worst ride at disney (in your opinion)

joshwill

Without a dobut, its a small mexico...er...el rio del tiempo. The most painfull and excrutiatingly boring ride ever conceived.

it398

Please dont take this the wrong way, as it is probably because i'm english but i'd say the worst attraction is American Adventure / Hall of presidents. its been years since i last saw these shows and i was only about 14 / 15. but i remeber my sister falling asleep in the chair next to me. we have a great photo of her. hehe.
still to me its a pretty boring show, but i guess disney is going for the historic / patriotic ideas.

imagineer boy

MK:

The Enchanted Tiki Room ( Under New Management ): You won't believe how fast people leave the show. The only thing that's interesting are the Iago, Zazu, and Pele animatronics, bu tht erest of the show is jus so aweful. What kind of idiot wrote the Tiki Rap?! Its excruciatingly awful.

SGE: BRING BACK AE!!!! They took my favourite ride in all of WDW, and turned it into my least favourite ride in all of WDW. Terrible story, and terrible pre show animation. The only thing that makes it worth while are the animatronics.

Indy Speedway: Its fun for kids, but yes, it is a bit of a waste of space. I'd really perfer if they'd ditch the Indy theme, and make it more like the autopia at DL with electric engines, and better futuristic themeing.

Epcot:

JIYI: While better than its last lame incarnation, its still not gone. They could do so much more! They have all that ride space.

El Rio de Boring: It is a little relaxing, and a nice way to beat the heat, but it is so gawd awfully boring. All they have at the beginning are lame TV screens instead of animatronics and I can't help but roll my eyes when the ominous narration says "THIS IS THE LAND OF MY PEOPLE!" Not to mention the day of the dead segment just screams IASW rip off.

MGM:

Sounds Dangerous: I really wish they'd just bring back the monster sound show. It was alot more funny and more entertaining. Not to mention it fit the MGM themeing alot better.

HISTK playground: One of the reasons why the park screams 80s. They could easliy replace it with something better. I heard one idea a long time ago, that they could replace it with a play ground themed to munchkin land from the Wizard of Oz. Its a pretty good idea actually.

WWTBAM: Its time they replaced it. The actual TV show is no where near as popular as it once was. Besides, they replaced the one in DCA, maybe this one is next.

AK:

There really is no attration in AK that bad that can make it to the list. There is Kali river rapids, which is a good ride, but it definately needs to be longer.

Mecha Figment

it398 said:
Please dont take this the wrong way, as it is probably because i'm english but i'd say the worst attraction is American Adventure / Hall of presidents. its been years since i last saw these shows and i was only about 14 / 15. but i remeber my sister falling asleep in the chair next to me. we have a great photo of her. hehe.
still to me its a pretty boring show, but i guess disney is going for the historic / patriotic ideas.

blasfemus heathen!!!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
it398 said:
i think it is..... id probably fall asleep during an AA show about the queen and parliment. but being an american....i dont go in these attractions either, lol, i figure, ive lived through seeing it all over the news stations, i dont want to see it on my vacation

beagle 1 said:
The Winnie the Pooh ride is by far the worse.

GASP!!! "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" is a wonderful promise that the classic dark rides can still have life and a new place at WDW. I always overlooked the Pooh ride until a few weeks ago when I gave it another chance and it quickly became a major favorite for me. Owl's rocking house, jumping along with Tigger, the dream sequence, the smoke ring, the flood scene where your cart floats! These are all amazing, yet quite simple effects that truly breathe new life into an already conquered ride technology. I always favor the classic dark rides, I love the simple effects that make you feel you walked straight into a book. These rides hold some of my strongest WDW memories and I can't wait to share them with my children one day. My dream is that's Disney will create and design new classic dark rides for attraction-less/ride-less "new" animated classics such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc.

Jen214

We skipped Sounds Dangerous last weekend just because you all had said it was so bad, we just didn't feel like it.

I also have to confess I was dissapointed with Country Bear Jamboree. That was something I was looking forward to the most since I loved it when I was a kid... it just was not entertaining. I guess a 6 year old is just way easier to please.

The nice thing about knowing which attractions you don't care for means you get to skip them and make more time for the ones you love!

William Marsden

bigang said:
magic carpets of alladin, dunbo, and astro ....i know mc and dumbo are for yound children, but 3 of the same generic carnival ride seems tacky in the same themepark

I agree. And if those three variations of the same old, tired tune aren't enough for you in the Magic Kingdom, you can hop over to the Animal Kingdom and ride TriceraTop Spin. Can't Disney think of anything better than that? Dumbo and AstroOrbiter are old rides (actually AstroOrbiter replaced the old Star Jets) but Magic Carpets of Aladdin and TriceraTopSpin are relatively new.
What if they took out Magic Carpets and brought back Mr. Toad or 20,000 Leagues (I know you'd have to do some relocating). Does anyone remember the pleasant ride about airline travel that was replaced by Buzz Lightyear? I think it was called Dreamflight. Now granted, Buzz is an improvement but I think that Disney should have BOTH Buzz and Dreamflight and take out AstroOrbiter.
There's so much undeveloped land at Animal Kingdom what if they just had a land for all of the attractions that have been replaced over the years. Horizons, World of Motion, a place where you could still see Body Wars and Cranium Command. I would happily trade in that stupid TriceraTop Spin for such a place.

mayoki

Sounds Dangerous is good for a nice nap, but that's about it.

The new Figment ride is aweful, what a waste of a rehab.

Neverwhere

mitchk said:
So do I. The first thing I do when I get to Epcot is grab a margarita, and get on El Rio Del Tiempo......So relaxing :snore:

I find it freakishly relaxing too for some reason. It mellows me out. Weird.

bigang

how about the pizza......value resort /food court/room delivery , pretty much
any wdw pizza is the only food i try to avoid at wdw, other wise for theme park quality food everything else is fine

gingerbuzz

I can't believe people are putting down the boat in mexico! I love it!
I also love the indy speedway but only the fact because i am 16 and from the UK and i am not of the legal age to drive. I'll probably hate it next year.

I have to say my least favourite ride is country bear jamboree. That has to be the worst thing i have ever seen.
But then again I haven't seen sounds dangerous as I seem to 'forget' to go...

MK: Tie between Tiki Room Under NEW Management and Stich great escape

Epcot: Tie between ellen energy adventure and JIYI

MGM: the tram ride

AK: DINO RAMA

Disneyland: tie between pooh and honey I shrunk the audiance

DCA: Everything except for Soarin'

PintoColvig

William Marsden said:
...I think that Disney should have BOTH Buzz and Dreamflight and take out AstroOrbiter.

Why take out AstroOrbiter? It's one of those few attractions that doesn't take up much space since it is integrated with TTA and food service (The Lunching Pad?) Yes, it is a slow loading ride with small capacity but it provides much needed and much welcome movement (kinetics). With TTA, CoP, and Indy cars, there always seem to be movement in TL, which I like. Even if you take out AstroOrbiter, TTA, and the food counter, the newly reclaimed space would only be large enough for...another spinning ride!

LudwigVonDrake

I feel everything in Disney serves a purpose but Stitch's Great Escape.....geez, is that horrible! I couldn't wait for it to be over and it makes me wish Alien Encounter would be transported back into the building :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom