worst ride at disney (in your opinion)

PintoColvig

bigang said:
how about the pizza......value resort /food court/room delivery , pretty much
any wdw pizza is the only food i try to avoid at wdw, other wise for theme park quality food everything else is fine

Have you tried Pizza Planet at MGM? The pizza there is not too bad. Not the best you will ever have but not the worst either.

PhilharMagician

Indy Speedway.

The smell that eminates from there is horrible. It would be nice to go with a full rehab as was already stated and go with electric or clean air fuel. I personally would love to see it go completly and that would open up a lot of room for something new.

saltmom1

imagineer boy said:
MK:

The Enchanted Tiki Room ( Under New Management ): You won't believe how fast people leave the show. The only thing that's interesting are the Iago, Zazu, and Pele animatronics, bu tht erest of the show is jus so aweful. What kind of idiot wrote the Tiki Rap?! Its excruciatingly awful.

SGE: BRING BACK AE!!!! They took my favourite ride in all of WDW, and turned it into my least favourite ride in all of WDW. Terrible story, and terrible pre show animation. The only thing that makes it worth while are the animatronics.

Indy Speedway: Its fun for kids, but yes, it is a bit of a waste of space. I'd really perfer if they'd ditch the Indy theme, and make it more like the autopia at DL with electric engines, and better futuristic themeing.

Epcot:

JIYI: While better than its last lame incarnation, its still not gone. They could do so much more! They have all that ride space.

El Rio de Boring: It is a little relaxing, and a nice way to beat the heat, but it is so gawd awfully boring. All they have at the beginning are lame TV screens instead of animatronics and I can't help but roll my eyes when the ominous narration says "THIS IS THE LAND OF MY PEOPLE!" Not to mention the day of the dead segment just screams IASW rip off.

MGM:

Sounds Dangerous: I really wish they'd just bring back the monster sound show. It was alot more funny and more entertaining. Not to mention it fit the MGM themeing alot better.

HISTK playground: One of the reasons why the park screams 80s. They could easliy replace it with something better. I heard one idea a long time ago, that they could replace it with a play ground themed to munchkin land from the Wizard of Oz. Its a pretty good idea actually.

WWTBAM: Its time they replaced it. The actual TV show is no where near as popular as it once was. Besides, they replaced the one in DCA, maybe this one is next.

AK:

There really is no attration in AK that bad that can make it to the list. There is Kali river rapids, which is a good ride, but it definately needs to be longer.
How about the carnival section-Dinoland ?

kiawahman

Account Suspended
ryguy said:
By far the worst attraction in all of Walt Disney World is: The Enchanted Tiki Room, it is 10 minutes of pure hell. They really butchered this one it used to be alright, they don't even play the whole Tiki room song which everybody likes!! By the way its my first post!! Love the website.
RyGuy

I agree with you on this one. This was such a Disney classic that they tried to "update." I think the popularity of the attraction would be the same if they had not changed it.

JATMAT

bigang said:
magic carpets of alladin, dunbo, and astro ....i know mc and dumbo are for yound children, but 3 of the same generic carnival ride seems tacky in the same themepark

Obviously you do not have a 3 year old. Without plenty of the "tacky" rides for them to do, you have a cranky child to drag around to rides they are too short for!!!! I think the main reason for more of the same were the incredibly slow, long lines for the Dumbos!! Bear in mind, I would have agreed with you 4 years ago!:lol:

Pongo

I rode Star Tours a few weeks ago for the first time in a decade, and I must say I was VERY disappointed. It was so unnatural and noisy and... it was just bad.

As for those who dislike Astro-Orbiter because it is "just a carnival ride", I must disagree. I gave it another shot last year out of curiosity and it blew me away. It is exhilarating to ride, especially at night when everything is lit up. It gives you such great views of everything. Don't just a ride by how it looks compared to others. It if in a league of its own when grouped with Dumbo and Magic Carpets. I love it. One of my favorites at MK.

Peter Parker

My vote for rides & things that can change go as follow:

Magic Kingdom - Stitch's Great Escape. They should have left ET or come
up with something original. CoP, I had no done this in
about 22 years, rode it this weekend & will probably
wait another 22 years. (It is a classic so I would not like
to see it go)

Epcot - The movies in the World Show Case. I think stores or a mini museum
would be better the the movies. Spaceship Earth needs some
serious upgrades. I do not like the roller coaster idea because
this is the ride that welcomes you to EPCOT & it would be a
shame to have to skip if you have little one or if you prefer not
to ride roller coasters. Mission Space, did not live up to the
hype.

MGM - Drew Carey "sound stage" It is also time to come up with
something better than Star Tours.
The theme is fine, but needs to be renovated.

Animal Kingdom - Bugs life gets old after a while.

I guess Magic Kingdom still rules, Epcot needs some serious upgrades with some of the rides & shows, MGM needs more stuff, & Animal Kingdom seems to still be searching, but well on its way.

Brett

Body Wars is the worst for me. And the terrible part is that is such a pleasure to see the Wonders of Life pavilion open that it almost seems I have to ride it. The video looks like a super horrible 70's B-Movie. Bad, just plain bad.

daverube

MK - The Speedway takes the cake...hands down

Epcot - Test Track is not as enjoyable as it could be...then again, I am a licensed driver and, as a believer in Rule No. 2 of the Universe, am not a fan of the usual crowd....

DS - The Great Movie Ride needs updating (pure cheese)...so does Star Tours (the video looks and feels old)....

AK - The Kilimanjaro Safari is cheesy!!

mdisney

icorsix said:
I agree with this. They should dispense with all the poacher spiel and make it more of a straightforward safari tour.

It helps with the message of the land, because each land has a message at DAK. Also I have even a better idea if you don't like the ride never ride it again. Plain and simple folks, because not all rides are made just for you. They put into account that people are different. Im sorry to get angry, but the safari is not that bad of a ride.

PintoColvig

icorsix said:
I agree with this. They should dispense with all the poacher spiel and make it more of a straightforward safari tour.
mdisney said:
It helps with the message of the land, because each land has a message at DAK. Also I have even a better idea if you don't like the ride never ride it again. Plain and simple folks, because not all rides are made just for you. They put into account that people are different. Im sorry to get angry, but the safari is not that bad of a ride.

Let me clarify my initial response...I agree that the safari ride is cheesy BECAUSE of all the poacher spiel. Otherwise, I love the safari ride A LOT! Sorry to anger you. Better yet, sorry you are so easily angered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom