Worst WDW Attraction?

nighttowll

MK - Stitch - Probably the only attraction I refuse to go on. My family had a horrible first experience with a malfunctioning harness. Never went back after that. If they replace the harness system with a lap belt or something else, I might try it again. Otherwise, I'm staying clear.

Epcot - Test Track (after the redesign) - I don't hate it, but I don't like the Tron theme at all, and miss the old ride, so it went from being a Must Do attraction for me to a If We Have Time attraction.

HS - Beauty and the Beast Show - I'm not a huge fan of plays to begin with, and this one always leaves me feeling like I've seen Middle School Productions that were better executed, in terms of costumes and sets. Maybe the minimalist approach is intentional, but I don't like it.

Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids - Maybe we just weren't remembering correctly, but this ride seemed very tame to my family in comparison to Grizzly River Rampage at Opryland which we had been riding for years before we first tried Kali, so the ride ended up falling way short of our expectations and was a huge disappointment to us. My whole family felt it was too slow, too short, and had too few rapids and drops compared to similar type rides at other parks.

Cowboy Steve

Thank you! That old "adventure" is in dire need of a referb or a replacement.
Ditto. It was an awesome attraction when EPCOT opened in 1982... but by 1992 it was no longer that interesting... and by today's standard it just plain blows.

Lilo and Stitch never had any appeal for me (one of the few Disney movies I have not seen), so it can go anytime... lol

Hard to argue with the Speedway in MK as well. Bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea! lol

Brad Bishop

Lilo and Stitch never had any appeal for me (one of the few Disney movies I have not seen), so it can go anytime... lol

I never cared for Stitch. The movie is one of the "bottom rung" in my head. Maybe just above Mars Needs Moms and Home on the Range. I don't think that the animation was particularly good nor the story. Felt like a TV-movie on the big screen to me (maybe just one notch above that). I think he only caught on because he was mischievous and babbled (like Teletubbies babbles). I think he says 2 or 3 words through the whole move like always referring to himself in the third person like "Stitch friends".

But he caught on. He was big. People loved him.

mimitchi33

I never cared for Stitch. The movie is one of the "bottom rung" in my head. Maybe just above Mars Needs Moms and Home on the Range. I don't think that the animation was particularly good nor the story. Felt like a TV-movie on the big screen to me (maybe just one notch above that). I think he only caught on because he was mischievous and babbled (like Teletubbies babbles). I think he says 2 or 3 words through the whole move like always referring to himself in the third person like "Stitch friends".

But he caught on. He was big. People loved him.
Stitch said more than just 3 words in the movie. He says a lot, actually. And I know this because I watched that movie a lot as a child.

Chef Mickey

Unpopular opinion time: the Nemo musical in AK, it makes me cringe! So cheesy
You could argue nearly any Disney story is "cheesy." The Nemo show adds no more cheese than what's already in the original story. They essentially tell the story word for word from the movie.

If you think it's cheesy, it's probably your mindset. It's incredibly well done and the performers are talented.

WEDwaydatamover

There are certainly worse attractions than Stitch but no other Disney attraction has left me fuming the one time I saw it during AP preview. I declared never again! and tore up my annual pass on the spot.

I said to myself, if this is what Disney thinks of its guests we're done.

I've only set foot back in the Magic Kingdom once in 10 years. This is coming from a person who has owned an original WDW monorail door and literally been to the MK over 100 times. Easily.

Clarissa McDaniel

Ellen's Energy Adventure is worst in my opinion. It is boring, long, and in need of an update. I can handle SGE better because it is shorter. The only reason I will ride Ellen's Energy Adventure is to get out of the weather or to take a nap.

BenJacobs

Worst rides/attractions for me, and ones which I avoid:

Jungle Cruise
Any of the spinner rides
All of the old Fantasyland rides, except for It's a Small world
The whole Storybook Circus area in MK
Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Journey Through Imagination
Frozen Ever After(I just think it is terrible, and Maelstrom was really good)

There isn't really anything in Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom which is to a bad quality, as they are more modern. I think Dinoland is well themed for the budget, but everyone hates Chester and Hesters because they think that it's just badly themed, but actually, it's themed to be badly themed - there is a back story.

Although I like Pirates of the Caribbean, if it, along with the rest of Adventureland, were to be completely removed, it could make way for a brand new Adventureland. This new Adventureland could include a copy of Adventure Isle in Shanghai, housed under that mountain could be a new Indiana Jones ride, then a second land could also be created, a similar idea to Treasure Cove in Shanghai, which could house a brand new Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited:

po1998

DHS...Launch Bay. What a waste of space.
MK...Speedway.
EPCOT...Communicore/Innoventions/Whatever they are currently calling it
AK...Dinoland/Dinorama/Blacktop Carnival Games/Is that what made Joe Rohde a great imagineer/I don't get it

Rapunzel287

First of all: I love the character Stitch :inlove:.
But I have to say my vote goes to SGE nevertheless.
After a couple of years avoiding SGE I did it one last time this year to say goodbye. Now I'm really done with this "ride".

If I've got a second vote it would go to the train in DAK :bored:.

PatInCT

Sitting here coincidentally in my Alien Encounter t-shirt... voting for SGE as the worst ride. Went from a "must do" to a "I can't stand the smell of chili burps"

Launchpad McQuack

I think Dinoland is well themed for the budget, but everyone hates Chester and Hesters because they think that it's just badly themed, but actually, it's themed to be badly themed - there is a back story.

The theme being that it's supposed to be bad doesn't excuse it for being bad, though. It's like saying Sharknado 4 is a good movie because it's supposed to be a bad movie. Primeval Whirl is just a bad attraction. I wouldn't like it at a traveling carnival/fair, either.

JohnD

Stitch. Thank goodness it's now on a seasonal schedule. It's on borrowed time. Only a matter of time before it's closed forever.

JohnD

The Swiss Family Treehouse- combining the thrills of climbing a standard set of stairs with all the magical imagery of a mediocre movie that's 50 years old!

I'm guessing you're not a fan of Tom Sawyer's Island either and that it probably takes up valuable real estate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom