say Soarin, it's not my least favorite ride but it's definitely the most overhyped. Theming is really boring, the projector really needs to be updated, and the smells on it make me nauseous, they all smell the same anyways. Hopefully the updated version is a bit better.

Worst attraction overall has to be any of the spinners though, pointless attractions with ridiculous wait times. I could understand having 1, but having 4 in 1 park is just lazy. If the Aladdin carpets disappeared I'd probably change my opinion.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I agree with all except for Three Calballeros. My least favorite Epcot attraction was Maelstrom, But its now Living with the Land since that left. Also, instead of signaling Triceratops Spin out, you should just list all of C&H as the worst DAK attraction.
Living with the Land is better, in my book, because it has so much more in terms of practical effects.
Worst attraction overall has to be any of the spinners though, pointless attractions with ridiculous wait times. I could understand having 1, but having 4 in 1 park is just lazy. If the Aladdin carpets disappeared I'd probably change my opinion.

What's sad is how much better the Uni spinners are. And One Fish, Two Fish opened 17 years ago.

Ellen's Energy Adventure! On our first visit to WDW in April we went on this "adventure" and felt like it was a complete waste of 45 minutes. We didn't realise what we were getting ourselves into before we walked into the auditorium and we were then stuck with an outdated, not funny Ellen for 45 MINUTES :jawdrop:. I love dinosaurs but they didn't seem to do much. It probably didn't help that I find Ellen extremely irritating. We would of much preferred to spend that time taking in the scenery around World Showcase with a margarita in hand!!

Andrew_Animatronic

Ellen's Energy Adventure! On our first visit to WDW in April we went on this "adventure" and felt like it was a complete waste of 45 minutes. We didn't realise what we were getting ourselves into before we walked into the auditorium and we were then stuck with an outdated, not funny Ellen for 45 MINUTES :jawdrop:. I love dinosaurs but they didn't seem to do much. It probably didn't help that I find Ellen extremely irritating. We would of much preferred to spend that time taking in the scenery around World Showcase with a margarita in hand!!
Thank you! That old "adventure" is in dire need of a referb or a replacement.

KikoKea

Stitch IS pretty bad, but I can at least appreciate the pre-show and the Stitch animatronic, which is quite advanced.

No, my vote for worst attraction goes to Swiss Family Treehouse. You're climbing STAIRS themed to a 60-year old film that wasn't that great to begin with.
**Gasp**
Now, Matt....surely you don't mean that!! o_O LOL
Actually, it is so old school, I like it. Sort of an oasis of quiet and non-tech fun in the midst of what can be chaos. When I'm at the top of that tree, it takes me back to when I was a tomboy, climbing any tree I could. And, my boys absolutely loved the film when they were young.

matt clark

#1 Stitch's Great Escape.... the last time i got on it i wasnt feeling too well from just eating ( i have autonomic dysfunction and POTS) one of the things that helps my issue at least on the mental part is being close to people i know. i have good days and bad days... BUT... i just so happened to be picked to sit in some sort of SOLO seat that is completely by itself close to the entrance. so that kind of sucked... then for god knows what reason you are restrained??? another issue that if im feeling really crappy can cause me to have a panic attack. so im calming myself down.. im feeling ok... the ride itself is mostly junk.. to avoid having a panic attack when im not feeling well i can sometimes just focus on things not internal.... i cant recall why exactly, but a CM kept shining people with a flashlight... not once.. not twice... but SIX times. Even if I tried to appreciate this terrible ride everything i experienced made it impossible.

#2... and this would basically be my only other gripe with all of disney orlando... the majority of the dinosaur area in animal kingdom. its just NOT disney. it looks like some sort of fair just dropped down into a disney park randomly.

Chef Mickey

Can I ask you a serious question? Is my not liking The Haunted Mansion ride hindering your sleep? I don't like the ride. End of discussion... It's never that serious.
I can understand not liking it, because everyone has an opinion...but the worst ride at WDW is a complete and total travesty.

I did lose sleep knowing you said Haunted Mansion.

Matt_Black

I can understand not liking it, because everyone has an opinion...but the worst ride at WDW is a complete and total travesty.

I did lose sleep knowing you said Haunted Mansion.

AND the OP never said HOW it is inferior (or "worst") in comparison to every other attraction. They said it's overhyped, and that's fair, but being overhyped in and of itself is irrevelant to quality. I personally think the Lion King is a bit overrated, but it would be disingenuous of me, at best, to say it's not a good movie.

Wendy Pleakley

Sounds Dangerous held the honour until it mercifully went to Yesterland, allowing Stitch to take the current crown.

I remember just badly wanting it to be over, something I can't say about many attractions.

Ryan H. Serowinski

The worst attraction i ever had to stand though at Disney, was the Reflections of China, even if the film itself was surprisedly great, but we could not sit on anything during the 16 or so minute film so why not see it just for the film about a 360 degree view of China.

Brad Bishop

I think this thread is done. You can't get worse than Stitch and the Imagination abomination.

Something that people don't think about: The stupid train at DAK.

It's kind of pointless. It's small. You face one way and kind of see nothing. They could have built the petting zoo closer. The train could have been more of an actual transportation piece of the park. They could have just done away with it.

Stitch may suck but the train at DAK is kind of strange / pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom