Worst WDW Attraction?

DfromATX

What's interesting about this thread is that someone's favorite ride can easily be someone's most disliked ride. As I read the posts, I think about how age can also play a factor in our responses. For example, if a small child could post on this board, he/she may love a ride such as tomorrowland speedway while an adult who drives a legitimate car might hate it. I remember when my oldest was on some his first trips to Disney (at about 3 and 4 years old) he loved "steering" while I held down the gas. I believe that the control layout in the cars are made just for that purpose! That was a magical moment between father and son. Now, on our upcoming trip in September, we probably won't go on that ride (he's almost 13), but I don't think that it lessens the quality of the ride for certain folks. I would say that rides like Tomorrowland Speedway are not "timeless" rides such as POC or the Haunted Mansion or any of the mountains, but it does serve its purpose.

Exactly! There was a time when my son LOVED Triceratops Spin. We rode it at least 5 times while our older kids were in Dinosaur. I'll never forget that, but he doesn't want to ride it anymore (he's 14 now). Same with the cars everyone hates. Little kids love that kind of stuff.

Edward M

Figment for me. It's the only Disney ride that made me actively angry the entire time. It's just irritating and, worst of all, replaced one of the best Disney rides for purely budgetary reasons. At least when Mission: Space replaced Horizons, there was a reason, and the replacement had actual work and effort put into it. Horizons never had a line, and it had a lot of problems. In a business sense, getting rid of it made sense. Imagination was still popular in 1998, and I just don't see why the ride couldn't have continued on as is. Sure, it was eating up some money, mainly the turntable. However, couldn't the turntable section have been replaced by a preshow? The ride could have just stayed as it was. It just felt like they ruined a classic ride for seemingly no good reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom