Worst WDW Attraction?

Matt_Black

I'm guessing you're not a fan of Tom Sawyer's Island either and that it probably takes up valuable real estate.

Does this answer your question?

batmantom.jpg

Matt_Black

Okay. So, I'm trying to understand your not liking a Treehouse but liking an island you can wander around. When in actuality you can wander around both attractions. I figured if you don't like the Treehouse then you must not like TSI.

You can NOT wander around in the treehouse. You take a strict straight path up and then back down. And, you get to look at somebody's bed along the way. WOW.

crxbrett

I will say the worst attraction is Tricera-Top Spin. I wanted to say Stitch, but a lot of that is just my personal resentment towards it because it replaced such an awesome attraction. Stitch actually showcases some cool fx and nice audio-animatronics, so I can't say it is the worst. Primeval Whirl came close, but it is fun to ride and it's more unique in terms of the ride experience than Tricera-Top Spin is. DW already has Dumbo, Astro Orbitor and the Magic Carpets. It didn't need another spinner.

Honorable mentions would be the Mad Tea Party, Tomorrowland Speedway and the Barnstormer. I do go on them, but they are all just sort of meh and I would not be upset if they were ever removed. Now if TL Speedway was upgraded with say a trackless system and electronic cars and computer assisted technology to avoid crashes, the track expanded in a very fun way and in-turn the speeds were higher...then I would say it would be a decent attraction.

Takeitforgranite

The obvious answer is Stitch, but it's in the AC, and you'd barely even know it's there.

Tomorrowland speedway is loud, large, and boring. For me, it really detracts from the futuristic sights and sounds.

rob0519

As much as we all love WDW, I think we can all admit there are some less than desireable attractions there. If I had to pick the worst one, I would say it's Stitch's Great Escape at Magic Kingdom. What's the point? :confused:

I'm curious to hear everyone else's thoughts & opinions about what they think is the Worst attraction at WDW.

Gonna go with Swiss Family Robinson Tree House on this one. Waaay to many stairs.

Amidala

Stitch said more than just 3 words in the movie. He says a lot, actually. And I know this because I watched that movie a lot as a child.

I think SGE frustrates me not just because it's a mediocre ride (which it is) but because WDW underutilizes a really fantastic movie. Lilo & Stitch is often undersold as an over-the-top comedy, but the relationships in that movie (especially between Lilo and Nani and Lilo and Stitch) are some of the most convincing and heart-wrenching Disney has ever created IMO. I think a Hawaiian themed attraction (maybe involving "surfing" w/ Lilo, Nani, David and Stitch) would capture the heart of the movie more than SGE, which just depends on cheap laughs and completely ignores the more emotional components of the movie. Not sure where it would fit though, other than the obvious (Typhoon Lagoon and the Poly, neither of which really works for a non-water ride)...maybe Adventureland? I'd rather see a Moana attraction there, though.

SGE aside, I agree that pretty much all the rides in Dino-rama are the kind of uninspired, barely-themed rides you would find at any roadside carnival (I know that's the point, but it doesn't belong at a Disney park). Also agree on Barnstormer, and Swiss Family Robinson. And this doesn't necessarily fall under "worst" rides, but CoP is in desperate need of a refurb, not just in terms of tech, but in order to say relevant to Tomorrowland.

Musical Mermaid

MK - Speedway and Mad Tea Party Teacups
Epcot - Mission: Space
DHS - Star Tours
AK - Dinorama

There are other attractions that I find terribly annoying, but I'd rather be annoyed than sick any day. Simulators and spinners are my least favorite attraction type, even below shows and walk throughs. I can stare at a screen without sickness at home. Continuously going around in circles on spinners is not a great use of my precious park time, but I think these attractions are for people who are amused at the simplicity of them, mostly children. Even though it too is a simulator, Flight of Passage, although vomit inducing and not a must do for me anymore, is more entertaining than Dinorama.

DfromATX

I don't understand all the hate for the tree house lol! But anyway, my least favorites are the Tiki Lounge (incredibly silly and dumb) and Hall of Presidents (incredibly boring).

Fox&Hound

I will say the worst attraction is Tricera-Top Spin. I wanted to say Stitch, but a lot of that is just my personal resentment towards it because it replaced such an awesome attraction. Stitch actually showcases some cool fx and nice audio-animatronics, so I can't say it is the worst. Primeval Whirl came close, but it is fun to ride and it's more unique in terms of the ride experience than Tricera-Top Spin is. DW already has Dumbo, Astro Orbitor and the Magic Carpets. It didn't need another spinner.

Honorable mentions would be the Mad Tea Party, Tomorrowland Speedway and the Barnstormer. I do go on them, but they are all just sort of meh and I would not be upset if they were ever removed. Now if TL Speedway was upgraded with say a trackless system and electronic cars and computer assisted technology to avoid crashes, the track expanded in a very fun way and in-turn the speeds were higher...then I would say it would be a decent attraction.

Yes, triceratop spin makes no sense to me. Why not a dinosaur that flys????? So stupid...

Musical Mermaid

I don't understand all the hate for the tree house lol! But anyway, my least favorites are the Tiki Lounge (incredibly silly and dumb) and Hall of Presidents (incredibly boring).
I don't understand it either. You can take as little or as long as you want to look at the details in the treehouse. If you don't like stairs, you can still see a lot from the ground. It doesn't take up too much space and gives a good Adventureland vibe. I like having something other to do than rides and shows all day long.

This is all very subjective though and that's why there are such diverse opinions. All of us will find something to disagree about on someone else's list just as we would with a best list. That's okay, it's all in good fun.

Justinchrys25

What's interesting about this thread is that someone's favorite ride can easily be someone's most disliked ride. As I read the posts, I think about how age can also play a factor in our responses. For example, if a small child could post on this board, he/she may love a ride such as tomorrowland speedway while an adult who drives a legitimate car might hate it. I remember when my oldest was on some his first trips to Disney (at about 3 and 4 years old) he loved "steering" while I held down the gas. I believe that the control layout in the cars are made just for that purpose! That was a magical moment between father and son. Now, on our upcoming trip in September, we probably won't go on that ride (he's almost 13), but I don't think that it lessens the quality of the ride for certain folks. I would say that rides like Tomorrowland Speedway are not "timeless" rides such as POC or the Haunted Mansion or any of the mountains, but it does serve its purpose.

Brad Bishop

I like both the Treehouse and TSI. The main reasons are: They're something different.

I don't always go up in the Treehouse nor do I always go on TSI but I'd rather have something fairly unique there than, say, some IP-themed spinner.

I think that the treehouse and TSI appeal to me on the nostalgia note as well on the child-hood exploration ideas.

When I was a kid our parents would say, "Go out and play!," and we'd go out and explore the woods, built forts/treehouses. I don't think kids do that today because of helicopter parents and stranger danger (which if you looked at the stats is not really an issue but try to convince any parent of that).

They could tear down the Treehouse but what are they going to put there? Another spinner? There's really not a lot of room for the space it occupies.

They could fill in the RoA and expand Frontierland / Liberty Square but, in doing so, you're removing some bits that really make Frontierland/Liberty Square.

I get that people want the latest tech Harry Potter ride dropped in everywhere and some of the older attractions aren't as appealing. To me it's like looking for a restaurant that only serves steak. No sides. No drinks. No desserts. Just steak. Yeah, steak is great but I want the sides. I want the extras even if they aren't the main focus of the meal. They help make the meal.

Tomorrowland Speedway: I'd be fine if that went away. When it was built it was exciting because the interstate system still wasn't finished and it was exciting to drive a (very slow) car as a kid. There really weren't go cart tracks everywhere, either. At this point, it really makes more sense to dump it and reuse the space.

For DL, I'd argue that it should stay as it's more interwoven with the other rides and the scenery is pretty nice. I think that they could swap to electric and everyone would be happier, though (well, except that one guy - there's always one guy). :)

_caleb

When I was a kid our parents would say, "Go out and play!," and we'd go out and explore the woods, built forts/treehouses. I don't think kids do that today because of helicopter parents and stranger danger (which if you looked at the stats is not really an issue but try to convince any parent of that).
Hmm. The danger is pretty real in my neighborhood. But I get your point.

Brad Bishop

I'd also argue that an easy-win for DL: Rebuild the PeopleMover. Rebuild the supports/track where needed (maybe all) and have it use the same LIM system that WDW uses.

No, it's not a thrill ride or the latest greatest of anything but it's a nice ride that visitors to DL would happily welcome back especially because of how the tracks (Monorail, Autopia, Submarines, & Peoplemover) intertwine in that section of the park.

Easy win. You know how to build it. The only research is: What's the current condition of the track/supports? You don't have to spend years "coming up with something people will like" or even deal with animatronics or storyline. Just put back a new version of the thing you screwed up and you win!

Johnny Three-hats

Yes, triceratop spin makes no sense to me. Why not a dinosaur that flys????? So stupid...
Ooh, I like this idea. We could have a spinner with various dinosaurs that were developing flight feathers and gliding capabilities. Microraptors, anchiornis, yi qi, the ever famous archaeopteryx. Actually, you know what, screw the spinner, I want this as its own ride. Gliding through a Jurassic forest on the wings of archaeopteryx would be amazing.

But no. Triceratops. I mean, if nothing else, I don't think a carnival like Din-o-rama would care about presenting dinosaurs accurately. All the more reason to re-do the entire area. I don't just want my dinosaurs presented, I want them represented well and everything in Din-o-rama makes my inner dinosaur enthusiast want to cry, if only for wasted potential and space.

danyoung56

Rebuild the PeopleMover. Rebuild the supports/track where needed (maybe all) and have it use the same LIM system that WDW uses.

This would require a complete rebuild of the track, as the WDW LIM system will only work if everything is on the same level. DL's system went up and down, but you can't do that with LIMs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom